Arab states against terrorism

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
Arab states have said they will try to assemble a unified military force to combat common threats across the Middle East, as Yemen was described as being ‘on the brink of the abyss’ at the Arab League summit.

Arab states plan joint Middle East force as Yemen conflict continues World news The Guardian

While Arab League is making actual steps to unify their forces and attack ISIS and Yemeni rebels all together the US fails to understand whether our military presence in the Middle East is required. Thousands people got killed, tens of thousands lost their homes. Oh really, do we have to engage? Probably not yet, let's wait for another 10000 women and kids killed in Iraq and then we can go. Why Arab countries with compound military spending several times less than that of the US feel obligated to fight Jihadist threat and we don't?

coalitionagainstterror.gif

Until we realize "fighting terror" doesn't work to end terror (only ensures it continues) terror will continue. At some point someone needs to come to their senses, put down their arms and go home. If Arabs wanna duke it out let them, but getting involved in that particular mess is a no-win situation. All we're accomplishing is job security by making it worse.

In my lifetime, there has never been a single moment of peace in the middle east despite a lot of military might getting slung around claiming that somehow despite all evidence to the contrary, that can work. It can't work, it hasn't work, it's never gonna work.

Repeating the same action over and over expecting a different result is insanity.

Until we realize "fighting terror" doesn't work to end terror (only ensures it continues) terror will continue. At some point someone needs to come to their senses, put down their arms and go home. If Arabs wanna duke it out let them, but getting involved in that particular mess is a no-win situation. All we're accomplishing is job security by making it worse.

In my lifetime, there has never been a single moment of peace in the middle east despite a lot of military might getting slung around claiming that somehow despite all evidence to the contrary, that can work. It can't work, it hasn't work, it's never gonna work.

Repeating the same action over and over expecting a different result is insanity.
As long as there is Islam in the middle east, they are going to have terrorism, so it isn't going away any time soon. You can however put a stop to terror groups taking over towns and cities. The idea is to minimize the threat as much as possible, not eradicate it.

As long as there is Islam in the middle east, they are going to have terrorism, so it isn't going away any time soon. You can however put a stop to terror groups taking over towns and cities. The idea is to minimize the threat as much as possible, not eradicate it.

I believe it is not about Islam. During Assad and even Saddam there were no terrorist groups on the territories of Syria and Iraq. When we came there, the chaos begun. I believe Middle Eastern nations need a strong leader and economic prosperity (as some Asian states) instead of democracy and full-time human rights service.

Forum List

Back