Apple boss: Next generation of children 'will not know what money is'

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I agree that with the advance of technology this is probably the natural course of money and one that I can't say I am particularly fond of. For one, if all transactions are electronic then it becomes incredibly easy for anyone's movements to be tracked. Second, if it's out there in the Cloud, it can be hacked. Who wants to wake up one morning and find the $3,000 in their checking account suddenly gone? I always keep physical cash on hand in various spots in case of an emergency.

Underlying all this is a plan to enhance government and big banks revenue.

When cash exists people can save it at home at no cost. They can buy goods without leaving a footprint.

One plan out there involves "negative interest rates" - wherein money deposited with a bank does not gain any interest, rather a monthly fee or per-transation fee or tax is extracted without needing your permission. Actual cash in circulation thwarts that.

One possible outcome will be a partial return to a barter economy. You fix my car and I'll pay you in produce from my garden....

Think I'm kidding?

http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2015/02/economist-explains-15

That's just one article from a respected publication on the subject. At your leisure you non-liberals who know how to do a web search are invited to try with key words "negative interest rates". The idea itself is not new; it's just gaining in popularity with "our masters".

Just found out how true this is by making an eBay transaction with an unscrupulous seller who took my money and never shipped the product. Because it was an Internet transaction, the local police and county sheriff were of no assistance. I was referred instead to the FBI to file a claim which unfortunately is so deluged with these kinds of things they're likely to never get to my file nor resolve it. The Apple dude was actually prophetic in his thinking on this subject. Watch your bank account like a hawk.

They want a one world currency........and it will be electronic only..............Globalization......................

I think it's BS.

I agree that with the advance of technology this is probably the natural course of money and one that I can't say I am particularly fond of. For one, if all transactions are electronic then it becomes incredibly easy for anyone's movements to be tracked. Second, if it's out there in the Cloud, it can be hacked. Who wants to wake up one morning and find the $3,000 in their checking account suddenly gone? I always keep physical cash on hand in various spots in case of an emergency.

the cashless society has been predicted forever!

Forum List

Back