Apple’s Diversity Chief Is Leaving After Only 6 Months - For Thinking Different

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Remember Apples slogan? Her sin was being honest that there’s more to diversity than skin color or sexual orientation.
1024px-Apple_logo_Think_Different_vectorized.svg.png

"She had irked some critics in May when she commented during a conference, “There can be 12 white, blue-eyed, blonde men in a room and they’re going to be diverse too because they’re going to bring a different life experience and life perspective to the conversation.” Her comments were seen by some as insensitive to people of color, women, and members of the LGBT community, who have long faced an uphill battle in the workplace.

Denise Young Smith later apologized for her comments, saying that they “were not representative of how I think about diversity or how Apple sees it.”

“For that, I’m sorry,” she said in a staff email. “More importantly, I want to assure you Apple’s view and our dedication to diversity has not changed.”

Apple's Diversity Chief Is Leaving After Only 6 Months

Remember Apples slogan? Her sin was being honest that there’s more to diversity than skin color or sexual orientation.

"She had irked some critics in May when she commented during a conference, “There can be 12 white, blue-eyed, blonde men in a room and they’re going to be diverse too because they’re going to bring a different life experience and life perspective to the conversation.” Her comments were seen by some as insensitive to people of color, women, and members of the LGBT community, who have long faced an uphill battle in the workplace.

Denise Young Smith later apologized for her comments, saying that they “were not representative of how I think about diversity or how Apple sees it.”

“For that, I’m sorry,” she said in a staff email. “More importantly, I want to assure you Apple’s view and our dedication to diversity has not changed.”

Why does any workplace need diversity?

Why does any workplace need diversity?
Exactly. Fulfill your job description and if you do a good job you can come back to work tomorrow.

"She had irked some critics in May when she commented during a conference, “There can be 12 white, blue-eyed, blonde men in a room and they’re going to be diverse too because they’re going to bring a different life experience and life perspective to the conversation.”

I've said that same thing for years. Diversity is more than skin color and gender and as usual, it's the very people always accusing others of being bigots and racists who are obsessed with race. In any case, no company or organization should be wasting their money on a "Diversity Director." Let her go get a real job.

"She had irked some critics in May when she commented during a conference, “There can be 12 white, blue-eyed, blonde men in a room and they’re going to be diverse too because they’re going to bring a different life experience and life perspective to the conversation.”

I've said that same thing for years. Diversity is more than skin color and gender and as usual, it's the very people always accusing others of being bigots and racists who are obsessed with race. In any case, no company or organization should be wasting their money on a "Diversity Director." Let her go get a real job.
Upon further research she is actually a VP. VP of Diversity and Inclusion.

Makes you want pay $$$ for that new iPhone 10, doesn't it?

Forum List

Back