Arabic Required By One-Worlders

nothing wrong with learning Arabic, no worse than German, French or Spanish.

German, French or Spanish are more useful for kids to learn in schools in the US than Arabic. Arabic is a difficult language to learn with a whole different alphabet, they even read starting from the left instead of the right. Good luck.

It's more useful than German or French. IMO, it's one of only four languages worth knowing in the future, along with English, Spanish and Chinese.

What a narrow-minded attitude.

Like many have said alot of our kids struggle with the English language itself. Arabic is a more difficult language with a whole different alphabet and writing style, plus you read from left to right, I don't see many American kids being interested in this or being able to pass it.

English is written left to right, Arabic and Hebrew are written right to left

Fuck my bad.

nothing wrong with learning Arabic, no worse than German, French or Spanish.

German, French or Spanish are more useful for kids to learn in schools in the US than Arabic. Arabic is a difficult language to learn with a whole different alphabet, they even read starting from the left instead of the right. Good luck.

It's more useful than German or French. IMO, it's one of only four languages worth knowing in the future, along with English, Spanish and Chinese.

How is it more useful than German or French? I could see it if you are in the oil business but what average every day American needs to know Arabic? come on now. We aren't exactly sending droves of American students to study in the top universities in Iraq or anything like that.

My system has lots of world language (can't call it foreign language anymore, don't won't offend anyone) electives to choose from to include Arabic. The operative word being elective. The kids pick which language they want to study. Making it a requirement is not cool.

Like many have said alot of our kids struggle with the English language itself. Arabic is a more difficult language with a whole different alphabet and writing style, plus you read from left to right, I don't see many American kids being interested in this or being able to pass it.

The only kids in my school that take Arabic are Middle Eastern. They even have trouble, as many of them have been in the US for years and English is their primary language.

Arabic is a very difficult language, like I said I don't see to many American kids taking to this very well. I am surprised they even offer this in your school.

The only kids in my school that take Arabic are Middle Eastern. They even have trouble, as many of them have been in the US for years and English is their primary language.

Arabic is a very difficult language, like I said I don't see to many American kids taking to this very well. I am surprised they even offer this in your school.

I am in Fairfax County. Not only do we have lots of diversity, we have diplomats' kids, governors and congress members kids, and kings of industry involved in the schools. They demand much.

Even if they learn arabic, they won't be able to speak to Iranians who don't speak arabic.

No language is inherently more 'difficult' than any other. Forcing a course like that on kids for tranparently political reasons is not a good idea.

I am in Fairfax County. Not only do we have lots of diversity, we have diplomats' kids, governors and congress members kids, and kings of industry involved in the schools. They demand much.

Hmm interesting, I have no problem with Arabic being offered but it should be voluntary.

No language is inherently more 'difficult' than any other. Forcing a course like that on kids for tranparently political reasons is not a good idea.

I agree, I'll tell you one thing if they made us take Arabic at my high school it would have been a circus, half those clowns could barely read English as is, would have been F's across the board.

These days, half the teachers can barely string together a sentence in proper English.

I do think it might be a boon to the future of our intelligence agencies to have more Americans who can speak Arabic, but the context of pushing a political agenda in education pretty much dooms it to failure anyway.

If we happened to be next door to Arabic speaking countries and had a large Arab population here I could see the need to teach it, but we don't have any of that. Might as well teach the kids Spanish or Chinese.

My system has lots of world language (can't call it foreign language anymore, don't won't offend anyone) electives to choose from to include Arabic. The operative word being elective. The kids pick which language they want to study. Making it a requirement is not cool.

Seems to me, Navy....and to use a nautical term, you are closest to tacking in the right direction....

...the actual language in question is but a small part of the objections of Ms. Abruzzo...

It's the element of force, and the emphasis on UN principles of one-worldism, vs. American values and sovereighty....

This is but one example of the cultural brain-washing by the Left. Imagine if a religious Right organization designed a curriculum openly doctrinaire, and taught by a minister of the sect.

The debate surely wouldn't be about the Latin or Hebrew....

Can you prove that she is a liberal? can you prove that speaking Arab is leading to one world government? No your stretching this a thin as you can. Do you love being paranoid all the time?

I do think it might be a boon to the future of our intelligence agencies to have more Americans who can speak Arabic, but the context of pushing a political agenda in education pretty much dooms it to failure anyway.

I would rather have Americans speak Chinese instead of Arabic.

Certainly more American students are currently studying Chinese.

Certainly more American students are currently studying Chinese.

China is our largest trading partner, alot of Chinese students come here to study in our top schools and currently we have quite a bit of Americans going to China to work. Shit a friend of mine from high school landed a job with as an Electrical Engineer with a company in Shanghai, he's been living there for 2 years. Makes more sense to me to teach American kids Chinese instead of Arabic, although that shouldn't be forced either, Chinese is a very difficult language.

Last edited:
Again, no language is more difficult than any other in and of itself. For Americans working in China it would certainly be a good idea to study Chinese. In terms of international settings or here in the US, it is still a good idea but not as much a practical necessity. Americans are not likely to ever approach the degree to which Chinese students have been attempting to master English for decades now.

Again, no language is more difficult than any other in and of itself. For Americans working in China it would certainly be a good idea to study Chinese. In terms of international settings or here in the US, it is still a good idea but not as much a practical necessity. Americans are not likely to ever approach the degree to which Chinese students have been attempting to master English for decades now.

Oh I agree we won't see as much Americans studying Chinese as they study English, but if I had to pick a language to force Americans to learn it would be Chinese, it will prove more valuable in the long run.

Forum List

Back