Appropriate Memorial or not?

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Apr 30, 2014
The Olden Days
Tomorrow (Thursday) Marks the 18th anniversary of my father’s death and what would have been his 72nd birthday. Tomorrow also marks 40 months since my cousin John’s PTSD overwhelmed him and he took his own life.

John’s sister Lynsie and I have planned a private memorial event for the two of them tomorrow. When we offered attendance to several others in the family they were quite disturbed and declined. I want to see what you folks think...

Lynsie and I will meet up st the cemetery they’re both buried in around noontime to pay our respects. The graves are almost directly next to each other so that works out nicely.,we will then go to my dads favorite diner for lunch . After lunch it’s off to the shooting range (both the deceased were very involved in the military and civilian shooting events). Lynsie has printed up several dozen targets depicting God/Jesus and I’m bringing about 1500 rounds of ammo for us to use on those targets. After we are done we will have dinner at Johns favorite restaurant then go home.

A fitting memorial to them, wouldn’t you say?

Tomorrow (Thursday) Marks the 18th anniversary of my father’s death and what would have been his 72nd birthday. Tomorrow also marks 40 months since my cousin John’s PTSD overwhelmed him and he took his own life.

John’s sister Lynsie and I have planned a private memorial event for the two of them tomorrow. When we offered attendance to several others in the family they were quite disturbed and declined. I want to see what you folks think...

Lynsie and I will meet up st the cemetery they’re both buried in around noontime to pay our respects. The graves are almost directly next to each other so that works out nicely.,we will then go to my dads favorite diner for lunch . After lunch it’s off to the shooting range (both the deceased were very involved in the military and civilian shooting events). Lynsie has printed up several dozen targets depicting God/Jesus and I’m bringing about 1500 rounds of ammo for us to use on those targets. After we are done we will have dinner at Johns favorite restaurant then go home.

It is if you think it is.

Long guns?

Handguns?

Indoor/outdoor?

Distance?

When we offered attendance to several others in the family they were quite disturbed and declined.

Lynsie has printed up several dozen targets depicting God/Jesus and I’m bringing about 1500 rounds of ammo for us to use on those targets

are the two highlights related ... what's with the targets.

why would they be "disturbed" and decline - or at least meet you for lunch for the reason given.

John’s PTSD overwhelmed him

maybe not the guns.

Anathema, is this a joke.

Why do you think shooting Jesus is fun?

Are you Roman?

are the two highlights related ... what's with the targets.

why would they be "disturbed" and decline - or at least meet you for lunch for the reason given.

maybe not the guns.

Anathema, is this a joke.[/QUOTE]

Yes the highlighted sections are related. Lynsie and I are the two non-chrstians in the family. Both directly related to these losses. The family isn’t very fond of our choice of targets in the least.

I don’t have a sense of humor, and this definitely is not a joke.

For alcohol and guns, suggested viewing is Burt Lancaster, Elmer Gantry. We have not forgotten the USMB thread, Militarism is at the Heart of US Gun Violence. Christianity is famous above most religions for secreting atheism.

All but the part where you dishonor them.

Let’s be honestly. You are celebrating their life or memorializing what they stood for. You are satisfying yourself.

Forum List

Back