‘Arab Labor’, Israel’s best sitcom, comes to Southern California television

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It's look like those living in Southern California with digital cable will be able to see Israel's popular situation comedy, Arab Labor.

‘Arab Labor’, Israel’s best sitcom, comes to Southern California television
by Simone Wilson

Imagine my disorientation the day I flew home to California for Christmas and found my parents watching "Arab Labor," my most-loved sitcom (and, I thought, best-kept secret) from Israel.

Alas, the show was too good to hide from America for long. LinkTV, an indie satellite network with a heavy focus on the Middle East, picked up the series back in 2008, only a year after its Israeli premiere, and started airing it for Dish and DirecTV subscribers (aka, my parents).

And now its U.S. audience is going proletariat. Starting next month, the five-and-a-half million households in Southern and Central California with basic digital cable will be able to watch Israel's best sitcom — from Episode One of Season One through to the end of Season Four — on KCETLink, the new merger between KCET and LinkTV. (Click here to find out which channel that is for you.)

Read more at:

?Arab Labor?, Israel?s best sitcom, comes to Southern California television | Hella Tel Aviv | Jewish Journal

Forum List

Back