ARAB FREEZE: American Approval Plummets...

Not to defend aggressive Foreign Interventionism but Mossadegh and the Shah were absolute Saints compared to the Mullahs who took over Iran. Iran would have been much better off sticking with Mossadegh or the Shah.

That's iffy. Mossadegh might very well have been pushed aside by the communists, who would then have brought proxy soviet control of the persian gulf with all that implies.

You appear to have missed the point - anything that gets a 99.99% yes vote is OBVIOUSLY a fraud. Yes, yes - the CIA arranged a coup with the British, but don't hold Mossadegh up as the Martyred Saint of Democracy.

I never held him up to sainthood. However, look at what he was facing. The CIA was crippling his government.

Perhaps we can try this again when you get honest.

Can't keep giving hard-earned American Tax Dollars to people who burn American Flags and preach "Death to America!" That day has to pass. It's just not a worthy investment for Americans.

You appear to have missed the point - anything that gets a 99.99% yes vote is OBVIOUSLY a fraud. Yes, yes - the CIA arranged a coup with the British, but don't hold Mossadegh up as the Martyred Saint of Democracy.

I never held him up to sainthood. However, look at what he was facing. The CIA was crippling his government.

Nobody who holds a fake election giving himself absolute power could be said to be a democrat - the very idea is laughable.

Nobody who holds a fake election giving himself absolute power could be said to be a democrat - the very idea is laughable.

I never called him a Democrat. Once again, your dishonesty is showing.

You refuse to look at this in the light of context. The CIA was paralyzing his government. Why you refuse to look at this fact is beyond me. Perhaps you are a huge Shah and SAVAK fan.

I never called him a Democrat. Once again, your dishonesty is showing.

You refuse to look at this in the light of context. The CIA was paralyzing his government. Why you refuse to look at this fact is beyond me. Perhaps you are a huge Shah and SAVAK fan.

So you're saying if a government has a big crisis, the leader can hold fake elections and seize power? The bizarre irony about the eternal bemoaning of the CIA staging a coup in iran is that the person they deposed did the same thing just before they did.

Mossadegh stages coup: Good. Er well, not so bad, OK I guess.

CIA stages coup: Bad, bad.

The CIA could use your same arguments back at you - if the communists took over iran and it became a soviet satellite, the government would have been "frozen" in a different way.

We have a lot more crime than most Arab countries- anyway, they get the wrong impression from our media and movies.. And no, they hate us because we blindly support Israel, #1 in all ways.

So you're saying if a government has a big crisis, the leader can hold fake elections and seize power?

A crisis? The CIA was in the midst in overthrowing him which they eventually did. What would you do? Just twiddle your thumbs?

The bizarre irony about the eternal bemoaning of the CIA staging a coup in iran is that the person they deposed did the same thing just before they did.

The CIA could use your same arguments back at you - if the communists took over iran and it became a soviet satellite, the government would have been "frozen" in a different way.

It is quite obvious that you are endorse the idea of overthrowing nascent democracies, installing a dictator, and then training secret police to use Nazi torture tactics to squelch dissenters.

Mossadegh wouldn't have resorted to those measures if the CIA wasn't paralyzing his government with money, propaganda, and scare tactics.

They hate us but they love our Money. Haven't seen any of them refuse to take our Money. So lets just accept they hate us and stop giving them American Tax Dollars. How bout it Politicians?

So you're saying if a government has a big crisis, the leader can hold fake elections and seize power?

A crisis? The CIA was in the midst in overthrowing him which they eventually did. What would you do? Just twiddle your thumbs?

So the thing for him to do was stage his OWN coup? It was necessary for him to destroy democracy in order to save it???

The bizarre irony about the eternal bemoaning of the CIA staging a coup in iran is that the person they deposed did the same thing just before they did.

It is quite obvious that you are endorse the idea of overthrowing nascent democracies, installing a dictator, and then training secret police to use Nazi torture tactics to squelch dissenters.

Mossadegh wouldn't have resorted to those measures if the CIA wasn't paralyzing his government with money, propaganda, and scare tactics.

He fixed them, huh? Beat them to the punch with his OWN propaganda, and scare tactics, and coup?? :D

Obama, US viewed less favorably in Arab world, poll shows.

By Farah Stockman, Globe Staff

The United States is viewed less favorably in much of the Arab world today than it was during the final year of the Bush administration, and President Obama is less popular in the region that Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, according to a poll released today (WED) by the Arab American Institute, a nonpartisan research and advocacy group.

Attitudes towards the US president and the United States as a whole have been growing increasingly negative over the past ten years due to the invasion of Iraq, outrage over Guantanamo Bay, and continued frustration over the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, said James Zogby, president of the Arab American Institute, which has been tracking attitudes for a decade.

But the current poll is striking in that is illustrates how far Obama’s favorability has fallen in the region, after an initial optimistic spike when he took office.

“It’s because expectations were created that were not met,” Zogby said.

In 2008, the final year of the Bush administration, only nine percent of Egyptians had a favorable attitude towards the United States. A year later, after Obama took office, that number jumped to 30 percent. But now it has plummeted to just five percent of Egyptians who view the United States favorably.

Similar figures in Morocco, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates show that the United States is viewed less favorably now than the final year of the Bush administration.

In a worrisome sign for US policymakers who would like to enlist the region’s support in isolating the Iranian regime, the poll shows that the policies of Iran are viewed more favorably than the policies of the United States.

In Egypt and Jordan, only three percent of people polled said they agreed with Obama’s policies in the region, compared to 31 percent and 20 percent who said they agreed with the Iranian president’s. In Saudi Arabia, only ten percent agreed with Obama’s policies, compared to four percent who said they agreed with the Iranian president.

Zogby said Obama’s appointment of a special ambassador to work on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict - by far the most important issue to people in the region, according to the poll - raised initial expectations. But then the US failure to make progress on the issue created widespread disillusionment.

Zogby said he spoke briefly with Obama a month ago about the poll and that the president said he expected the numbers to be low, given the impasse on the Israeli-Palestinian problem.

Other findings from the poll: Large numbers of Arabs say the no-fly zone over Libya either has no impact on or will worsen US-Arab relations.

Also, only 39 percent of Egyptians say the Arab world is better off since the uprisings spread across the region this spring, with 45 percent saying it is “too early to tell.”

DRUDGE REPORT 2011®
Obama, US viewed less favorably in Arab world, poll shows from Political Intelligence

Obama is a tyrant and a murderer. Thats why.

So the thing for him to do was stage his OWN coup? It was necessary for him to destroy democracy in order to save it???

He didn't save it, dumbass.

He fixed them, huh? Beat them to the punch with his OWN propaganda, and scare tactics, and coup?? :D

I get it. You get your jollies by jacking off to the Shah, overthrowing nascent democracies, and installing the secret police.

Now, go away.

Last edited:
should make repugs happy that Obama is persuing the war on terrorists, but they wouldn't be happy in the world no matter what. Araba there not the only race on the planet. they also have self esteem problems,not to mention that BO.

We have a lot more crime than most Arab countries- anyway, they get the wrong impression from our media and movies.. And no, they hate us because we blindly support Israel, #1 in all ways.

Geeze! No one remembers the Bush Crusade?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br_70Kbdpow]‪BushCult's "Crusade" statement‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I would respect these Arab Nations who hate us a whole lot more if they refused to accept our Money. Till i see that happen,i'll just assume this is just another shake-down attempt by them. Make the Americans feel guilty and then rape their Taxpayers again. A vicious circle for sure. Just stop taking our Money and i'll listen.

Forum List

Back