AR 15 Vs Any other .223 semiautomatic rifle

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
So it seems to be the contention here that somehow the AR 15 performs differently than all other semiautomatic rifles chambered for the same caliber.

It has been put forth that the AR 15 fires faster, kills better, etc than any other commercially available semiautomatic rifle of the same caliber.

So is the AR 15 functionally different from any other same caliber semiautomatic rifle?

If so please post all the relevant data

The AR is not the greatest one shot one kill rifle. .223 ammo is cheaper than other type ammo.
AR's have flooded the market compared to other types.
It's a great rodent gun in the farming areas
I can reload a .223 for about .23 cents a round.

So it seems to be the contention here that somehow the AR 15 performs differently than all other semiautomatic rifles chambered for the same caliber.

It has been put forth that the AR 15 fires faster, kills better, etc than any other commercially available semiautomatic rifle of the same caliber.

So is the AR 15 functionally different from any other same caliber semiautomatic rifle?

If you think it's the same as other guns, why are people so all fired upset about shelving it? If it's the same, just buy a different one. Simple shrimple.

If you think it's the same as other guns, why are people so all fired upset about shelving it? If it's the same, just buy a different one. Simple shrimple.
If its all the same, why ban that one?

If it's the same, why should it be banned? The default should not be to allow a Constitutionally protected right to be limited because it can be exercised similarly elsewhere.

Perhaps people are upset because it is basically the same, and a ban on the AR-15 would set a precedent to ban all other similar weapons?

The AR is not the greatest one shot one kill rifle. .223 ammo is cheaper than other type ammo.

Thanks for the information but is there any difference between the AR 15 and any other similarly chambered semiautomatic rifle in regards to functionality, speed, power etc?

I asked a question.

So please answer the question.

If the AR is different from any other similarly chambered semiauto rifle of the same caliber please post all the relevant data.

Thanks for the information but is there any difference between the AR 15 and any other similarly chambered semiautomatic rifle in regards to functionality, speed, power etc?
Ok I get what you're after.
If you want the risk of a huge fine and jail time and AR can be altered to go full auto. Probably easier than other rifles
It is difficult, but can been done. Full auto would be 6-700 rounds a minute. Semi rate would depend on the shooter and capacity of the magazine
I have an after market trigger on my AR. I don't want a pull when shooting a rockchuck at 300 yards
You can do relatively easy with a Ruger 10/22
The delivery system is, is it is gas operated. It's own exhaust powers the weapon
30 round magazines tend to jam. But knowledgeable gun owners know how to solve this.
Does this help

Ok I get what you're after.
If you want the risk of a huge fine and jail time and AR can be altered to go full auto. Probably easier than other rifles
It is difficult, but can been done.
You can do relatively easy with a Ruger 10/22
The delivery system is, is it is gas operated. It's own exhaust powers the weapon
30 round magazines tend to jam. But knowledgeable gun owners know how to solve this.
Does this help

Let's keep it legal.

Many people here think that somehow the AR 15 has different functional qualities that make it a more dangerous rifle than other commercially available semiautomatics of the same caliber.

I say there are no functional differences between the AR 15 and any other commercially available semiautomatics of the same caliber and I am asking people who think there are these fundamental differences to list them and provide the data that supports their claims

DI or piston?

There are AK platform rifles chambered in 5.56 NATO.

If it's the same, why should it be banned? The default should not be to allow a Constitutionally protected right to be limited because it can be exercised similarly elsewhere.

Perhaps people are upset because it is basically the same, and a ban on the AR-15 would set a precedent to ban all other similar weapons?
I've seen your arguments that the AR is no different. I wonder why, then, it is the gun of choice in MOST mass shootings. I don't believe it's coincidence.

I asked a question.

So please answer the question.

If the AR is different from any other similarly chambered semiauto rifle of the same caliber please post all the relevant data.
Sorry. Didn't notice it was a specs thread. I'll leave you to it.

Because people are stupid! There is no reason to shelve it.

DI or piston?

There are AK platform rifles chambered in 5.56 NATO.
Any data at all

I used the AR because it is the rifle of discussion in many threads

And As long as the AR and any other rifle used in comparison are chambered in the same caliber it matters not to me

I am looking for hard data that will prove the claims that an AR is functionally different from any other semiauto rifle

I've seen your arguments that the AR is no different. I wonder why, then, it is the gun of choice in MOST mass shootings. I don't believe it's coincidence.

If you can prove that the AR is functionally different from any other semiauto rifle of the same caliber please do so.

I already answered your question dumb ass. The effective firing rate for an AR15 is 45 pounds per minute. The mini14 is just 40. Both in .223 caliber. You don't trust manufacturers specs?

I already answered your question dumb ass. The effective firing rate for an AR15 is 45 pounds per minute. The mini14 is just 40. Both in .223 caliber. You don't trust manufacturers specs?

But you gave no PROOF

And I already disproved your stat on the Mini 14 by posting video of a person firing faster than 40 rounds per minute

If its all the same, why ban that one?
Because it is a scary looking black one.

But you gave no PROOF

And I already disproved your stat on the Mini 14 by posting video of a person firing faster than 40 rounds per minute

Sure. All guns can fire faster than their effective rate of fire, but it's not long before they melt down dumb ass.

Forum List

Back