Arab homosexuality explained?

Bass v 2.0

Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
Homosexuality on the Rise in Saudi Arabia
Result of an Oppressive Regime or Are Saudis Coming Out of the Closet?

According to an article The Kingdom in the Closet in the May 2007 issue of the Atlantic Monthly, many in the Saudi population, both male and female, frequently engage in homosexual acts despite the fact that it is punishable by death under Islamic Sharia law. Homosexuality seems risky in a kingdom sometimes called "The Land of The Two Holy Mosques", a reference to Mecca and Medina, Islam's two holiest places. Much of the Kingdom's law is derived from an ultra-conservative form of Sunni Islam commonly known as Wahhabism, which has zero tolerance for diversity.

According to Western Resistance, one of the reasons that a large segment of the Saudi population engages in homosexual acts is that it's frankly easier to mingle with members of the same sex in the highly restrictive and oppressive regime--

According to Islamic law homosexuality is punishable by death. This punishment, however, is a poor deterrent. According to the article, most Saudi men become gay because it's easier to pick up a man than to find a woman. The situation is the same for young women. The article claims that Saudi Arabia's inhumane laws and dread morality police, which forbid dating between young men and women, in fact are a major factor pushing them towards homosexuality in their youth.

In his article, Queer Shiek, Being openly gay in Saudi Arabia used to be a death sentence-but times are changing, John R. Bradley describes the scene at a western-type mall in the city of Jeddah-

Homosexuality on the Rise in Saudi Arabia - Associated Content

How does Atlanic Monthly KNOW that homosexuality is on the rise?

The laws haven't changed have they?

So if their theory is that the laws against men and women intermingling are the cause, and those laws have been in place for a long long time, their theory doesn't make sense.

How does Atlanic Monthly KNOW that homosexuality is on the rise?

The laws haven't changed have they?

So if their theory is that the laws against men and women intermingling are the cause, and those laws have been in place for a long long time, their theory doesn't make sense.

Should give you some idea ....

Memo from the Editors
Article Tools
sponsored by:

E-mail Article
Printer Format
To: Atlantic Readers
Re: Thinking

Is there any concept more anodyne and vague at the one extreme, and more powerful at the other, than the idea of ideas? To give some heft and edge to it, we chose to build this, The Atlantic’s first Ideas Issue, not around speculative experimentation, academic abstraction, or gee-whiz gizmos—cool though they may be—but around real-world attempts to rethink big questions.

Memo from the Editors

Yeah, right! :confused:

I was merely pointing out .... QUOTE! "The Atlantic’s first Ideas Issue, not around speculative experimentation, academic abstraction, or gee-whiz gizmos—cool though they may be—but around real-world attempts to rethink big questions." might explain the drift of their magazine?

Gzzzz, don't yell at me! I am not one of their reporters! :mad:

Wait a minute? I thought all the buzz was that you are BORN a homosexual, not that you could CHOSE to be one.

Perhaps this article should submit their "findings" to the Medical community to help us " Understand" Homosexuality?

I was merely pointing out .... QUOTE! "The Atlantic’s first Ideas Issue, not around speculative experimentation, academic abstraction, or gee-whiz gizmos—cool though they may be—but around real-world attempts to rethink big questions." might explain the drift of their magazine?

Gzzzz, don't yell at me! I am not one of their reporters! :mad:

If you were under the impression I was yelling at you, please know that I was not.

I fail to see how Atlantic Monthly ame to the conclusions (or specualtions) they did.

Nothing about that theory makes sense.

:confused: Maybe they are running out of all of those "virgins" they are promised for doing suicide bombings :confused:

Who knows :confused:

Go talk to a Muslim with some knowledge of the Koran and don't believe what the media tell you, or you'll find yourself reported as wanting to wipe Saudi Arabia off the map or something and be sent to Gautanamo. Some say that quotation is about raisins! If people are brave enough to die to oppose oppression they don't do it for silly fantasies but because of real suffering.

Surely the point is that there are a few people wholly committed to a homosexual lifestyle and a rather greater number committed to heterosexuality, but that, for most people, things will depend on opportunity. Thus some RC priests go in for child-abuse, while many sailors and prisoners (for instance) traditionally favoured homosexual acts, the other kind not being available. Classical Athenian society kept its women in harem-like conditions and thereofore romanticised the love of young men. Obviously some sort of homosexual feeling is going affect relationships in the puritanical area east of the Mediterranean, as it always has, whatever the religion.

Last edited:
..... Go talk to a Muslim with some knowledge of the Koran and don't believe what the media tell you, or you'll find yourself reported as wanting to wipe Saudi Arabia off the map or something and be sent to Gautanamo. Some say that quotation is about raisins! If people are brave enough to die to oppose oppression they don't do it for silly fantasies but because of real suffering.....

Okie dokie. You seem to know much more about it than the average bear (like Yogi) - so I will take your word for it. :cuckoo:

:confused: "raisins" ?

It is reactionary against oppression. According to a great book on the regime, many men in Saudi Arabia put their phone numbers in the back windows of their cars making it look like many cars are for sale. So says the below book, it is men hoping women will call them. The people of the regime are very sexually repressed. I think think may be an extension of that.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sleeping-Devil-Washington-Saudi-Crude/dp/1400052688/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218031607&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: Sleeping with the Devil: How Washington Sold Our Soul for Saudi Crude: Robert Baer: Books[/ame]

A great book. I suggest both his books (he has a fiction piece as well... I haven't read it).

Forum List

Back