Arafat - the Monster

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2004/11/11/arafat_the_monster/

YASSER ARAFAT died at age 75, lying in bed surrounded by familiar faces. He left this world peacefully, unlike the thousands of victims he sent to early graves.

In a better world, the PLO chief would have met his end on a gallows, hanged for mass murder much as the Nazi chiefs were hanged at Nuremberg. In a better world, the French president would not have paid a visit to the bedside of such a monster. In a better world, George Bush would not have said, on hearing the first reports that Arafat had died, "God bless his soul."

God bless his soul? What a grotesque idea! Bless the soul of the man who brought modern terrorism to the world? Who sent his agents to slaughter athletes at the Olympics, blow airliners out of the sky, bomb schools and pizzerias, machine-gun passengers in airline terminals? Who lied, cheated, and stole without compunction? Who inculcated the vilest culture of Jew-hatred since the Third Reich? Human beings might stoop to bless a creature so evil -- as indeed Arafat was blessed, with money, deference, even a Nobel Prize -- but God, I am quite sure, will damn him for eternity.

Arafat always inspired flights of nonsense from Western journalists, and his last two weeks were no exception.

Derek Brown wrote in The Guardian that Arafat's "undisputed courage as a guerrilla leader" was exceeded only "by his extraordinary courage" as a peace negotiator. But it is an odd kind of courage that expresses itself in shooting unarmed victims -- or in signing peace accords and then flagrantly violating their terms.

Another commentator, columnist Gwynne Dyer, asked, "So what did Arafat do right?" The answer: He drew worldwide attention to the Palestinian cause, "for the most part by successful acts of terror." In other words, butchering innocent human beings was "right," since it served an ulterior political motive. No doubt that thought brings daily comfort to all those who were forced to bury a child, parent, or spouse because of Arafat's "successful" terrorism.

Some journalists couldn't wait for Arafat's actual death to begin weeping for him. Take the BBC's Barbara Plett, who burst into tears on the day he was airlifted out of the West Bank. "When the helicopter carrying the frail old man rose above his ruined compound," Plett reported from Ramallah, "I started to cry." Normal people don't weep for brutal murderers, but Plett made it clear that her empathy for Arafat -- whom she praised as "a symbol of Palestinian unity, steadfastness, and resistance" -- was heartfelt:

"I remember well when the Israelis re-conquered the West Bank more than two years ago, how they drove their tanks and bulldozers into Mr. Arafat's headquarters, trapping him in a few rooms, and throwing a military curtain around Ramallah. I remember how Palestinians admired his refusal to flee under fire. They told me: `Our leader is sharing our pain, we are all under the same siege.' And so was I." Such is the state of journalism at the BBC, whose reporters do not seem to have any trouble reporting, dry-eyed, on the plight of Arafat's victims. (That is, when they mention them -- which Plett's teary bon voyage to Arafat did not.)

And what about those victims? Why were they scarcely remembered in this Arafat death watch?

How is it possible to reflect on Arafat's most enduring legacy -- the rise of modern terrorism -- without recalling the legions of men, women, and children whose lives he and his followers destroyed? If Osama bin Laden were on his deathbed, would we neglect to mention all those he murdered on 9/11?

It would take an encyclopedia to catalog all of the evil Arafat committed. But that is no excuse for not trying to recall at least some of it.

Perhaps his signal contribution to the practice of political terror was the introduction of warfare against children. On one black date in May 1974, three PLO terrorists slipped from Lebanon into the northern Israeli town of Ma'alot. They murdered two parents and a child whom they found at home, then seized a local school, taking more than 100 boys and girls hostage and threatening to kill them unless a number of imprisoned terrorists were released. When Israeli troops attempted a rescue, the terrorists exploded hand grenades and opened fire on the students. By the time the horror ended, 25 people were dead; 21 of them were children.

Thirty years later, no one speaks of Ma'alot anymore. The dead children have been forgotten. Everyone knows Arafat's name, but who ever recalls the names of his victims?

So let us recall them: Ilana Turgeman. Rachel Aputa. Yocheved Mazoz. Sarah Ben-Shim'on. Yona Sabag. Yafa Cohen. Shoshana Cohen. Michal Sitrok. Malka Amrosy. Aviva Saada. Yocheved Diyi. Yaakov Levi. Yaakov Kabla. Rina Cohen. Ilana Ne'eman. Sarah Madar. Tamar Dahan. Sarah Soper. Lili Morad. David Madar. Yehudit Madar. The 21 dead children of Ma'alot -- 21 of the thousands of who died at Arafat's command.

Like R Lee Ermey said, "Sounds and looks like a day dedicated to the life of Arafat, and not the veterans who fought for freedom and liberty if you look at all the news networks today!" (he was interviewed on Fox)

swordfhatlee.gif

I doubt many who think Arafat was an Ahole have the balls to put up with the crap that he did, day in and out. He lived in a hell that many who peck at keyboards for ha ha's could ever fathom.

His ability to put a face on the Palistinian cause was heroic.

No, I don't agree with murdering inocent people Jews or Arabs. But Israel, and the radical Jews who inhabit that country are no better creatures than Arafat.

I do hope that the incoming regime can put a handle on terrorism committed by the Palistinians, and thus lead the way to a sucessful peace process. But,, I also hope that GWB, Tony Blair, the Frogs, and all other super powers can put the reins on the Israelis who are hell bent to conquer then divide Palistinian land, and its people, into non existance.

Arafat was not a perfect man, but I can neither condone, nor condemn the man when ancient Palistinian olive gardens, and homes, are being bulldozed flat to make room for imported aliens on illegaly annexed land.

Working Man said:
I doubt many who think Arafat was an Ahole have the balls to put up with the crap that he did, day in and out.

No, I don't agree with murdering inocent people Jews or Arabs. But Israel, and the radical Jews who inhabit that country are no better creatues than Arafat.

I do hope that the incoming regime can put a handle on terrorism committed by the Palistinians lead the way to a sucessful peace process. But,, I also hope that GWB, Tony Blair, the Frogs, and all other super powers can put the reins on the Israelis who are hell bent to conquer then devide Palistinian land, and its people, into non existance.

you are one stupid fuck. too bad you didn't just end up being a stain on your daddy's sheets. you have no clue what you are talking about.

the Palestinian land? Tell me, was there EVER a "Palestinian" state? Ever?

Working Man said:

But Israel, and the radical Jews who inhabit that country are no better creatues than Arafat.

Palistinian land

palisinian cause = death of all jews and elimination of israel

i do not recall israel blowing up busses and pizza parlors with children trained in sucicide kindergartens

palistinian land? why don't one of the arb contires give them a patch of sand? parts of iraq are available now

manu1959 said:
palisinian cause = death of all jews and elimination of israel

i do not recall israel blowing up busses and pizza parlors with children trained in sucicide kindergartens

palistinian land? why don't one of the arb contires give them a patch of sand? parts of iraq are available now

Absolutely right. What this all boils down to is another case of have-nots wanting what the Jewish people have, success, prosperity, and freedom. Rather than kicking out the dead wood (Arafat) that gets them no where, takes all their money and stuffs it in Swiss bank accounts, they idolize a killer and mourn his death.

Ps has anyone noticed the press portraying him as this meek little French looking peasant?????? Whats with that??

To all of you Pro Israel douche bags, Harry Truman was an AHOLE too just like you. He is one of the reasons we are in the mess we are today. He had no right creating a Kabutz anywhere in the middle east, and allowing the Jews to call it home.

Why would anyone want to go to a place, take residence, where your neighbors hate your stupid ass??? Why don't you just tie a pork chop around your neck and jump into a lion's pit?? Unless, of course, you intended to kill your neighbors off as part of your grand scheme under the guise of self defense.

And so long as scum like you are allowed to breed, I am sure we will forever be burdened with supporting a country is no true friend of the US.

Israel, its policies on living in the land that it stole, and continues to steal,,,, and schmucks like you are the reason we have to defend ourselves from terrorism here in the US.

Working Man said:
To all of you Pro Israel douche bags, Harry Truman was an AHOLE too just like you. He is one of the reasons we are in the mess we are today. He had no right creating a Kabutz anywhere in the middle east, and allowing the Jews to call it home.

Why would anyone want to go to a place, take residence, where your neighbors hate your stupid ass??? Why don't you just tie a pork chop around your neck and jump into a lion's pit?? Unless, of course, you intended to kill your neighbors off as part of your grand scheme under the guise of self defense.

And so long as scum like you are allowed to breed, I am sure we will forever be burdened with supporting a country is no true friend of the US.

Israel, its policies on living in the land that it stole, and continues to steal,,,, and schmucks like you are the reason we have to defend ourselves from terrorism here in the US.

once again, in the same thread at that, you show that you are just an ignorant fuck. :trolls:

Working Man said:

Okay Mr tolerance....how about we just let the Jewish people walk into the ocean to satisfy the wishes of the radical Islamists........Lets see there are how many countries over there that are occupied by Islamist and how much land????? How about the Palestinians go to one of those? HUM?? The Jewish people live on a piece of land the size of fucking Nantucket, while all the others in that region have what oh lets see the land equivalent of oh yeah the whole MiddleEast!!!!!!!!!!!

Working Man said:

That really means alot coming from a guy that prefers terrorists over Jews...

Normally I would let you assholes toot your horns, but since we are in a state of passion,,, let me clarify this. You big supporters of Israel are the truly ignorant ones. Your argument doesn't hold water. If anyone should have moved to unoccupied territory, ,it should have been the Jews. If I am not mistaken, were the Jews not offered a different piece of sand themselves??? Why didn't they take it?

And no, I don't support terrorism. With all the great minds of Israel how come they can't defeat terrorism? How come we have it now in this country? Maybe because we act too much like the radical Israelis, and you douche bags. You don't respect others, you flaunt it. It is either your way or nothing else but ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK. You wipe your dirty asses with the US Constitution. You feel that might makes it right.. In effect, you people who attack controversial posts are terrorists youselves.

Working Man said:
Normally I would let you assholes toot your horns, but since we are in a state of passion,,, let me clarify this. You big supporters of Israel are the truly ignorant ones. Your argument doesn't hold water. If anyone should have moved to unoccupied territory, ,it should have been the Jews. If I am not mistaken, were the Jews not offered a different piece of sand themselves??? Why didn't they take it?

And no, I don't support terrorism. With all the great minds of Israel how come they can't defeat terrorism? How come we have it now in this country? Maybe because we act too much like the radical Israelis, and you douche bags. You don't respect others, you flaunt it. It is either your way or nothing else but ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK. You wipe your dirty asses with the US Constitution. You feel that might makes it right.. In effect, you people who attack controversial posts are terrorists youselves.

you obviously know nothing about history. now go fuck yourself! :asshole:

Working Man said:

Drink a little too much Kool-Aid there? I post something in disagreement with you and all of a sudden I'm a terrorist?

I think this is the first time I've ever not known what to say to anyone on here. I'm torn between the urge to rip you a new asshole, put you on ignore, or prod you on so that you'll get banned and the board won't be tainted with your membership anymore.

:bye1:
:tinfoil:

quote by: Working Man-- "in a state of passion"

In my state of "passion" I suggest you eat shit and die.

quote by:gop_jeff-- "I'm torn between the urge to rip you a new asshole, put you on ignore, or prod you on so that you'll get banned and the board won't be tainted with your membership anymore."

I for one am all for ripping him some new ass holes, thus making him more aerodynamic for when his ass gets thrown off the board.

damn I am good.

gop_jeff said:
Drink a little too much Kool-Aid there? I post something in disagreement with you and all of a sudden I'm a terrorist?

I think this is the first time I've ever not known what to say to anyone on here. I'm torn between the urge to rip you a new asshole, put you on ignore, or prod you on so that you'll get banned and the board won't be tainted with your membership anymore.

:bye1:
:tinfoil:

That's one hell of a dilemma... Two are entertaining, one is not... :)

Forum List

Back