Appeasing the Terrorists

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Appeasing Terrorists
By Felicia Benamon, The Conservative Monitor
07 October, 2005

I think Americans need to be reminded of who their enemy is. Why do we placate terrorists? Or terror suspects? We seem to want to be so accommodating when all they want is to annihilate us, enslave us, and force hardcore Islamic beliefs on us. Remember 911 hero Todd Beamer and crew (The Heroes of Flight 93 )? They did not try to "negotiate" or sweet-talk the 911 hijackers. Todd Beamer's words were "Let's Roll", in other words, let's kick some butt!!

The 911 Memorial design in NY was slated to lean political correct, all designed to bring "understanding" or "healing" to the 911 tragedy. Thank goodness there were some outraged Americans who saw it offensive to water down the memorial, not giving the 911 victims the fitting tribute they deserve ( N.Y. Gov. George Pataki Drops Museum From WTC Memorial Site ) , ( Take Back the Memorial Petition & Tribute ). The story of that fateful day should be told as it was...America was attacked by vicious, evil people who hated everything this country stands for. A syrupy 911 Memorial?! What would Todd Beamer think of that?! It's atrocious considering what many Americans have suffered through during the war on terror.

Recently, CBS's 60 Minutes ran a story of an ex-hostage Roy Hallums who was rescued by American forces in Iraq from terrorists ( CBS News | The Hostage | September 26, 2005 09:00:04 ). They treated Mr. Hallums horribly. He was beaten and made to sit in a cage for so long... he was in captivity for 10 months! The terror suspects at Guantanamo Bay Cuba received better treatment! High quality meals, prayer mats, etc. Do you think Roy was given the option of having reading material, perhaps the Bible, in captivity?? No way! I am surprised he made it ...it's a miracle he's alive!

for full article:
http://www.conservativemonitor.com/plog/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=11&blogID=1

Adam's Apple said:
Appeasing Terrorists
07 October, 2005

I think Americans need to be reminded of who their enemy is. Why do we placate terrorists? Or terror suspects? We seem to want to be so accommodating when all they want is to annihilate us, enslave us, and force hardcore Islamic beliefs on us. Remember 911 hero Todd Beamer and crew (The Heroes of Flight 93 )? They did not try to "negotiate" or sweet-talk the 911 hijackers. Todd Beamer's words were "Let's Roll", in other words, let's kick some butt!!

The 911 Memorial design in NY was slated to lean political correct, all designed to bring "understanding" or "healing" to the 911 tragedy. Thank goodness there were some outraged Americans who saw it offensive to water down the memorial, not giving the 911 victims the fitting tribute they deserve ( N.Y. Gov. George Pataki Drops Museum From WTC Memorial Site ) , ( Take Back the Memorial Petition & Tribute ). The story of that fateful day should be told as it was...America was attacked by vicious, evil people who hated everything this country stands for. A syrupy 911 Memorial?! What would Todd Beamer think of that?! It's atrocious considering what many Americans have suffered through during the war on terror.

Recently, CBS's 60 Minutes ran a story of an ex-hostage Roy Hallums who was rescued by American forces in Iraq from terrorists ( CBS News | The Hostage | September 26, 2005 09:00:04 ). They treated Mr. Hallums horribly. He was beaten and made to sit in a cage for so long... he was in captivity for 10 months! The terror suspects at Guantanamo Bay Cuba received better treatment! High quality meals, prayer mats, etc. Do you think Roy was given the option of having reading material, perhaps the Bible, in captivity?? No way! I am surprised he made it ...it's a miracle he's alive!

for full article:
http://www.conservativemonitor.com/plog/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=11&blogID=1

We gotta work on our sensitivity here. Killing, starving, torture and terror are a integral part of their culture. We need to embrace that and accept it as a part of "who they are". :rolleyes:

dilloduck said:
We gotta work on our sensitivity here. Killing, starving, torture and terror are a integral part of their culture. We need to embrace that and accept it as a part of "who they are". :rolleyes:

Obviously, some of us have accepted the fact that it (terrorist acts) is part of who they are...that is why we want to kill them.

Only reason we don't do that is because Liberals and Democrats believe in equal human rights. Last I saw, Gitmo was in Cuba, not America sooo I would say they could do whatever the hell they wanted to the prisoners.

I agree with the article, even though, if we did the same that they did it might cause more hostility and more resistance in Iraq. Either way though, a few unknown deaths in our "Terrorist Prisons" wouldn't hurt, they deserve it.

Adam's Apple said:
Appeasing Terrorists
07 October, 2005

Having the attitude of a boy in puberty - yeah, that will solve everything.

"Let's Roll" never happened. Flight 93 was shot out of the air - as well it should have been - to keep it from hitting its target in Washington, DC. The feds constructed an elaborate coverup story because they knew Americans needed something to feel good about at our worst moment - as well perhaps they should have. But the truth needs to come out now.

SpidermanTuba said:

"Let's Roll" never happened. Flight 93 was shot out of the air - as well it should have been - to keep it from hitting its target in Washington, DC. The feds constructed an elaborate coverup story because they knew Americans needed something to feel good about at our worst moment - as well perhaps they should have. But the truth needs to come out now.

Ok, we are to ignore the tapes, which have been documented. But never mind, give us links to your bonafide sites. (expatica and such are NOT bonafide.)

Kathianne said:
Ok, we are to ignore the tapes, which have been documented. But never mind, give us links to your bonafide sites. (expatica and such are NOT bonafide.)

As if the federal government would fabricate a story without fabricating tapes to go with them.

As if you would consider any evidence to the contrary of the official Hollywood story to be "bona fide"! Please, give me a break.

SpidermanTuba said:

Oh goody .... another conspiracy nut. :clap:

:smoke:

SpidermanTuba said:
As if the federal government would fabricate a story without fabricating tapes to go with them.

As if you would consider any evidence to the contrary of the official Hollywood story to be "bona fide"! Please, give me a break.

Please, do tell us what evidence the govt couldnt fabricate?

Still waiting for a credible link, no mother jones Pleeeeeeeeeeeease !

Forum List

Back