Arab migration to Mandatory Palestine

toastman

Gold Member
Aug 17, 2012
Pro Palestinians like to believe that the increase in the Arab population during the Mandate period was attributed to the fact that birth ratios were much higher than death ratios. I am not saying that these ratios did not contribute to the increase of Arabs in the region, but they are FAR from being the only, or even the biggest contributing factor to the increase of Arabs.

We've all heard how Arabs flocked to the region to take advantage of better wages and improved living conditions that the Jews in the region made possible. Pro Palestinians do not want to believe this, but it's absolutely true.

Here is an excellent article explaining in great detail (using graphs as well) why many Arabs from surrounding countries migrated to Mandatory Palestine. Please red the whole article.

Here are some key parts:

Evidence for Arab Migration
There are several problems associated with estimating Arab immigration into Palestine during the 1920s, the principal one being that Arab migration flows were, in the main, illegal, and therefore unreported and unrecorded.[17] But they were not entirely unnoticed.

Demographer U.O. Schmelz's analysis of the Ottoman registration data for 1905 populations of Jerusalem and Hebron kazas (Ottoman districts), by place of birth, showed that of those Arab Palestinians born outside their localities of residence, approximately half represented intra-Palestine movement—from areas of low-level economic activity to areas of higher-level activity—while the other half represented Arab immigration into Palestine itself, 43 percent originating in Asia, 39 percent in Africa, and 20 percent in Turkey.[18] Schmelz conjectured:

The above-average population growth of the Arab villages around the city of Jerusalem, with its Jewish majority, continued until the end of the mandatory period. This must have been due—as elsewhere in Palestine under similar conditions—to in-migrants attracted by economic opportunities, and to the beneficial effects of improved health services in reducing mortalityjust as happened in other parts of Palestine around cities with a large Jewish population sector.[19]

Well, posting a piece of propaganda that disputes official records from an article written for the Middle East Quarterly, Daniel Pipe's Hasbara propaganda outlet certainly must be factual. LOL

Well, posting a piece of propaganda that disputes official records from an article written for the Middle East Quarterly, Daniel Pipe's Hasbara propaganda outlet certainly must be factual. LOL

You obviously didn't read the article. It's probably too long and complicated for someone of your intelligence anyway.

Do you even know what the word propaganda means ? The article I presented used documented sources and citations as well as graphs.

There were many Arabs who illegally migrated to the region that were not accounted for Monti. But I don't expect someone like you to accept truth like that, as you are allergic to the truth.

Another article:

Palestinian censuses.

Key parts:

"It is certain that there was at least some illegal Palestinian-Arab immigration, as noted in British mandatory reports. Immigration from Transjordan was not illegal, and was not recorded as immigration at all until 1938"

"The population of Ottoman "Palestine" is difficult to estimate, because:

1. There was no administrative district of Palestine. Turkish census figures were for various districts, including the Jerusalem, Acco and Nablus districts for example. The Acre district included areas in Lebanon, outside the modern borders of Palestine in which there were no Jews.

2. Turkish census figures did not include Bedouins (estimated at a few thousand) and foreign subjects. A considerable proportion of the Jews retained their foreign nationality (usually Russian) in Ottoman Palestine.

3. Both Arabs and Jews avoided the Turkish census. Foreigners who were without residence permits did not want to make their presence known. Arabs and Jews wished to avoid taxes and conscription.

4. In the 19th century, only Muslims were subject to the draft, and accordingly, Muslims tended to avoid the census.

5. According to Justin McCarthy, the census tended to undercount women and children.

6. The Turkish census data were not published.

7. There was no British census after 1931, and the census of 1922 was not very methodical. Therefore, the 1931 census data are the only real census data for Palestine before 1948.
"

You obviously didn't read the article. It's probably too long and complicated for someone of your intelligence anyway.

Do you even know what the word propaganda means ? The article I presented used documented sources and citations as well as graphs.

There were many Arabs who illegally migrated to the region that were not accounted for Monti. But I don't expect someone like you to accept truth like that, as you are allergic to the truth.

A propaganda outlet publishes propaganda, all the graphs, figures etc. are included for propaganda purposes. I use official governmental sources or academic sources (subject to peer review) you look and find propaganda that suits your views, that in fact, your views have always been based on. The number of non-Jewish migrants, as well as Jewish migrants are accounted for in the official reports. It is the Zionist myth that tries to claim that Palestine was an empty place before the Europeans invaded. The facts are far different.

Another article:

Palestinian censuses.

Key parts:

"It is certain that there was at least some illegal Palestinian-Arab immigration, as noted in British mandatory reports. Immigration from Transjordan was not illegal, and was not recorded as immigration at all until 1938"

1. There was no administrative district of Palestine. Turkish census figures were for various districts, including the Jerusalem, Acco and Nablus districts for example. The Acre district included areas in Lebanon, outside the modern borders of Palestine in which there were no Jews.

2. Turkish census figures did not include Bedouins (estimated at a few thousand) and foreign subjects. A considerable proportion of the Jews retained their foreign nationality (usually Russian) in Ottoman Palestine.

3. Both Arabs and Jews avoided the Turkish census. Foreigners who were without residence permits did not want to make their presence known. Arabs and Jews wished to avoid taxes and conscription.

4. In the 19th century, only Muslims were subject to the draft, and accordingly, Muslims tended to avoid the census.

5. According to Justin McCarthy, the census tended to undercount women and children.

7. There was no British census after 1931, and the census of 1922 was not very methodical. Therefore, the 1931 census data are the only real census data for Palestine before 1948.
"

You continue to post bullshit from Israeli/Zionist propaganda sites that are intent on propagating the myth that there was nobody in Palestine before the European Jews invaded the place.

Here is Ottoman Palestine in a movie, does it look like it is devoid of people?

The overwhelming majority of today's Palestinians are squatters with no titles or deeds whatsoever to the land they stole & have now been living on for generations. Time for those Zionists to help free the Palestinians from Israel's brutal treatment of peace offerings, a security fence & land concessions so they remain in Israel.

A propaganda outlet publishes propaganda, all the graphs, figures etc. are included for propaganda purposes. I use official governmental sources or academic sources (subject to peer review) you look and find propaganda that suits your views, that in fact, your views have always been based on. The number of non-Jewish migrants, as well as Jewish migrants are accounted for in the official reports. It is the Zionist myth that tries to claim that Palestine was an empty place before the Europeans invaded. The facts are far different.

LOL I expected a pathetic response like that from you. I never said Palestine was empty, learn how to read.

SO, show me what in my link did you find to not be factual and prove it.

LOL I expected a pathetic response like that from you. I never said Palestine was empty, learn how to read.

I am not going to analyze propaganda. I wouldn't post something from Electronic Intifada and expect anyone to read or believe it. Your side instead, insists we should believe the propaganda from Israeli/Zionist propaganda sites.
I know reading the propaganda makes you feel good about the ridiculous views you have, but it is not fact.

Another article:

Palestinian censuses.

Key parts:

"

You continue to post bullshit from Israeli/Zionist propaganda sites that are intent on propagating the myth that there was nobody in Palestine before the European Jews invaded the place.

Here is Ottoman Palestine in a movie, does it look like it is devoid of people?

www.adespicabletruce.org is a Zionist site? :lol: :lol:

So far, all you have said is that my sources are propaganda, yet you have not pointed out what specifically is wrong. All you do is post the same immature responses to whatever doesn't kiss Palestinian ass. You are beyond pathetic.

"Does it look like it is devoid of people"

Where the fuck did I say that you deluded moron ?? I am claiming the opposite. You didn't even read the articles, which is not surprising as they are too long for someone of your intelligence and attention capacity. All you are good at doing is yelling "ahhhh Zionist propaganda!!!"

You're supposed to be a university graduate ?? :lol:
I'm certain you never even finished high school. You are the dumbest poster here.

"Jews invaded the place:

An invasion is a military offensive. Remember how many times I refuted your invasion lie and embarrassed you?

I am not going to analyze propaganda. I wouldn't post something from Electronic Intifada and expect anyone to read or believe it. Your side instead, insists we should believe the propaganda from Israeli/Zionist propaganda sites.
I know reading the propaganda makes you feel good about the ridiculous views you have, but it is not fact.
In other words, you never read anything, because you are too stupid. You are claiming that I am saying Palestine was devoid of people when Jews migrated there."P

So like I said, all you can do is cry "Propaganda propaganda!", yet you can't even tell me specifically what you're talking about. Not surprising considering you are EASILY the dumbest poster here.

Since you didn't read anything I posted let me fill you in. The census of Arab migration is NOT 100% accurate. Population AND migration census.

The overwhelming majority of today's Palestinians are squatters with no titles or deeds whatsoever to the land they stole & have now been living on for generations. Time for those Zionists to help free the Palestinians from Israel's brutal treatment of peace offerings, a security fence & land concessions so they remain in Israel.

Can you believe this Monti idiot ? All day long he posts Palestinian propaganda, and then he goes around accusing others of doing the same. What a hypocrite.

I'm amazed that someone as dumb as Monti can even use a computer :lol: :lol:

The fact is, 95% of the migration/invasion to Palestine was that of the European Jews, who went to colonize the land and evict the existing non-Jewish residents. That's just a fact.

The fact is, 95% of the migration/invasion to Palestine was that of the European Jews, who went to colonize the land and evict the existing non-Jewish residents. That's just a fact.

As far as documented migration, yes. But as my articles, which you refused to read because you hate the truth, have proved, there has been much Arab migration which was not documented.

Can you believe this Monti idiot ? All day long he posts Palestinian propaganda, and then he goes around accusing others of doing the same. What a hypocrite.

What Palestinian propaganda? Government/International Organization records are not propaganda, Governmental or Academic institutional sites are not propaganda sites you moron. You are posting raw propaganda from propaganda sites. You can't discern the difference?

What Palestinian propaganda? Government/International Organization records are not propaganda, Governmental or Academic institutional sites are not propaganda sites you moron. You are posting raw propaganda from propaganda sites. You can't discern the difference?

You don't even know the last site I used , how can you call it propaganda? You didn't even read the article. You accused me of saying there were no Arabs in Palestine prior to European immigration.

Now, back to the original question. Since you claim what I posted is propaganda, be more specific. What in the article in untrue ?

Raw propaganda :lol: :lol:

www.adespicabletruce.org is a Zionist propaganda site according to Monti.

You realize that whenever you disagree with someone, the only thing you can say it "It's propaganda !! Propaganda !! Zionist propaganda !!!"

Yet you can't even tell me what I posted or where in the articles is there any propaganda or false information.
That means you didn't read the articles, yet you still have the nerve to claim propaganda. You truly are a dumb dumb dumb uneducated moron, and I really mean that.

As factual if not more than relying on a ictional account written by committee and then edited to fit the paying customers POV.

So which government source did you use for the crap you peddle about arab muslims owning 95% of Palestine then. Because you certainly have not posted a link that states this. You have posted a fictional account that starts out by saying Jews owned 8% and arab muslim owned 0.8% of the land, but soon pulled that and went onto post one dealing with possession of the land

Forum List

Back