Arabs Riot in Jerusalem Over Bin Laden's Demise

Hamas and fatah are merging, you're not going to be able to tell the difference soon. Abbas and fatah lost, they gave in to the hard-line hamas terrorist’s thugs

Why must we assume that? Maybe Hamas lost and are giving in to the soft-liner Fatah "doves." We have yet to see the details of their agreement. I'd see the latter as much more likely, because Palestinians are tired of getting pounced on over and over again and the majority realize that violence and extremism are not going to help - in fact, Hamas' hardline and oppressive approach since the intra-Palestine conflict began has probably done more to delegitimize it in the eyes of the Palestinian people than Israel's bombs have. The entire Arab world is moving towards non-violent resistance, and I fully expect Palestinians, even in Gaza, to follow suit.

You think Hamas is going to give in to the softer Fatah agenda? no way in hell.

I think it should be noted that it was not Hamas who wanted this unity but the Palestinian people. Neither Hamas nor Fatah is popular with the people....and if you think Hamas is bad you must be unaware of the struggle it has had to control the growing Al Qaeda influence in Gaza which has arisen due to frustration at no change in their situation.

Radical Islam in Gaza - International Crisis Group

and although I despise the lack of humanity of Al Qaeda, we need also to look at the situation of the people of Silwan

Occupied Palestine |

Palestinians are recognising the strength of non violence. Hamas may become insignificant or indeed may change.

Hamas has committed to a ceasefire and the jihadist salafis have agreed both to unity and a ceasefire so for a moment we have an opportunity for a new beginning.

no one has to "debate" nonsense that you and your terrorist supporting propaganda put forth ... .no matter how much you think it's deserving of any legitimacy.

Forum rules
Derogatory statements directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are permitted with the stipulation that you generally look like a fool when resorting to these tactics within a serious conversation on real issues. If you're comfortable playing the fool, feel free to do so.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/47455-usmb-rules-and-regulations.html

says it all

Arabs Riot in Jerusalem Over Bin Laden's Demise, Hamas Angry

46870.jpg

Arabs in the village of Silwan, adjacent to the City of David neighborhood in Jerusalem, rioted Monday night in protest over the elimination of Osama Bin-Laden. The rioters were throwing stones at police and attempting to block roads.

While most of the free world praised the United States for having rid it of arch-terrorist Bin Laden, the Hamas organization - which has recently all but merged with Fatah, headed by Mahmoud Abbas - condemned the act.

The Gaza-based website Al Qassam reports that Gaza leader Ismail Haniyeh, the head of the local Hamas chapter that runs Gaza, told reporters on Monday that Bin Laden was an "Arab holy warrior."

Meeting with journalists in his office in Gaza City, Haniyeh said, "If this news [of Bin Laden's killing] is true, then this means that it is part of the American policy based on the oppression and bloodshed in the Muslim and Arab world."

Haniyeh expressed his strong condemnation for the killing or assassination of Bin Laden, whom he referred to as "Mujahed" - someone in engaged in jihad, holy war against infidels. He said he was praying for mercy for Bin Laden.

Hamas reached a "reconciliation" agreement with Fatah last week, calling for the formation of a joint interim government in the coming days, and preparations for elections a year from now throughout Judea, Samaria and Gaza. The agreement was hailed by most left-wing and anti-Israel organizations

Arabs Riot in Jerusalem Over Bin Laden's Demise, Hamas Angry - Politics & Gov't - Israel News - Israel National News

I haven't seen anything about this in either jpost or ha'aretz and i've been looking for the past couple of days.

and while it may be true, perhaps something that's not the neocon version of their papers??

Shocking.

People who know that their sworn enemy, Isreal, is supported by the USA, also hate the USA.

Gee, how strange those people are.

No doubt all you patriots here wouldn't be AT ALL like that if you were Palestinians, right?

No you guys would do what, exactly

Welcome the existence of Isreal and love the Americans who support Isreal?

I don't think so, kids.

I think those of currently seeking higher moral ground on behalf of the Isrealis would be doing EXACTLY the same thing on behalf of PALESTINE

You are Zionists supportive of Isreal for exactly the same reason Palestinians join organizations like Hamas.

It's a TRIBAL thang, so just admit it and do please spare me any of your faux moral outrage trollisms.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnfvoGrIemM]YouTube - Al-Aqsa Mosque imam vows to avenge killing of Osama bin Laden[/ame]

Forum List

Back