April Jobs Report, +300,000?

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
This is what I am hearing circulating in the market.

I have no idea if this is true or not, and I highly doubt it, but it is what I'm hearing.

There is often at least one unexpected blow-out number coming out of recessions.

It also would at least partly explain why the market goes up virtually every day.

I have no idea if this is true or not, and I highly doubt it, but it is what I'm hearing.

There is often at least one unexpected blow-out number coming out of recessions.

It also would at least partly explain why the market goes up virtually every day.

if it's true, that's bad news.

for obama.

don't ask me why, someone will explain.

You're hearing a specific number when we're not even half way through March?

As it is still March, an April Jobs Report sounds like they are preparing to cook the books ala the Jobs Save or Created nonsense.

that'd be great news if true.

edit: captain obvious rides again. :redface:

I've been spreading that rumor since I'm fully invested in the stock market. I'll be closing out my positions on March 31st.

I've been spreading that rumor since I'm fully invested in the stock market. I'll be closing out my positions on March 31st.

Good for you. That's the way to do it. I'll hire you.

I was referring to the report released in April, which is for March. Sorry for screwing up the nomenclature.

Considering that March still has more than half to go, that just sounds like some kind of wild guess to me. No one knows how many jobs will be added before they're even added.

Good for you. That's the way to do it. I'll hire you.

Thanks for the offer, but I like my job as a Wal-Mart greeter.

I was referring to the report released in April, which is for March. Sorry for screwing up the nomenclature.
Oh. Thanks for clearing that up.

Still, the game is not over and the score is in?

Good news, if the numbers aren't cooked.

Except for the fact that is is only March 12th and there are 19 more days in the month.

Investors should start readying themselves for some strong gains in the labor market.

Why?

It’s because both data and anecdotal evidence point in that direction, at least for a while.

“We are going to be hiring this year,” said Joe Brusuelas, of Stanford-based economic research firm Brusuelas Analytics. He pegs the likely gain in payrolls at around 225,000 for March, up from a loss of 36,000 in February.

Here’s the evidence:

In the first place, the government has started hiring large numbers of temporary workers for the census. That number should peak at around 635,000 in May, according to the Commerce Department. The jobs will be temporary, but they are still jobs and that will likely mean increased spending in the economy and hence likely more hiring.

Even without the census-related boost, Brusuelas said the private sector should add about 50,000 permanent jobs a month if the economy stays on its current trend. That trend-growth rate should edge higher towards the end of the year, with even more jobs being added each month, he said.

Add to that further evidence hidden deep with other data series. Even though the Institute for Supply Management’s Manufacturing Index, which tracks growth in the factory sector, slowed in February, the sub-index for employment was more bullish, showing three months of steady increases.

The employment sub-index within ISM’s Services Index, which tracks the non-manufacturing economy, also showed consistent gains over the same period. The two ISM data points augur improved hiring going forward. ...

Don’t Be Shocked by Jobs Boom Next Week - Real Time Economics - WSJ

17,000 IRS workers plus all the bureaucrats for the 159 ObamaCare agencies = A Whole Lotta Gubmint Workers

That's how they are going to inflate the jobs picture.

New Topics

Forum List

Back