Apt Pupil

Aquarian

Oct 16, 2003
the nazi thread reminded me of this one.

Way intense movie with the superb Ian McKellan. Youngster finds a nazi hiding out in his neighborhood and begins investigating him, they begin spending time together, hijinks ensue, scary scary hijinks. A well made film all the way around.

I read the short story Apt Pupil by Stephen King in his book Different Seasons...it had four great stories that became great films...I never did see Apt Pupil though, but from that collection came - Shawshank Redemption...Stand by me (The Body)...Apt Pupil and I forgot the final one.

ah, cool. I hadn't realized they were related, will have to go back and watch the other two to see how it fits together (if it does, I may be reading too much into your comments)

All the stories are called 'nevellas' because they are shorter than novels but longer than shorts.

I am sure the book 'different seasons' is still available...what is funny - is that in 'the body' which later became the movie stand by me - its very close. The movie follows the book very closely which is nice.

Originally posted by Aquarian
ah, cool. I hadn't realized they were related, will have to go back and watch the other two to see how it fits together (if it does, I may be reading too much into your comments)

They are completely unrelated stories.

ah, gotcha. not a big king reader so wasn't sure. still good movies all the way around for the 3 mentioned above at least :)

Forum List

Back