AP: Ron Paul platform no longer "fringe"...is now mainstream.

Ame®icano;4016156 said:
I agree with dishonesty part, with addition, just because politicians on both sides are dishonest, doesn't mean we have to swallow it.

Sooo, if liberals and progressives side with Democrats, why is hard to accept that conservatives and libertarians side with Republicans?

Agreed about not swallowing dishonesty regardless of the source. If "We, the People" expect to wait around for Washington, DC to clean themselves up, we'll have very long wait. It's the voters who need to make clear their expectations that things will be fixed and fixed correctly by their elected officials. Example, the 2008 Presidential election was one of the most contentious in our history. The voter turnout? 56.8%. It seems almost half of the voting population either doesn't give a shit who is elected or there is something preventing them from voting. Either way, it's a very bad sign for our country when almost half the voters can't or won't vote.

National Voter Turnout in Federal Elections: 1960-2010

No doubt, between the DNC and the RNC, conservatives and libertarians will choose the RNC. However, the LP won't ever take off if nobody supports it or pushes them to put up viable candidates. I'm not buying the conspiracy theorist stuff about how a third party is prevented from succeeding. I think it is mainly due to the natural dichotomy of politics like Yin-Yang; we have a male/father-figure party in the form of Conservatism and we have a female/mother-figure party in the form of Liberalism. Anything else is just muddying the waters.

Forum List

Back