AP Seems to NOT be that Interested in the 1,000th Death in Afghanistan...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
From Reuters to the AFP, the AM Headline is that the "Grim Milestone" of 1,000 US Dead in Afghanistan is what's Leading.

As of 7ish East Coast Time, I can't Find an AP Story on it.

Here's the Abreviated Wire:

AP NEWS on MEDIA SITES

Driver recalls 6 miles of highway terror in Lexus
NATO commander takes apology direct to Afghans
NYC bomb plotter plea deal might help broaden case
Orphanage director: Haiti holds 6 US-bound kids

I also Googled it and nothing... Now, I am Certain there will be as the Day Progresses, but the Milestones of Death under (43) were Reported on with such Urgency by the AP that it's Curious that they aren't as Interested here.

Is it the Source?... Doubtfully, they Quote icasualties also.

Is it this Concerned Observation by Reuters: Afghanistan is high on Obama's foreign policy agenda and more American casualties or a military campaign that fails to bring stability to the country could harm his presidency.

It's Difficult to say... But I would Assume once the AP gets around to Reporting this, they will be just as Concerned about this Increasingly Unpopular War Harming their Messiah, err... President.

We shall see.

:)

peace...

That's not true because you're a self-dignified AP reporter!!

How's the sister?

Anyhoot, I don't know if it's that most journalists simply didn't like Republicans or whatever, because it seems this way, but, if you've ever befriended an acting journalist you'd come to realize that there's probably not a big conspiracy to control if and how they present their information. I know that's anecdotal, but having met a couple now and having had these discussions, they are far from censored or controlled, it would seem.

How's the sister?

Anyhoot, I don't know if it's that most journalists simply didn't like Republicans or whatever, because it seems this way, but, if you've ever befriended an acting journalist you'd come to realize that there's probably not a big conspiracy to control if and how they present their information. I know that's anecdotal, but having met a couple now and having had these discussions, they are far from censored or controlled, it would seem.

That's "ap" for me... ;)

My Sister's Suffering Ended last Week... Her Services are this Week... Thanks for Asking.

How many of your "Friends" are Journalists for YOU to Conclude ANYTHING about them Collectively?... ;)

I Know what the Polling of their Voting says and has for Decades... ;)

peace...

I'm not saying they don't tilt one way over the other. That's 100% verifiable. But some have the integrity to uphold the oath they take as a journalist.

It's got to be tough to feel one way or the other personally about an issue and then attempt an objective piece on the subject. For instance, have you ever tried to drop the Conservative-sided slant when you're typing up on a topic, and on-purpose? A purveyor of information shouldn't include a slant, shouldn't include an argument, and shouldn't inject their opinion. There's got to be a certain wisdom in dropping your personality out of a piece.

Sorry about your Sister. If what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, you're built like a brick shithouse right about now.

I'm not saying they don't tilt one way over the other. That's 100% verifiable. But some have the integrity to uphold the oath they take as a journalist.

It's got to be tough to feel one way or the other personally about an issue and then attempt an objective piece on the subject. For instance, have you ever tried to drop the Conservative-sided slant when you're typing up on a topic, and on-purpose? A purveyor of information shouldn't include a slant, shouldn't include an argument, and shouldn't inject their opinion. There's got to be a certain wisdom in dropping your personality out of a piece.

Sorry about your Sister. If what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, you're built like a brick shithouse right about now.

Most of them are Schooled to go into Journalism as a Career to "Change" the World, NOT to Report on it Objectively...

And Thank you.

peace...

How's the sister?

There is a conspiracy but it's not hard to keep journalists in line because you don't get a job unless you're of the same mind-think as those who run the media....which is predominantly Liberal.

Every once in a great while somebody leaves the plantation and they get a smackdown.

Obama has so many skeletons in his closet that if the whole truth about him were made known he could kiss his presidency goodbye. However nobody ether has the balls nor the inclination to expose him.

But getting back to the subject as surfaced by the OP. The press kept a running tally during the Bush years of how many were dying. Listening to the radio they made is sound like new deaths were being reported even though it was the same ones repeated over and over. I'm surprised CNN didn't have a live updated total in the lower right corner of the screen during broadcasts...it was nearly that bad.

Now......pffft. Nobody cares.

Anyhoot, how'd you all learn of the 1,000 number, out of curiosity?

AP NEWS on MEDIA SITES

Toyota apologizes for handling of safety issues
NATO commander takes apology direct to Afghans
Democrats cautiously embrace Obama health plan
Iran nuclear offer falls short of world demands

---

AP Currently.

peace...

AP NEWS on MEDIA SITES

Toyota apologizes for handling of safety issues
Consumer confidence falls sharply