Apparently

I have once again been a bad boy.

I was notified that a post of mine was determined to be a flame, and removed from the thread.

I have no problem with this.

If I crossed the line, I accept the punishment.

But, and I've seen this requested by other 'bad boys and girls'...

If the post is determined to be inappropriate, would it be possible for the Mod making the determination to cut and pasted it into a private message, so the offender at least knows what he, or she, posted?

I, and others, would certainly appreciate it.

Danke

Great idea!!

It is kinda frustrating not knowing what was deemed inappropriate.
You get used to it.

:D

I think, Aye - if I understand the problem he doesn't know? I think the message they get when we fill in the "notify author of this action" part doesn't provide a thread or message link, so they don't know what was deleted (I think?)
In my experience the warning messages are fairly vague and the punishment is summarily applied.

Oh well.

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

Does it show who it comes from? For example, can you pm the mod and ask for further clarification, or is it anonymous?

I think, Aye - if I understand the problem he doesn't know? I think the message they get when we fill in the "notify author of this action" part doesn't provide a thread or message link, so they don't know what was deleted (I think?)
In my experience the warning messages are fairly vague and the punishment is summarily applied.

Oh well.

Does it show who it comes from? For example, can you pm the mod and ask for further clarification, or is it anonymous?
Yes.

For me it usually comes from AyeCantSeeYou .

That's why we obviously have a love-hate relationship.

I love her and she hates me.

I was notified that a post of mine was determined to be a flame, and removed from the thread.

If the post is determined to be inappropriate, would it be possible for the Mod making the determination to cut and pasted it into a private message, so the offender at least knows what he, or she, posted?

Danke

Which thread? That would help figure this out.

can't remember

Oh well.

Yes.

:lol:

Give her some chocolate ;)

Danke

can't remember

Check your messages/conversations to see if it's still there. Unless you remove it, it should be. Let us know what thread it was in so we can check for you.

Oh well.

Yes.

Just admit you like the attention already!

Oh well.

Yes.

:lol:

Give her some chocolate ;)

Chocolate? She needs to up the stakes and demand at least a yacht :smoke:

Danke

can't remember

Check your messages/conversations to see if it's still there. Unless you remove it, it should be. Let us know what thread it was in so we can check for you.
Your post in the thread Dems. lost this Nov....BUT.... R-W'ers lost even more.... was moved to Dems. lost this Nov....BUT.... R-W'ers lost even more..... Reason: Off topic flaming, trolling, derailing
More information than I remember, but I still don't know what the post said.

Danke

can't remember

Your post in the thread Dems. lost this Nov....BUT.... R-W'ers lost even more.... was moved to Dems. lost this Nov....BUT.... R-W'ers lost even more..... Reason: Off topic flaming, trolling, derailing
More information than I remember, but I still don't know what the post said.

Ok, I looked it up and found it with what you gave me. Your post wasn't the only one removed, just so you know. Several in that thread were removed for flaming and NOT having any content relating to the subject. I'll PM the mod that removed it, along with you, so you know what it was that was said.

That's correct. It specifies the thread title only. They will get an alert for EACH deleted message if you check that box with whatever explanation you provide. But like Coyote said, if you're cleaning 30 posts you can't INDIVIDUALIZE the message for all 30 of them. So it's always "off-topic, personal only, or response to illegal post" -- or something general like that. If it's isolated -- you'll get a more specific description of your "sin".. :badgrin:

If members KNOW who deleted it -- because the "alert on deletion" was used, and they wanted to SEE a deletion or two, I would generally "undelete" a couple for them to go see for themselves. Or just copy them into the PM.

If it includes a warning, ONE post is selected for inclusion into the warning, but in general -- there's many more deleted.

That's correct. It specifies the thread title only. They will get an alert for EACH deleted message if you check that box with whatever explanation you provide. But like Coyote said, if you're cleaning 30 posts you can't INDIVIDUALIZE the message for all 30 of them. So it's always "off-topic, personal only, or response to illegal post" -- or something general like that. If it's isolated -- you'll get a more specific description of your "sin".. :badgrin:

If members KNOW who deleted it -- because the "alert on deletion" was used, and they wanted to SEE a deletion or two, I would generally "undelete" a couple for them to go see for themselves. Or just copy them into the PM.

If it includes a warning, ONE post is selected for inclusion into the warning, but in general -- there's many more deleted.
You escaped!! Good for you, it's nice to get an airing once in a while, I'm happy for.you.

Forum List

Back