Appalachians are dying faster than other Americans.

Mining coal is no longer a process where hundreds of miners go underground; today large earth machinery cuts down the trees, removes the soil and the rock until a seam of coal is exposed, then large steam shovels dig the coal and put it into trucks for processing. A dozen men can take down a mountain top in a few months and leave an environmental mess.

In other words, a conservatards wet dream come true.

Yep, and it exposes the lie Trump told about jobs returning to Appalachia. Not only are miners not working, Trump&Co are working hard (and failing) to make sure miners and their family lose health insurance too.

HRC had a plan to fund training for miners to secure jobs in the 21st Century economy.

"In Pennsylvania, Corsal Coal Company has opened a new mine in Somerset County, which is outside of Pittsburgh. It’s the first new mine in years. Fox News reported that 70 jobs were created with this mine opening, although 400 applications were submitted. George Dethlefsen, the CEO of Corsa Coal, added that they’re selling coal for $150/ton, which is double from what it was a year ago. He said that the loosening of government regulations, along with coal being less stigmatized now that Trump is president also helps."

Back To Work: Trump Touts Opening Of New Coal Mine In Pennsylvania
70? A measly 70? Not 70 thousand? Just seven zero?

Appalachians are dying faster than other Americans.

66516e854e00f05a8afc6000be074a33a53da9a8.jpeg

The country made gains on those health measures over the next two decades, but progress in Appalachia stalled. Between 2009 and 2013, the infant-mortality rate was 16 percent higher in Appalachia than in the rest of the country. People could expect to live 2.4 years less than their counterparts in the rest of the United States.

====================

Republicans have all this worry and concern about people in Chicago. What about Appalachia?
And who lives in Appalachia?

County-Economic-Status_FY2018_Map.png

Only Rderp would compare people who work for a living to dumb negros who Rob and shot each other for the fun of it..

3beaf13b3123b495d7c0df39c4eb0142.jpg

Forum List

Back