Apple CEO Tim Cook: I don't want my nephew on a social network

Windparadox

Gold Member
May 3, 2017
Northern WI.
`
  • "Apple CEO Tim Cook on Friday spoke about technology overuse, saying he wouldn't allow his nephew to use social networks."
  • "Cook is the latest in a long line of executives and others in the tech industry who have raised concerns about the downsides of technology products and services."
  • "A former Facebook executive recently said social media was "destroying how society works," and an inventor of the iPhone said Apple and other tech firms needed to do more to address the concerns". - Source
`
I agree. For starters, you can't trust anyone, leastways at face value. The hive minded or group thinkers have taken over the net with their zealots, shills, sock-puppets, trolls and astro-turfers. Too many people also have ulterior motives with absolutely no intention of maintaining civil or intellectual discourse. Then, there are societies malcontents and mentally unbalanced. Lastly, you have hackers, bots and advertising apps/cookies that can rob you of your privacy, among other things. Bring them altogether on a social platform and you have a recipe ripe for disaster.

For starters, you can't trust anyone, leastways at face value. The hive minded or group thinkers have taken over the net with their zealots, shills, sock-puppets, trolls and astro-turfers. Too many people also have ulterior motives with absolutely no intention of maintaining civil or intellectual discourse. Then, there are societies malcontents and mentally unbalanced. Lastly, you have hackers, bots and advertising apps/cookies that can rob you of your privacy,

He says that like it's a bad thing.

Forum List

Back