apparently....hypocrisy abounds: liberals whine about bush speech

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Funding of Bush Speech Draws Fire; Democrat Calls Education Broadcast `Paid Political Advertising'
The Washington Post | October 3, 1991| Kenneth J. Cooper; Eric Pianin

House Democrats criticized President Bush yesterday for using Education Department funds to produce and broadcast a speech that he made Tuesday at a Northwest Washington junior high school.

The Democratic critics accused Bush of turning government money for education to his own political use, namely, an ongoing effort to inoculate himself against their charges of inattention to domestic issues. The speech at Alice Deal Junior High School, broadcast live on radio and television, urged students to study hard, avoid drugs and turn in troublemakers.

and there is a difference between congressmen critizing Bush then pulling your children out of school and spreading lies about the speech.

and there is a difference between congressmen critizing Bush then pulling your children out of school and spreading lies about the speech.

waaaaaaambulance.....libs complained back then and want all complaints silenced now....

hypocrisy

Funding of Bush Speech Draws Fire; Democrat Calls Education Broadcast `Paid Political Advertising'

House Democrats criticized President Bush yesterday for using Education Department funds to produce and broadcast a speech that he made Tuesday at a Northwest Washington junior high school.

The Democratic critics accused Bush of turning government money for education to his own political use, namely, an ongoing effort to inoculate himself against their charges of inattention to domestic issues. The speech at Alice Deal Junior High School, broadcast live on radio and television, urged students to study hard, avoid drugs and turn in troublemakers.

Yes they did. They said it was using government $$$ for political purposes...that is certainly debatable back then AND now.

But did they try to get people to keep their children home from school in fear of being brainwashed?
Did they compare him to Hitler recruiting Hitler Youth? Or the ChiCom?

Yes they did. They said it was using government $$$ for political purposes...that is certainly debatable back then AND now.

But did they try to get people to keep their children home from school in fear of being brainwashed?

She shoots. She scores.

it's not at all unreasonable to think the obamalamamachine would brainwash children. Shit look what he done to the bunch of you guys who supposedly are adults.. crikey!:eek:

no they want these people to respect the President even if you don't like him.
I respected George Bush even though I didn't like him, he was my President.
Shit I even supported his choice to go into Irag. I defended this when my friends knocked my friend and I for having an american flag ribbon on our door about the time he invaded.
I don't care if you critize Obama, that is what America is about but when you start pulling your children out of school because you can't them listen to the POTUS for ten minutes then you are garbage to me.

Shit I even supported his choice to go into Irag. I defended this when my friends knocked my friend and I for having an american flag ribbon on our door about the time he invaded.
I don't care if you critize Obama, that is what America is about but when you start pulling your children out of school because you can't them listen to the POTUS for ten minutes then you are garbage to me.

In what ways did you show your respect for President Bush? Any threads here to indicate respect? Oh! and just to add,, if and when your guy shows respect and admiration for this country and pride in all her people then he will gain my respect back. Not until then.

Last edited:
Have you ever seen me call him Hitler?
I think you might want to read the part where I said it is alright to critize Obama.
Did you ever see me say I would pull my child out of classroom because he was giving a speech?
or have you ever seen me call him a fascist dictator?

You can critize a President but you don't bring a gun to an event he is speaking at, you don't call for his assasination and you don't talk about getting tags for a President.

In what ways did you show your respect for President Bush? Any threads here to indicate respect? Oh! and just to add,, if and when your guy shows respect and admiration for this country and pride in all her people then he will gain my respect back. Not until then.
:cuckoo:

i see....so all the conservatives have to do is add the complain about $$ and then it is legit.....

fail

the topic was really about using the bullypulpit as a political propaganda machine.....do you really think obama has spent ZERO government dollars on this? give me a fucking break.....

and how many years did we have to hear how un patriotic we were?
HOw un american we are?
Don't give the crap that Obama needs to show more respect, you guys have been disrespecting the fact we are too american for the last eight years.
How about the fact when I told my Republican brother that I didn't believe in the same religous beliefs he did, he told me I am what is wrong with america.
Open up your mind alittle.

If both sides (parties) actually wanted to get along and do the right thing, they simply would. Fact is, it's been us v them for too long, and Obama's Borg are reinforcing that status quo. Anyone not seeing it yet is blind, assimilated, robots.

Mabus | Flash Videos

Forum List

Back