apparently....hypocrisy abounds: liberals whine about bush speech

And here it is again.
Grades 7-12 Menu of Classroom Activities: President Obama’s Address to Students Across America
Produced by Teaching Ambassador Fellows, U.S. Department of Education
September 8, 2009

Before the Speech:
• Quick Write or Think/Pair/Share (Students spend a few minutes Thinking and writing about the question; Paired with another student to discuss, then Sharing their ideas with the class as a whole). What do we associate with the words responsibility, persistence, and goals? How would we define each term? A teacher might create a web of student ideas for each of the words.
• Quick Write or Brainstorm: What are your strengths? At what are you successful as a person/student? What makes you successful at these efforts? List at least three things you are successful at and why you feel successful with these tasks.
• Short readings. Notable quotes excerpted (and posted in large print on board) from President Obama’s speeches about education. Teacher might ask students to think alone, compare ideas with a partner, and share their collaborations with the class (Think/Pair/Share) about the following: What are our interpretations of these excerpts? Based on these excerpts, what can we infer the President believes is important to be successful educationally?
• Brainstorm or Concept Web: Why does President Obama want to speak with us today? How will he inspire us? How will he challenge us? What might he say?
• Brainstorm or Concept Web: What other historic moments do you remember when the President spoke to the nation? What was the impact? Students could create a Cause/Effect graphic organizer.

During the Speech:
• Listening with a purpose: personal responsibility, goals, persistence. Teachers might ask pairs of students to create a word bank from the web of any one of the terms (personal responsibility, goals, or persistence) at the top of a double-column style notes page. On the right-hand side, students could take notes while President Obama talks about personal responsibility, or goals, or persistence, trying to capture direct quotations. At the end of the speech, students could then write the corresponding terms from the word bank in the left hand column, to increase retention and deepen their understanding of an important aspect of the speech.
• Listening with a purpose: Inspiration and Challenges. Using a similar double-column style notes page as the one above, the teacher could focus students on quotations that either propose a specific challenge to them or inspire them in some meaningful way. Students could do this individually, in pairs or groups.

Transition/Quick Review: Teachers could ask students to look over the notes and collaborate in pairs or small groups. What more could we add to our notes? Teachers might circulate and ask students questions such as: What are the most important words in the speech? What title would you give it? What’s the thesis?

After the Speech:
Guided Discussion:
• What resonated with you from President Obama’s speech? What lines/phrases do you remember?
• Who is President Obama addressing? How do you know? Describe his audience.
• We heard President Obama mention the importance of personal responsibility. In your life, who exemplifies this kind of personal responsibility? How? Give examples.
• How are we as individuals and as a class similar? Different?
• Suppose President Obama were to give another speech about being educationally successful. Who could he speak to next? Who should be his next audience? Why? What would he say?
• What are the three most important words in the speech? Rank them. What title would you give this speech? What’s the thesis?
• What is President Obama inspiring you to do? What is he challenging you to do?
• What do you believe are the challenges of your generation?
• How can you be a part of addressing these challenges?
Video Project:
• Teachers could encourage students to participate in the Department of Education’s “I Am What I Learn” video contest. On September 8th the Department will invite K-12 students to submit a video no longer than 2 min, explaining why education is important and how their education will help them achieve their dreams. Teachers are welcome to incorporate the same or a similar video project into an assignment. More details will be released via U.S. Department of Education Home Page.

SPOT THE POLITICS!

you are a bossy little bitch. what part of "there shouldn't be any lesson plans" do you not comprehend.

iloled-pam.jpg

You don't know ANYTHING about what NCLB requires schools to go thru for everything in the school day now, do you?

Another ignorant dumbshit.

There ya go. All the effort to identify Obama within the GUIDED discussions.

Since you are to FUCKING ignorant to read past posts done AFTER you asked for something here ya go bitch. Now who is the LIAR?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

GOOD LORDS! You call that political?

That's how lesson plans HAVE to be written. Identify the speaker. If it had been President Bush, that's what it would have kept saying. If it were Bill Gates, that's what it would have kept saying.

What a dumbshit you are!

You are just going to ignore the fact you twice called me a liar? Figures now your on to character assassination. And you wonder why people call you an Obamabot.

I don't care if he wasn't doing any harm, you don't bring your gun when you are protesting the president to make a point.

He did, and he did so legally. It's a freedom we enjoy here in AMERICA he harmed no one, he threatened no one.

and you would have been alright with someone bringing a gun to protest Bush?
If you say yes, I call Bullshit.
And I don't give a shit if you have thr right, I have the right to call anyone I want a ****** doesn't mean I am going to do it. It is called respect.

he has the right, he had the right, otherwise he would have been arrested. sorry if you don't agree with the law. but that's just the way the mop flops.

Score card as of right now;

1.The Clerk and the Cat say that MENTIONING Obama in the lesson plan is POLITICAL...even tho he is the one giving the speech they are commenting on....apparently they'd like someone else mentioned...maybe Barney the Dinosaur.

2. Having a lesson plan is POLITICAL...tho NCLB and state depts of ed REQUIRE lesson plans for everything.

One more time:

iloled-pam.jpg

Since you are to FUCKING ignorant to read past posts done AFTER you asked for something here ya go bitch. Now who is the LIAR?

That's how lesson plans HAVE to be written. Identify the speaker. If it had been President Bush, that's what it would have kept saying. If it were Bill Gates, that's what it would have kept saying.

What a dumbshit you are!

You are just going to ignore the fact you twice called me a liar? Figures now your on to character assassination. And you wonder why people call you an Obamabot.

what makes the whole damn affair "political" is the ultra liberal teacher union and the free hand to say whatever the fuck they want to say without repercussions from the obamalama white house. a nice little encouraging speech just fine. no need whatsofucking ever for a "liberal liesson plan." :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What a dumbshit you are!

You are right. I apologize for calling you a liar. Your answer was so incredibly ridiculous that I didn't even recognize it for what it was.

I don't care if he wasn't doing any harm, you don't bring your gun when you are protesting the president to make a point.

He did, and he did so legally. It's a freedom we enjoy here in AMERICA he harmed no one, he threatened no one.

And I don't give a shit if you have thr right, I have the right to call anyone I want a ****** doesn't mean I am going to do it. It is called respect.

I doubt your last line has anything to do with respect at all, it has to do with fear you will be beaten to a bloody pulp.

As for weapons, where it is legal there is no cause for concern. Does not matter who is present or not present, Does not matter who is President. It is called a RIGHT. A LEGAL RIGHT. Notice how you advocate the arbitrary removal of people's rights simply cause you are an idiot.

What a dumbshit you are!

what makes the whole damn affair "political" is the ultra liberal teacher union and the free hand to say whatever the fuck they want to say without repercussions from the obamalama white house. a nice little encouraging speech just fine. no need whatsofucking ever for a "liberal liesson plan." :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here we go with the deflections again. Nothing about the lesson plans....nope we have to go on and on about the teachers union which had no say in this. Sweetie...may I offer you a :dig: ?

Oh...and "liberal liesson plan"? Priceless. Simply Priceless!

[/B]

he has the right, he had the right, otherwise he would have been arrested. sorry if you don't agree with the law. but that's just the way the mop flops.
I never said I don't agree with the law did I?
I said have enough respect not to bring your gun to a protest, he wasn't carrying it for protection he was carrying it as a protest tool.
and please tell me how I feel about gun rights?

Here we go with the deflections again. Nothing about the lesson plans....nope we have to go on and on about the teachers union which had no say in this. Sweetie...may I offer you a :dig: ?

Nothing to say except there is no reason to have a lesson plan he encourages them to stay in school and then he goes on his merry way. bo

liberal teachers equal liberal lesson plans. now you may fool the turnips in your patch but you are not making any headway with me.

I said have enough respect not to bring your gun to a protest, he wasn't carrying it for protection he was carrying it as a protest tool.

You can not have it both ways, you can not on one hand so it was legal and on the other demand he not bring it cause YOU think he should not. Further you claimed INCORRECTLY that the armed people were with in shooting distance of the President. A blatant lie exposed repeatedly on this forum in other posts. The Secret Service decides where the line is which one can not cross carrying a weapon and NO ONE crossed it. Or are you claiming the Secret Service is incompetent?

liberal teachers equal liberal lesson plans. now you may fool the turnips in your patch but you are not making any headway with me.

Um...did you notice who wrote the lesson plan? :lol::lol::lol:

You are seriously, seriously :dig:

[/B]

I doubt your last line has anything to do with respect at all, it has to do with fear you will be beaten to a bloody pulp.

As for weapons, where it is legal there is no cause for concern. Does not matter who is present or not present, Does not matter who is President. It is called a RIGHT. A LEGAL RIGHT. Notice how you advocate the arbitrary removal of people's rights simply cause you are an idiot.
projecting much?
I never said the man should have his rights removed, please show me where I did?
I simply said it was disrepectful and many people on the right agree with me.

Nothing to say except there is no reason to have a lesson plan he encourages them to stay in school and then he goes on his merry way. bo

This is absolutely priceless. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I feel like I shouldn't be doing this to you. It's so unfair.

Maybe a little guilty? ......................................Naw :lol::lol::lol:

You can not have it both ways, you can not on one hand so it was legal and on the other demand he not bring it cause YOU think he should not. Further you claimed INCORRECTLY that the armed people were with in shooting distance of the President. A blatant lie exposed repeatedly on this forum in other posts. The Secret Service decides where the line is which one can not cross carrying a weapon and NO ONE crossed it. Or are you claiming the Secret Service is incompetent?
please show me where I claimed they were within shooting distance moron?
And I have never once said it was not legal idiot, I said it was disrepectful.
Please pay attention.

Tell you what. I'll have mercy on you. Gotta go to dinner with my wife. Maybe you can get some kind of second wind and maybe, just maybe come up with something that doesn't embarass yourself.

TTFN

oh my freaking god the liberal teachers are destroying american crap again!
:anj_stfu:

This is absolutely priceless. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I feel like I shouldn't be doing this to you. It's so unfair.

Maybe a little guilty? ......................................Naw :lol::lol::lol:

you have to have a brain to feel guilty and clearly you lack one as you have shown over and over.. but that's alright. we just smile and nod.. pisses you off mightily that you can't force the kool aid

Forum List

Back