Apparently, JFK makes Santorum "sick".......

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Saw this on the news today...........

By dismissing the 1960 campaign speech by the only Roman Catholic president to keep his faith out of politics, Mr Santorum appealed to the party's fervently religious base. It represented a further lurch to the Right in the battle to find a Republican candidate to face President Barack Obama in November.

"The first substantive line in the 1/8Kennedy 3/8 speech says, 'I believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute'," Mr Santorum, a Roman Catholic, told ABC News. "You bet that makes you throw up."

His remarks came on the eve of today's (Tuesday's) crucial primary in Michigan where Mr Santorum is hoping to upset Mitt Romney, the front-runner, who finds himself scrambling to win his "home state". An aggregate of polls by Real Clear Politics has put Mr Romney two points ahead in the state, which senior Republicans have said he must win if his claim to be the man only who can beat Mr Obama is to retain credibility.

Read more: JFK's religion and politics speech makes me sick, says Santorum

Now, considering that Kennedy was a Catholic, as well as one of the greatest presidents of this country, shouldn't Santorum be a bit more respectful to JFK?

B.....B.......B......But............Santorum is the same religion as Kennedy?

According to Warrior102, there is no such thing as a "conservative" or "liberal" Catholic.

According to Warrior102, there is no such thing as a "conservative" or "liberal" Catholic.

Kennedy was a Catholic, not sure what religion Santorum is, all the correct labels for him are psychological rather than theological in nature.

He's parroting Santorum who has made it very clear that the pope will indeed rule his every moment if he's (shudder) elected. Unlike JFK, Santorum has said outright that he has little use for the Constitution.

By far and way, Santorum is the craziest R candidate to come along in a long time. He says he's Catholic and surely goes and confesses his sins but he's actually radical, rabid, evangelical to the core.

He has nothing to offer our country and should stay home and indoctrinate his kids even further into his sick view of sex, religion and politics.

He's parroting Santorum who has made it very clear that the pope will indeed rule his every moment if he's (shudder) elected. Unlike JFK, Santorum has said outright that he has little use for the Constitution.

By far and way, Santorum is the craziest R candidate to come along in a long time. He says he's Catholic and surely goes and confesses his sins but he's actually radical, rabid, evangelical to the core.

He has nothing to offer our country and should stay home and indoctrinate his kids even further into his sick view of sex, religion and politics.

He has his right to his view on sex, religion, and even politics. And I wouldn't even say his ideas are sick, but I don't want them shoved down my throat. He can believe what he wants, but he sure as Hell isn't going to tell me how to think or act. I find it funny that Santorum would be called a "conservative" being that he wants government to dictate to people what they can and cannot do based on theological doctrine. I would not call that conservative in the least.

By dismissing the 1960 campaign speech by the only Roman Catholic president to keep his faith out of politics, Mr Santorum appealed to the party's fervently religious base. It represented a further lurch to the Right in the battle to find a Republican candidate to face President Barack Obama in November.

"The first substantive line in the 1/8Kennedy 3/8 speech says, 'I believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute'," Mr Santorum, a Roman Catholic, told ABC News. "You bet that makes you throw up."

His remarks came on the eve of today's (Tuesday's) crucial primary in Michigan where Mr Santorum is hoping to upset Mitt Romney, the front-runner, who finds himself scrambling to win his "home state". An aggregate of polls by Real Clear Politics has put Mr Romney two points ahead in the state, which senior Republicans have said he must win if his claim to be the man only who can beat Mr Obama is to retain credibility.

Now, considering that Kennedy was a Catholic, as well as one of the greatest presidents of this country, shouldn't Santorum be a bit more respectful to JFK?

Kennedy was anything but great, but you think Obama is, so no surprise...

Kennedy was a Catholic, not sure what religion Santorum is, all the correct labels for him are psychological rather than theological in nature.

Santorum is Opus Dei.

JFK also believed in tax-cuts. He's what Democrats used to be.

Kennedy was a great president.

Nuclear test ban treaty, Cuban missile crisis, desegregation of public schools, the space race, Berlin, Latin America, the Peace Corps, not to memtion the greatest political speech in American history.

Obama just pushed through the largest middle class tax cut in American history.

President Obama cutting taxes doesn't count, right?

LOL

Nuclear test ban treaty, Cuban missile crisis, desegregation of public schools, the space race, Berlin, Latin America, the Peace Corps, not to memtion the greatest political speech in American history.

Sounds a lot like President Obama.

What have the Republicans done?

NOTHING.

Not a damn thing.

He has his right to his view on sex, religion, and even politics. And I wouldn't even say his ideas are sick, but I don't want them shoved down my throat. He can believe what he wants, but he sure as Hell isn't going to tell me how to think or act. I find it funny that Santorum would be called a "conservative" being that he wants government to dictate to people what they can and cannot do based on theological doctrine. I would not call that conservative in the least.
He wants to be known as ULTRA conservative:

Sounds a lot like President Obama.

What have the Republicans done?

NOTHING.

Not a damn thing.
Eisenhower deserves credit for desegregation of schools. Kennedy didn't serve long enough to be considered great, but looks that way next to the current choices.
Great Books Roundtable - TeacherVision.com

Forum List

Back