April 19, 1775: The Shot Heard Around the World

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
They came for our guns.
So we shot them.
C6BC1DFF-4760-4E09-9B5E-90035C7CBFDC.jpeg

We need a liberty rally in Boston, 1 million strong gun owners celebrating free speech and guns just to remind liberals where we stand

Happy Revolution Day!!

We ought to actually have a federal holiday for this occasion to remind the world's bed wetters what happens when you try and subjugate men who left the rest of the world behind in pursuit of freedom.

They came for our guns.
So we shot them.
View attachment 256660
Well, we did sort of steal the guns....
Please explain.
This is what I either read or heard during a tour of Boston:
During the French and Indian War the British had taken a French fort out to the west'ard--out in the Ohio/Western New York area somewhere-- and it was pretty much just sitting there full of goodies, unused. The revolutionaries went out there and took all the weapons (including cannon) and ammunition and snuck it back to Boston in carts. That's what I remember of it. It was of course technically British armaments, therefore. Although I have no issue with us taking it. We had to get cannons somehow.

They came for our guns.
So we shot them.
View attachment 256660
Please explain.
During the French and Indian War the British had taken a French fort out to the west'ard--out in the Ohio/Western New York area somewhere-- and it was pretty much just sitting there full of goodies, unused. The revolutionaries went out there and took all the weapons (including cannon) and ammunition and snuck it back to Boston in carts. That's what I remember of it. It was of course technically British armaments, therefore. Although I have no issue with us taking it. We had to get cannons somehow.

Wrong battle.

Capture of Fort Ticonderoga - Wikipedia

The Capture of Fort Ticonderoga occurred during the American Revolutionary War on May 10, 1775, when a small force of Green Mountain Boys led by Ethan Allen and Colonel Benedict Arnold surprised and captured the fort's small British garrison. The cannons and other armaments were later transported to Boston by Colonel Henry Knox and used to fortify Dorchester Heights and break the standoff at the Siege of Boston.

They came for our guns.
So we shot them.
View attachment 256660
Please explain.
You are talking about Fort Ticonderoga. This had nothing to do with Lexington and Concord.

They came for our guns.
So we shot them.
View attachment 256660
Please explain.
You are talking about Fort Ticonderoga. This had nothing to do with Lexington and Concord.
It didn't come from there but it was stolen from the Redcoats just the same. Taking fort Ticonderoga came later after the war started. Remember, Lexington and Concord was the first armed conflict of the revolution.

Forum List

Back