AP: Who is Obama?

Nearly four years after Barack Obama was elected to the most powerful office in the most powerful country in the world, the question remains: Who is he?

He seemed to come out of nowhere. He had served seven years in the Illinois Senate, and less than four years in the U.S. Senate — a meager political resume, augmented by a stirring speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention.

His was an exotic story, at least by the standards of the 42 white men who preceded him in office. Son of a black African and white Kansan, born in Hawaii, raised there and in Indonesia, he was something new, and America seemed ready for him. He won almost 9.5 million votes more than John McCain.

And yet, "there was the feeling that we knew less than we needed to know" about our new president, says Janny Scott, author of "A Singular Woman," a biography of Stanley Ann Dunham, Obama's mother. "He didn't fit a comfortable template."

No Longer a Blank Slate: Obama, 4 Years Later

A couple of things we know about him. He graduated from Harvard law school magna cum laude and inheirited this:

Two big wars raging, dozens of young Americans dying each day 10,000 miles from their homes, the stock market tanked, people losing their homes by the 100,000, half a trillion dollar interest on the Reagan/Bushes debt due and payable, GM and Chrysler ready to go bankrupt and take a look at the jobs being lost:

6a00d83451b48269e2017c31ab43c7970b-500wi

Obama has pissed his pants and cried for the last four years over what he "inherited". WTF is he going to do if he is reelected and inherits his own mess that is twice as worse. The poor guy will be wearing Depends 24/7.

Last edited:
What was obvious 20 minutes into the debate? That Romney was throwing himself under the bus before Obama could? That is a 'winning' strategy? Are you people insane? Wait. Don't answer that.

Romney had to just cling to Obama's answers because he was so lost on topic, foreign policy, that he could not even offer an opinion on anything. If Romney gets elected who is he going to cling to? Well seeing how the people in his transition team who would be responsible for foreign policy are all Bushies I guess the neocons would be running Romney's foreign policy. You good with that?

lol...gee...ya think you watched the debate with your partisan glasses on?

Do you agree with beretta that it was obvious 20 minutes into the debate then? If you do that means you agree with him, which means you agree with me. If not I have no freakin' clue what you are agree with. From what I learned from the debate Romney agrees with Obama. Do you agree with Romney which, which means you agree with Obama, which means you agree with me. Well, I am glad we are all in agreement this morning. :D

this is what I got from the debate.....

Romney and Obama are on the same page as it pertains to basic foreign policy...but whereas Obama is most concerned with how FP decisions will affect the image of the US, Romney is most interested in how FP decisions affect the security of the US.

Now...I am not saying one way is right and one way is wrong....but that is the difference between the two.

And to me, it was quite obvious.

I believe the Libya situation came down as it did becuase Obama did not want to show too much "strength" in Libya....and it cost us....but maybe if we showed more strength, it would have resulted in a bigger attack with more lives lost...I dont know......but I do believe that is why what happened, happened.....

Really?

Who were his high school friends?
His college friends?
Other than Rezko and Ayers, who did he associate with? I dont care that he associated with those two...but who else did he associate with?
What were his college grades? I dont care what they were, but if he were vetted as you say, why dont we know them?
What sports did he play in high school? What clubs did he belopng to in college? What do his relatives do for a living?

Now....we know Romney cut a kids hair in prep school. We know who he associated with. His grades. His career details.

We heard from Palins librarian who knew her. Who knew Obama when he was a student? We heard from Palins grade school teachers. Do we even know what grade school Obama went to?

Do you know why he left the only law firm he worked for? Do you know what position he had there? Do you know why he was never offered the position of associate...much less partner? I mean...Harvard Law grad and he spent nearly 4 years at a law firm and never moved up. Do we know why?

Vetted my ass.

Yes, but do we have his tax returns from 2009 or earlier, which are very relevant to the type of person he is.

NO they are not relevant or any of your business really...He did release two years

he released tax returens from years that he kinew would be viewed.....and maybe all of his returns are legal...I am sure they are.....so are Romneys...and so are mine.....

Nearly four years after Barack Obama was elected to the most powerful office in the most powerful country in the world, the question remains: Who is he?

He seemed to come out of nowhere. He had served seven years in the Illinois Senate, and less than four years in the U.S. Senate — a meager political resume, augmented by a stirring speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention.

His was an exotic story, at least by the standards of the 42 white men who preceded him in office. Son of a black African and white Kansan, born in Hawaii, raised there and in Indonesia, he was something new, and America seemed ready for him. He won almost 9.5 million votes more than John McCain.

And yet, "there was the feeling that we knew less than we needed to know" about our new president, says Janny Scott, author of "A Singular Woman," a biography of Stanley Ann Dunham, Obama's mother. "He didn't fit a comfortable template."

No Longer a Blank Slate: Obama, 4 Years Later

Newshacks? lol

See those letters AP? Know what they mean? The Associated Press. To you they mean "Administration Press" but not to the rest of us.

do you what hack means? It doesn't mean honest journalism.

Last edited:
Yes, but do we have his tax returns from 2009 or earlier, which are very relevant to the type of person he is.

NO they are not relevant or any of your business really...He did release two years

he released tax returens from years that he kinew would be viewed.....and maybe all of his returns are legal...I am sure they are.....so are Romneys...and so are mine.....

from how I read their post I thought he was talking about having Romney's tax returns
so we agree basically

lol...gee...ya think you watched the debate with your partisan glasses on?

Do you agree with beretta that it was obvious 20 minutes into the debate then? If you do that means you agree with him, which means you agree with me. If not I have no freakin' clue what you are agree with. From what I learned from the debate Romney agrees with Obama. Do you agree with Romney which, which means you agree with Obama, which means you agree with me. Well, I am glad we are all in agreement this morning. :D

this is what I got from the debate.....

Romney and Obama are on the same page as it pertains to basic foreign policy...but whereas Obama is most concerned with how FP decisions will affect the image of the US, Romney is most interested in how FP decisions affect the security of the US.

Now...I am not saying one way is right and one way is wrong....but that is the difference between the two.

And to me, it was quite obvious.

I believe the Libya situation came down as it did becuase Obama did not want to show too much "strength" in Libya....and it cost us....but maybe if we showed more strength, it would have resulted in a bigger attack with more lives lost...I dont know......but I do believe that is why what happened, happened.....

I personally dont care about our world imnage anymore. No matter what we do, we are criticized....warranted or not.

I do not like my president saying we are sometimes arrogant...

Sure we are...so is every other civilized country in the world.

The difference?

How many of our bravest are buried on their shores after losing their lives trying to help them and how many of their bravest are buried on our shores after losing their lives trying to help us?

Gee, imagine that??? The MEDIA WHORES who never vetted this rotten SCUM and now ask that question??????????
Read 'n weep....BIMBO!!

October 24, 2012

Brits Call It For
OBAMA
!!

"U.S. President Barack Obama will be elected for a second term next month if Britain's bookmakers are to be believed.

The polls have Obama effectively tied with rival Mitt Romney in the two-horse race for the White House but the odds show gamblers putting their money on the incumbent.

British bookmakers offer political betting as a niche sideline to more lucrative wagers on sports like horse racing and soccer. They take bets from around the globe - although not from the United States where such gambling is prohibited.

Betfair claims that its exchage can provide a more reliable guide to the outcome of elections than some polls.

It cites the notorious example of 2004 when exit polls pointed to a win for Democrat John Kerry but its exchange indicated the correct result, a second term for George W. Bush."

:woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo:

They take bets from around the globe - although not from the United States where such gambling is prohibited.

Yeah right. :eusa_whistle:

What you want to bet Romney has a few hundred thousand on the incumbent?

Yeah...he offered to bet $10,000 on a minor point in the primary debates. That guy has more money than Dolly Parton. Well...close.

And of course money and success are bad things since they are likely foreign to you. :cool:

Yeah right. :eusa_whistle:

What you want to bet Romney has a few hundred thousand on the incumbent?

Yeah...he offered to bet $10,000 on a minor point in the primary debates. That guy has more money than Dolly Parton. Well...close.

And of course money and success are bad things since they are likely foreign to you. :cool:

You know what....I'm comfortable but not rich. I have three children, eight grandchildren and one great grandchild and another on the way. Two of my children have masters degrees and the other, my youngest daughter has an associates degree but earns six figures at the Dept of Energy. My wife and I only have high school educations but I've had my moments. Just how rich should rich be? I came from a time when this country paid it's debts. In the 1950's under Eisenhower. a Republican, anyone who earned more than $300,000 paid 91% of the excess to the government. 'Course back then any able bodied man under 40 years old was drafted into the service and people did their share. people today are motivated by one thing....GREED! How goddam much do you want? With tax rates as low as they've been in 40 years all the Republicans can harp on is tax cuts. What a load of shit.

84216861.jpg

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

image4297.jpg

You know what....I'm comfortable but not rich. I have three children, eight grandchildren and one great grandchild and another on the way. Two of my children have masters degrees and the other, my youngest daughter has an associates degree but earns six figures at the Dept of Energy. My wife and I only have high school educations but I've had my moments. Just how rich should rich be? I came from a time when this country paid it's debts. In the 1950's under Eisenhower. a Republican, anyone who earned more than $300,000 paid 91% of the excess to the government. 'Course back then any able bodied man under 40 years old was drafted into the service and people did their share. people today are motivated by one thing....GREED! How goddam much do you want? With tax rates as low as they've been in 40 years all the Republicans can harp on is tax cuts. What a load of shit.

84216861.jpg

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

image4297.jpg

You rattle off everything that you have and then you advocate others settling for less. :clap2: Hypocrite. And by the way, you don't come from a time any different from the "time" I come from.

Last edited:

84216861.jpg

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

image4297.jpg

You rattle off everything that you have and then you advocate others settling for less. :clap2: Hypocrite. And by the way, you don't come from a time any different from the "time" I come from.

I came from a west TN dirt farm. My daddy had less than a high school education and his first regular job was timekeeper for the WPA. He earned $3.60 a week. When the war started he got a job sweeping at a Procter and Gamble shell loading plant in Milan, TN and worked his way up to line superintendent. He took a job in the Manhatten project at Oak Ridge Tennessee in early 1944 and we moved to Oak Ridge when I was just shy of ten years old. I started working at the Oak Ridge Gaseous Diffusion Plant in 1952 just past my eighteenth birthday. I worked there till I retired and when my children were young I was drawing paychecks from three different places and working all the overtime I could get on my main job. I retired after 41 years and I live in a 4br brick rancher with 220ft. of lake frontage. I drive a new F-150 Ecoboost truck and my wife drives a 2009 Lincoln Town car. I just said in the previous post that my children all did very well. If my dad had never got his first job on FDR's WPA the chances are pretty good that with a high school education none of that would have ever happened for me. What I advocate is for everyone doing their share and the charts above which show how good this nation was for everyone when the well off did their part proves it. Now...the greedy assholes who don't even serve in the military are parasites sucking the life's blood out of the less fortunate among us by taking tax cuts while the money is being borrowed from foreign banks. That's another goddam thing. Before Ronald Reagan and Bush41 gave tax cuts and quadrupled the national debt to fund them the debt was always managable. Go Fuck Yourself!!

Last edited:
What do you suggest he could have done differently? Stayed up and fretted about it?

Honesty from the get-go might have helped and been a good start.

Romney had the full chance to wail into this the other night and took a pass. Wonder why? Maybe Romney gets the PDBs now and has some taste of what the President works with. Not such a loud mouth on Benghazi now is he? You shouldn't be either.

Regardless of whether, or not, Romney took a pass on Benghazi, there are millions of Americans who have not taken a pass, and want some honest answers from this President. What did he know, and when did he know it. What did he do to attempt to aid those embattled Americans? Did he get any options from the Defense Department, and what action did he take on those options?

Forum List

Back