Apartheid? Really?

Everyone knows Israel is an Apartheid state, it's just that officials are not allowed to say so or they are sacked.

UN official quits after 'pressure to withdraw' report accusing Israel of apartheid
Co-author says she had a 'duty' to stand by 'well researched document of human suffering'

UN official 'pressured to withdraw report accusing Israel of apartheid by bosses'

Only antisemites use such a term.

Reasonable and fair-minded people realize that Arab propagandists have simply co-opted the term and applied it to Israel to appeal to those with sub-standard intelligence.

Dummies always project their sub-standard intelligence.

J.M. Coetzee, Nobel Laureate, who lived under Apartheid

“Apartheid was a system of enforced segregation based on race or ethnicity, put in place by an exclusive, self defined group in order to consolidate colonial conquest particular to cement its hold on the land and natural resources,” Coetzee said, relaying this definition almost verbatim in application to Jerusalem and the West Bank, minus the word apartheid.

Ultimately, Coetzee landed on “Draw your own conclusions,” to which he received an even louder round of applause than when the DJ was announced to take stage about an hour later.

- See more at: South African Nobelist Coetzee on Israel and apartheid: ‘Draw your own conclusions’

It's even better when seen on video.

Palestinian BDS Committee Responds to UN Head’s Resignation over Israel ‘Apartheid’ Report

Dr. Rima Khalaf, Director of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), resigned from her post following pressure from the US and Israel over a report issued this week by ESCWA documenting Israel’s apartheid policies towards the Palestinian people and encouraging support for the grassroots boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) movement for Palestinian rights and freedom.

Dr. Khalaf explained her decision stating: “I resigned because it is my duty not to conceal a clear crime, and I stand by all the conclusions of the report.”

In response to Dr. Khalaf’s resignation, Mahmoud Nawajaa, the General Coordinator of the Palestinian BDS National Committee (BNC) said:

“The fact that a UN Secretary General has bowed to threats and intimidation from the Trump administration to protect Israel from accountability, yet again, is hardly news. The real news is that this time round, Israel, with all its influence in Washington, cannot put the genie back into the bottle.

Palestinian BDS Committee Responds to UN Head's Resignation over Israel 'Apartheid' Report

UN official 'pressured to withdraw report accusing Israel of apartheid by bosses'

Ms Khalef, a Jordanian, said she resigned after the report was taken down from the ESCWA’s website after two days and UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres distanced himself from its findings, saying it reflected her personal views.

In her resignation letter, Ms Khalef acknowledged she had only two weeks of her contract left to serve, but said: "I cannot withdraw yet another well-researched, well-documented UN work on grave violations of human rights, yet I know that clear instructions by the Secretary-General will have to be implemented promptly.

Forum List

Back