Apparently

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
I have once again been a bad boy.

I was notified that a post of mine was determined to be a flame, and removed from the thread.

I have no problem with this.

If I crossed the line, I accept the punishment.

But, and I've seen this requested by other 'bad boys and girls'...

If the post is determined to be inappropriate, would it be possible for the Mod making the determination to cut and pasted it into a private message, so the offender at least knows what he, or she, posted?

I, and others, would certainly appreciate it.

Danke

Sometimes my sarcasm is misunderstood.

Sometimes it doesn't even exist.

I was notified that a post of mine was determined to be a flame, and removed from the thread.

If the post is determined to be inappropriate, would it be possible for the Mod making the determination to cut and pasted it into a private message, so the offender at least knows what he, or she, posted?

Danke
I've asked before when I didn't understand the "explanation" for why a post was taken down. It seems they're way too busy for that, although when I sent a general PM to a mod or two (not knowing who did it) they've always been good enough to reply.

I think that request is a fair request, and shows that you care enough, to not want to repeat your mistake, and the only way to be certain NOT to repeat it, is to know what the mistake was that got removed.....

This could be a minor tweak to the system perhaps, like when the mod is performing the delete function for an inappropriate post and it sends the automated message to you that your post was deleted....maybe it could be programmed to send the message along with it???

I can try to do that.

I'll explain how it looks from our side - we have the option of deleting a post - in it we can select a note to show the poster, I''ll usually put a short note if I'm going to give a reason. I don't know what it looks like from your side, but I'm guessing you don't see the content that was deleted? If I don't put in a note, I'll delete posts and leave a mod message thread - this is usually the case when a lot of posts end up cleaned from the thread. I'll try to let you posters know more specifically why and what post was deleted, but I can't promise it if I'm looking at a 20 or 30 post pile up on the threaderstate.

I think that request is a fair request, and shows that you care enough, to not want to repeat your mistake, and the only way to be certain NOT to repeat it, is to know what the mistake was that got removed.....

This could be a minor tweak to the system perhaps, like when the mod is performing the delete function for an inappropriate post and it sends the automated message to you that your post was deleted....maybe it could be programmed to send the message along with it???

I don't know what the software can do, but I can ask.

Danke

Great idea!!

It is kinda frustrating not knowing what was deemed inappropriate.

Danke

Which thread? That would help figure this out.

I think, Aye - if I understand the problem he doesn't know? I think the message they get when we fill in the "notify author of this action" part doesn't provide a thread or message link, so they don't know what was deleted (I think?)

I think, Aye - if I understand the problem he doesn't know? I think the message they get when we fill in the "notify author of this action" part doesn't provide a thread or message link, so they don't know what was deleted (I think?)
\
I was informed of which thread in the message, but no further information on why it was deemed inappropriate.

Kinda like setting a child in a corner and telling him he was bad, without telling him what he did.

Danke
Don't feel pregnant.

I get thread banned all the time.

Thread banned is better than fully banned.

\
I was informed of which thread in the message, but no further information on why it was deemed inappropriate.

Kinda like setting a child in a corner and telling him he was bad, without telling him what he did.
Last time I had to sit in the corner I was 4 years old and it was in preschool.

I thought I was innocent but I had forgotten that before lunchtime I had actually spit on the girl's art paper.

Mea culpa.

In my experience the warning messages are fairly vague and the punishment is summarily applied.

Oh well.

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

Danke

Which thread? That would help figure this out.
AyeCantSeeYou thread-bans me more than anyone else but I still love her dearly.

:D

\

Ok - I understand then. We have the option of filling in the reason, and it might be we are inconsistent in that - that's something we can do.

Forum List

Back