Apparently the norwegian light spiral WAS about obama

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
how do you fuck up accepting the Nobel Peace prize? :lol:

"Barack Obama's trip to Oslo to pick up his Nobel peace award is in danger of being overshadowed by a row over the cancellation of a series of events normally attended by the prizewinner.

Norwegians are incensed over what they view as his shabby response to the prize by cutting short his visit.

The White House has cancelled many of the events peace prize laureates traditionally submit to, including a dinner with the Norwegian Nobel committee, a press conference, a television interview, appearances at a children's event promoting peace and a music concert, as well as a visit to an exhibition in his honour at the Nobel peace centre.

He has also turned down a lunch invitation from the King of Norway.

According to a poll published by the daily tabloid VG, 44% of Norwegians believe it was rude of Obama to cancel his scheduled lunch with King Harald, with only 34% saying they believe it was acceptable."

nicely done, mr. president, it's damned hard to piss off the norwegians, but you managed it handsomely.

"Of all the things he is cancelling, I think the worst is cancelling the lunch with the king," said Siv Jensen, the leader of the largest party in opposition, the populist Progress party. "This is a central part of our government system. He should respect the monarchy,"

:thup:

Nobel peace prize: Norwegians incensed over Barack Obama's snubs | World news | guardian.co.uk

IMO, BHO is right for doing this. The prize for peace is a joke and he has more important things to do than this window dressing.

I was watching the news this AM and from what the reporter was saying, he's the first President to ever actually go to collect the thing. There have been two other American Presidents that received it. I still can't figure out what the hell he did TO receive it??? Walk, talk, breath??? Mystery to me.

It's Norway.... who the hell cares what they think!

However, it does beg the question "does anyone in this administration actually have any idea what they are doing?" It appears that surrounding yourself with felons and 'community organizers' is not such a good idea as surrounding yourself with people who actually know how to run a fucking country. What a bunch of idiots.

"Barack Obama's trip to Oslo to pick up his Nobel peace award is in danger of being overshadowed by a row over the cancellation of a series of events normally attended by the prizewinner.

Norwegians are incensed over what they view as his shabby response to the prize by cutting short his visit.

The White House has cancelled many of the events peace prize laureates traditionally submit to, including a dinner with the Norwegian Nobel committee, a press conference, a television interview, appearances at a children's event promoting peace and a music concert, as well as a visit to an exhibition in his honour at the Nobel peace centre.

According to a poll published by the daily tabloid VG, 44% of Norwegians believe it was rude of Obama to cancel his scheduled lunch with King Harald, with only 34% saying they believe it was acceptable."

nicely done, mr. president, it's damned hard to piss off the norwegians, but you managed it handsomely.

"Of all the things he is cancelling, I think the worst is cancelling the lunch with the king," said Siv Jensen, the leader of the largest party in opposition, the populist Progress party. "This is a central part of our government system. He should respect the monarchy,"

Nobel peace prize: Norwegians incensed over Barack Obama's snubs | World news | guardian.co.uk

Everyone here and all over the net as well as the news has said the prize isn't worth a shit, that he has done nothing to deserve it, that it means nothing, and so on so why is everyone bitching about his taking very casually something that is a useless empty piece of shit doorprize likely bestowed by the Norwegians to memorialize what, that the majority of the US finally flipped the KKK a bird?

If the prize is give-a-shit, then why the big deal over it?

Maybe he REALLY went to Norway to get one of their politicians to arrange a secret meeting to tell a Swedish secret agent to tell Elin's mother not to have a heart attack over tabloid bullshit.

In other words, who even cares.

This is just another oh yawn moment.

Last edited:

A no win situation for the POTUS.

So now the right is going to have the vapors because President Obama isn't bowing down (figuratively or literally) to a foreign monarch.

I wish they'd make up their minds...

Everyone here and all over the net as well as the news has said the prize isn't woth a shit, that he has done nothing to deserve it, that it means nothing, and so on so why is everyone bitching about his taking very casually something that is a useless empty piece of shit doorprize likely bestowed by the Norwegians to memorialize what, that the majority of the US finally flipped the KKK a bird?

If the prize is give-a-shit, then why the big deal over it?

Maybe he REALLY went to Norway to get one of their politicians to arrange a secret meeting to tell a Swedish secret agent to tell Elin's mother not to have a heart attack over tabloid bullshit.

In other words, who even cares.

This is just another oh yawn moment.
Everyone's bitching? :lol: Don't let facts get in the way of your emotional hyperbole. I mean, it's all about feelings, not facts, right?

It's really not very nice to accept a luncheon with the King of Norway and then cancel it. I bet those people at the castle had knocked themselves out preparing for the visit.. Oh well, barry,,

I was watching the news this AM and from what the reporter was saying, he's the first President to ever actually go to collect the thing. There have been two other American Presidents that received it. I still can't figure out what the hell he did TO receive it??? Walk, talk, breath??? Mystery to me.

I believe he won it for holding in his farts in order to do his part for the planet.

Hard to imagine that Obama passed up a chance to bow before another foreign head of state.

A little perspective here, darlin'... he's the third sitting president to get the award...

AND THE ONLY ONE TO SHOW UP TO GET IT

Carry on. ;)

A little perspective here, darlin'... he's the third sitting president to get the award...

AND THE ONLY ONE TO SHOW UP TO GET IT

Carry on. ;)

Well naturally. He'd never miss an opportunity to hear himself speak and to receive applause.

Forum List

Back