Apparently the norwegian light spiral WAS about obama

how do you fuck up accepting the Nobel Peace prize? :lol:

"Barack Obama's trip to Oslo to pick up his Nobel peace award is in danger of being overshadowed by a row over the cancellation of a series of events normally attended by the prizewinner.

Norwegians are incensed over what they view as his shabby response to the prize by cutting short his visit.

A little perspective here, darlin'... he's the third sitting president to get the award...

AND THE ONLY ONE TO SHOW UP TO GET IT

Carry on. ;)

Well naturally. He'd never miss an opportunity to hear himself speak and to receive applause.

damned if he does, damned if he doesn't....

that's why most of us don't take the whining seriously.

I will say, though, that having a president with the ability to speak without mortifying us is pretty nice.

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;1795027 said:
Is there anything this guy can't fuck up?

No, no he can mess up everything. Pretty gifted politican in that regard. The up side to missing lunch with the King is, no akward bowing moments. A new strategy in that department would be walking up to the king and shaking his hand while saying checkmate.

A little perspective here, darlin'... he's the third sitting president to get the award...

Carry on. ;)

Well naturally. He'd never miss an opportunity to hear himself speak and to receive applause.

I will say, though, that having a president with the ability to speak without mortifying us is pretty nice.

:lol:

No argument here but . . . . he is long winded, imo. I zoned out after the first hour and a half. Um I mean ten minutes (just seemed longer to me). :D

:lol:

No argument here but . . . . he is long winded, imo. I zoned out after the first hour and a half. Um I mean ten minutes (just seemed longer to me). :D

lol... cute. ;)

i felt that when reagan spoke. it has to do with them saying what you want to hear.... or being at least on the same page.

me? i'm just fine now... and very grateful after cringing for the prior eight. so when you get bored, turn off the sound, enjoy a glass of wine and be grateful that no one is misunderestimating him heh...

:beer:

how do you fuck up accepting the Nobel Peace prize? :lol:

"Barack Obama's trip to Oslo to pick up his Nobel peace award is in danger of being overshadowed by a row over the cancellation of a series of events normally attended by the prizewinner.

Norwegians are incensed over what they view as his shabby response to the prize by cutting short his visit.

The White House has cancelled many of the events peace prize laureates traditionally submit to, including a dinner with the Norwegian Nobel committee, a press conference, a television interview, appearances at a children's event promoting peace and a music concert, as well as a visit to an exhibition in his honour at the Nobel peace centre.

He has also turned down a lunch invitation from the King of Norway.

According to a poll published by the daily tabloid VG, 44% of Norwegians believe it was rude of Obama to cancel his scheduled lunch with King Harald, with only 34% saying they believe it was acceptable."

nicely done, mr. president, it's damned hard to piss off the norwegians, but you managed it handsomely.

"Of all the things he is cancelling, I think the worst is cancelling the lunch with the king," said Siv Jensen, the leader of the largest party in opposition, the populist Progress party. "This is a central part of our government system. He should respect the monarchy,"

:thup:

Nobel peace prize: Norwegians incensed over Barack Obama's snubs | World news | guardian.co.uk

I smell "APPEASEMENT/APOLOGY Tour 2" is in the works.

The first Nobel Peace Prize awarded for campaign promises...

How unimpressive...

Meanwhile, Barry sends more troops to Afghanistan... Is he calling them the "Peace Force"?

Carry on. ;)

Having a President who can speak is a good thing...having a President who only speaks to the whims of 22% of the population is NOT a good thing.

President Obama HAD to go there in the first place. The award was all about HIM!

All those cancelled "events?" NOT actually ABOUT President Obama. Thus, no compelling reason to stick around for them.

The man has work to do. Granted, Congress is the one vested with all legislative power, but Congress will not be legislating about CO2. No No. THAT work is getting done by the EPA! And President Obama might want to give them some direction, after due consultation with algore and ACORN, of course.

Besides, have you ever seen what Norwegians EAT?

CG is such a gasbag, she is one big walking, talking point.
When all else fails upstairs, just insult. :thup:

I would take it as an insult if it was from anyone with a brain. However, as it's not, I attribute it to having over indulged in koolaid.

Sippy cups for Christmas for the lefties.

posters that criticize you are discarded as stupid, and if asked to back up your bullshit, you flat out refuse to with the excuse that the poster who wants to see your back up (clarification: back up does not mean the interference-running of one of your fabulous e-friends) is, yeah; stupid.

you are a genius!:clap2:

When all else fails upstairs, just insult. :thup:

I would take it as an insult if it was from anyone with a brain. However, as it's not, I attribute it to having over indulged in koolaid.

Sippy cups for Christmas for the lefties.

posters that criticize you are discarded as stupid, and if asked to back up your bullshit, you flat out refuse to with the excuse that the poster who wants to see your back up (clarification: back up does not mean the interference-running of one of your fabulous e-friends) is, yeah; stupid.

you are a genius!:clap2:
If it allows her to keep her illusion that she is intelligent then it is all good. :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back