Appeal to waive min. 15 post for permission to post URLs rule.

bic_cherry

Rookie
Sep 9, 2011
SE Asia
Appeal to waive min. 15 post for permission to post URLs rule:
"You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more."

As experienced, I'm unable to conduct any logical discussion about a topic I wish to post due to the a/m problem (no picts/ URLs allowed). I however do know of another local (Singapore) forum that seems to have better rules that prevent newbies from posting spam etc by restricting the initial rate of posts to </= 5 posts/hr.

Perhaps this forum's mods could consider (/ discuss this issue here so that perhaps I might achieve my 15 posts threshold- to post my message which includes URLs?)

(PS: U can find the relevant forum message at XXXXXby searching google for the words below in bold)

-Restriction on posting by Newbies - XXXXX
"With the growing number of members in MCF, we have seen an increased number of newbies who come in to spam the forum.
Therefore, we have imposed a maximum post number for newbies. All members with less than 10 posts will be allowed to post only a maximum of 5 posts per hour.
Any feedback is appreciated. "

Last edited:
Every member here has respected the rule. What makes you so different? Get posting or alternatively, go forth and multiply.

• Banned
Every member here has respected the rule. What makes you so different? Get posting or alternatively, go forth and multiply.
Is this really allowed, looks like a rather disreputable way to introduce oneself in the forum... Thus the suggestion that 'newbies' should be allowed to post URLs but not >/= 5 posts per hr.

Not A Good Idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
"You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more."

As experienced, I'm unable to conduct any logical discussion about a topic I wish to post due to the a/m problem (no picts/ URLs allowed). I however do know of another local (Singapore) forum that seems to have better rules that prevent newbies from posting spam etc by restricting the initial rate of posts to </= 5 posts/hr.

Perhaps this forum's mods could consider (/ discuss this issue here so that perhaps I might achieve my 15 posts threshold- to post my message which includes URLs?)

(PS: U can find the relevant forum message at 'MyCarForum' by searching google for the words below in bold)

-Restriction on posting by Newbies - MyCarForum
"With the growing number of members in MCF, we have seen an increased number of newbies who come in to spam the forum.
Therefore, we have imposed a maximum post number for newbies. All members with less than 10 posts will be allowed to post only a maximum of 5 posts per hour.
Any feedback is appreciated. "

I think they should increase it to 1000 posts, it will keep the nuts out.

• Banned

Sorry, been following US elections and they all say change, change, change, change....
thus my suggestion hoping to receive a helpful response...
(like U could share your post count rather than advise to spam/ comment without sufficient discretion)

Sorry, been following US elections and they all say change, change, change, change....
(like U could share your post count rather than advise to spam/ comment without sufficient discretion)

oh stop whining.... go say hello 15 times to 1 different people in the intro section...... or aren't you that smart?

...[/I]
I think they should increase it to 1000 posts, it will keep the nuts out.
The nuts would then create sock accounts, communicate w themselves 1000 times and then start spamming their sales messages... 1000 posts just to discuss in some detail an article (picts + URL)!!!... I am not a windbag, sorry, I cannot achieve that...

Socks Have Very Short Life Spans Here. - Intense

oh stop whining.... go say hello 15 times to 1 different people in the into section...... or aren't you that smart?
U are funny too, thanks for the suggestion though I don't see the point of newbies saying hello to newbies/ gossiping.

Still waiting for white-knight with a' moderator' title to respond to my suggestion (or i achieve 15 posts, whichever soonest I guess).

Happy not to have fallen for the suggestion of Skull Pilot:
This wouldn't have been tolerated at the other forum sites I frequent.

Just cry about it for 10 more posts and you'll be there.
No more crocodile tears to shed, wonder what the mods will think when they see all this nonsense... one demerit point each?
Demerits? Where do you think we are, back in fucking grade school?

Last forum I used they gave out yellow cards, dunno about this one though...
I suppose you ppl are also assisting in responding with supportive feedback that the mods wouldn't mind I guess...

Just cry about it for 10 more posts and you'll be there.
No more crocodile tears to shed, wonder what the mods will think when they see all this nonsense... one demerit point each?
Demerits? Where do you think we are, back in fucking grade school?

Yeah, 1 more chance to post, according to 'Scooter': "USMB Rules & Regulations"
http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/47455-usmb-rules-and-regulations.html
Disciplinary Action:
If any of the above is violated a warning or infraction will be issued to the offending member. If enough infraction points add up the offending member will be banned for 10 days. If the behavior continues after the 10 day ban the user will be permanently removed from USmessageboard.com. Circumstances such as spammers will skip the infraction system and be banned immediately. Multiple accounts are not permitted so do not reregister.
Sorry, still cannot post links/ picts

Last edited:

Forum List

Back