Arab Spring, the sequel

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
I wonder if Obama will call for Mosni to step down as quickly as he did with Mubarek.

Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi defended his latest decree granting himself sweeping powers before supporters in Cairo as anti-Morsi demonstrators set fire to Muslim Brotherhood offices in cities across Egypt on Friday.

As enraged demonstrators torched Muslim Brotherhood offices in several Egyptian cities, a defiant Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi defended his recent decree granting himself sweeping powers before a crowd of supporters outside the presidential palace in Cairo Friday.

"Political stability, social stability and economic stability are what I want and that is what I am working for," said Morsi. "I have always been, and still am, and will always be, God willing, with the pulse of the people, what the people want, with clear legitimacy" he said from a podium before thousands of supporters.

Muslim Brotherhood offices torched, Morsi on defensive - EGYPT - FRANCE 24

Does anyone remember any fires during the Tahrir Square protests?

460x276xAlexandria046.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.B65bPPKYUC.jpg

Teargas?

TahrirSqTearGas60.jpeg

Is there a reason this isn't the top story on every newscast in the country?

I wonder if Obama will call for Mosni to step down as quickly as he did with Mubarek.

Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi defended his latest decree granting himself sweeping powers before supporters in Cairo as anti-Morsi demonstrators set fire to Muslim Brotherhood offices in cities across Egypt on Friday.

As enraged demonstrators torched Muslim Brotherhood offices in several Egyptian cities, a defiant Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi defended his recent decree granting himself sweeping powers before a crowd of supporters outside the presidential palace in Cairo Friday.

"Political stability, social stability and economic stability are what I want and that is what I am working for," said Morsi. "I have always been, and still am, and will always be, God willing, with the pulse of the people, what the people want, with clear legitimacy" he said from a podium before thousands of supporters.

Teargas?

TahrirSqTearGas60.jpeg

He is still trying to decide if Morsi and Egypt is ally or enemy.

Before the Muslim Brotherhood even took charge of Egypt, they were telling Egyptians to prepare for war. Morsi makes Mubarek look like a boy scout. Obama was openly supportive of the Muslim Brotherhood, despite their deep ties to terrorism. Anyone paying attention knew that things would heat up as soon as the radical Muslim Brotherhood, led by Morsi, took over and our media pretty much yawned and repeated the talking points about how nice it was that the people would be a democracy. Yea, working out real well.

Did anyone here think the Muslim Brotherhood was good news for Egypt or any other country, for that matter?

What do you all think we should do?

Nothing is a fair answer btw.

I am still trying to figure out why Obama thought it was a good idea to get rid of the government that was there. The only thing I have come up with is arrogance.

As for what we should do, we should invent a time machine and go back and fix this. Since that is impossible, nothing seems to be the best option open to us.

Last edited:

I am still trying to figure out why Obama thought it was a good idea to get rid of the government that was there. The only thing I have come up with is arrogance.

As for what we should do, we should invent a time machine and go back and fix this. Since that is impossible, nothing seems to be the best option open to us.

Or the human rights violations, that could be another reason.

revolutions are messy...this really has nothing to do with obama

The revolution Obama took credit for has nothing to do with him? Why were idiots giving him credit for it then?

how did he remove the last leader? All he did was ask for him to step down.
Who is claiming obama took credit and is giving credit? He really didnt do anything.

Again the idea this is Obama's egg and its getting crushed is a false one.

well thats because you are an idiot thats why. Obama didnt get rid of anyone.

revolutions are messy...this really has nothing to do with obama

Too late for him or his supporters to back away now.

back away from what? revolutions are messy and don't follow an exact script.
Nit pickers like you and the Op don't help either. All you people are doing is looking at the mess and attempting to label blame on Obama, because well you lost.

Looks like post dictatorship Egypt is going to need some time to establish who or what is in charge.

Looks bad to me.

Teargas?

TahrirSqTearGas60.jpeg

Obama took credit for being part of the "democracy movement". Now that, even the libs, know it was horseshit, they have to :stfu: and
and

LOOK OVER THERE!!! A REPUBLICAN WANTS TO REGULATE ABORTIONS!!!!

Before the Muslim Brotherhood even took charge of Egypt, they were telling Egyptians to prepare for war. Morsi makes Mubarek look like a boy scout. Obama was openly supportive of the Muslim Brotherhood, despite their deep ties to terrorism. Anyone paying attention knew that things would heat up as soon as the radical Muslim Brotherhood, led by Morsi, took over and our media pretty much yawned and repeated the talking points about how nice it was that the people would be a democracy. Yea, working out real well.

Did anyone here think the Muslim Brotherhood was good news for Egypt or any other country, for that matter?

Every last liberal did.

Not one paused to think.

The Egyptians voted and chose a democracy/theocracy. Maybe the young people will change their minds and votes later, if it is not too late.

Forum List

Back