Apparently Miracles Still Happen!

LittleNipper

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2013
The fact that the only one killed by a bomb taken onboard a passenger jet was the would be assassin of all the passengers on board, is no less that a present day miracle. Abdulahi Abdisalam himself was the only one who suffered the full impact of his own actions. NOTHING happens as the result of chance.

You can't prove that, of course.

In all probability the bomber made a miscalculation.

Fortunate yes, miraculous no.

You can't prove that, of course.

In all probability the bomber made a miscalculation.

Fortunate yes, miraculous no.

One might call it "a miracle of circumstances". Then again, one may not.

Greg

The fact that the only one killed by a bomb taken onboard a passenger jet was the would be assassin of all the passengers on board, is no less that a present day miracle. Abdulahi Abdisalam himself was the only one who suffered the full impact of his own actions. NOTHING happens as the result of chance.
That would be great if from now on suicide bombers imploded instead of exploded?

Too many suicide bombers are successful vs this one time where only he got sucked out a hole he made. He didn't have a seatbelt on everyone else did. All can be explained scientifically.

To me a miracle is scalia dying in Obama's last year. And proves the stakes are high

What if the best way to tell those favored by God from the heathens is by how lucky they are?

Do you feeeeel lucky? :dunno:

`

If an atheist jumps into a foxhole then there's an atheist in a foxhole. Pretty simple really.

So... if an "atheist" comes under sudden live fire and screams his heart in fear, "Jesus fucking Christ!!"..... he was saved all along and just kidding himself? :eusa_eh:

:D

He was an incompetent terrorist. There are plenty of those. Even in this country.

Does God roll dice, or is everything pre-determined since the beginning of time?

Or does our exercise of free will alter the course of God's plan?

Is it possible that there is no Plan?

Is it possible that there is no God?

If God is, and if 'justice' is an overall goal, God seems unconcerned about day-to-day Monkey life through history, and the bigger evolutionary picture becomes the only sane way for me to look at it.

The big picture. The violence that is current Monkey evolution is millions of years in the making, with the last ten thousand years getting REALLY interesting.

I don't know about y'all, but the only way I can exist as an Earth Monkey and justify the Monkey-on-Monkey cruelty that is our historic progress as a society is to focus on the big picture. Trust me when I say that I understand the need for Gods over the last few thousand years.

Forum List

Back