Apt Analogy?

Therefore, it is disingenuous to consider this situation as though there was a "Palestine" out of which was carved the nascent state of Israel (which is apparently your viewpoint).
That is because it is true.

Yet you fail to produce the evidence that shows you are right and the world is wrong
Pffffft. You are wacked. Where was Israel?

Thank you. But of course there was & is a Palestine. And the Jews were indigenous Palestinians.

The indigenous people of Palestine who practiced a variety of faiths under Roman rule (those that practiced Judaism included) converted to Christianity when Christianity became the state religion of the Roman Empire. The vast majority of the Christians then converted to Islam under Arab and Ottoman rule.

The people that call themselves Jews in Israel today came from Europe and other parts of the world. They are not indigenous to Palestine.

They originally came from Judea and Samaria and were taken as slaves by the Roman Catholics when they left the area. Now they are returning home

When I was a kid, many years ago, I was one of five children. My mother used to buy cases of Pepsi Cola to have around the house, and they generally lasted about a week.

One day, my brother and I were home and there was one bottle of Pepsi left in the Fridge, and of course we both wanted it. Not wanting to get involved, Mom told us to work out who gets the pop.

My brother - bigger and heavier than me - had the pop in his hands, and after Mom left the room, he said, 'Let's negotiate to see who gets the pop." Then he removed the top from the bottle and took a big swig.

I said, "You can't do that! The pop is for BOTH of us!"

But my brother said, "I'm still prepared to negotiate. Let's negotiate right now!" Then he took another swig.

I yelled out to my mother, "Danny's drinking all the pop!" And Dan yelled just as loud, "Dave refuses to negotiate!"

Then he took another swig.

By this time, of course, half of the bottle was consumed. When I pointed out that he had already consumed half of the pop that was supposed to be up for negotiation, he said that if the final negotiated deal called for me to get more than was left, he would "return" what was necessary to make the deal good - in pee.

Does this clarify why Barry and John refused to veto the UN Resolution about Israeli settlements?

What is wrong with the analogy?

Let's go on a better anology.

When I was a little kid I was one of 5 brothers. Since I was the older brother I had to share everything with my smaller siblings.

My mom used to buy, besides groceries, many candies as snacks for the family. Being the older, I had to make sure that I only at one snack or two a week, since the rest were kept for my little siblings.

Beside that, she used to buy a peck of Pepsi each weekend. She knew I liked pepsi, and my little brothers liked regular Coca Cola. But that didn't change the fact that for some reason, the Pepsi kept disappearing from the fridge each day.

When I told my mom about it, she shrugged it off, saying I shouldn't bother her with it, I'm the big brother and should learn to share. The fact that the closet was filled with snacks I could't touch and food boxes I wasn't allowed to open didn't matter much.

One day me and my brother Dave had a fight over the last remaining Pepsi. I offered a compromise. I knew my brother was tricky and could not be trusted, so when negotiating with him, I first took a big gulp. Just because he's smaller and mommy's pet doesn't mean he can run jerk me around. But then he began acting all crybaby and called mom. When hearing him cry, she ran over and scolded me like I was a three year old. She told me I should be ashamed because picking on my little brother and taking his things wasn't nice.

I was not allowed to tell my side or why I was pissed at my brothers, and her, ans this entire family. And if that was not enough, she told my three other brothers to not talk to me for the rest of the day, and locked me in my room to "think about what I did." only thing missing in this panorama was her giving me the "pointy hat of shame".

I wander what is wrong with my mama.

Therefore, it is disingenuous to consider this situation as though there was a "Palestine" out of which was carved the nascent state of Israel (which is apparently your viewpoint).
That is because it is true.

Yet you fail to produce the evidence that shows you are right and the world is wrong
Pffffft. You are wacked. Where was Israel?

Are those maps in English?

Forum List

Back