AP poll: Public seems willing to wait on tax cuts

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
Associated Press should be renamed Associated Propaganda the way they're preparing the way for Obama to break his tax cut promises.

AP:

People want the tax cuts promised during the presidential campaign, but may be willing to wait while President-elect Obama takes on the larger issue of fixing the economy

Link here

Sounds like 1984. The sheep who voted for Obama are more than happy to nod their heads in agreement when their fearless leader changes his mind. I guess that's what he meant by "Change."

Sounds like 1984. The sheep who voted for Obama are more than happy to nod their heads in agreement when their fearless leader changes his mind. I guess that's what he meant by "Change."

Or perhaps they are looking at the bigger picture and realizing that Obama can't jump right in and do the tax cuts until the economy stabalizes. What a concept eh? putting the country before themselves...gotta love the middle class huh! :tongue:

Or perhaps they are looking at the bigger picture and realizing that Obama can't jump right in and do the tax cuts until the economy stabalizes. What a concept eh? putting the country before themselves...gotta love the middle class huh! :tongue:

Nobody as liberal as Obama has ever proposed tax cuts. It was all a ploy to get votes. And how will delaying tax cuts stabilize the economy?

Nobody as liberal as Obama has ever proposed tax cuts. It was all a ploy to get votes. And how will delaying tax cuts stabilize the economy?

Well unlike his republican predecesor paying for tax cuts thru loans from the chinese is just delaying the inevitable. Have you checked the national debt clock lately?

each citizen's share of this debt is $34,850.87.

U.S. National Debt Clock

hmm..

U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK
The Outstanding Public Debt as of 13 Nov 2008 at 12:39:27 PM GMT is:
$10,632,521,783,419.89
The estimated population of the United States is 305,086,314
so each citizen's share of this debt is $34,850.89.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$3.95 billion per day since September 28, 2007!
Concerned? Then tell Congress and the White House!

U.S. National Debt Clock

He'd damn well better come through on green jobs. He'd damn well better restoer some of the checks and balances in Washington (clean up DOJ etc).

The tax policy I have always been less concered about. But if he blows it, he'll be out.

I still can't wait to find out what Joe DUnderHead Biden meant when he said "We are going to do something you may not like, but trust us." I'm salivating.. :lol::eusa_pray:

I said he's waiting until the economy stablizes to give the tax cuts...isn't the the Republicans who were screaming you can't give tax cuts with the economy in the state it's in?

shit, make up your minds people. :cuckoo:

I said he's waiting until the economy stablizes to give the tax cuts...isn't the the Republicans who were screaming you can't give tax cuts with the economy in the state it's in?

I've made up my mind. I want everything he promised to win this election and I want it sooner rather than later... I want health care just like he has, and I don't want my taxes to go up not one red cent. I thought it was amazing that he could promise such a thing, now I want him to deliver!!! :eusa_whistle:

no, they were saying you can't raise taxes in this economy.

I'm guessing the "screaming" was trying to let those who were voting for Obama know that he was making promises that he could not keep. Electioneering if you will--I think it turns out that people didn't care if he couldn't keep the promises---they were voting for him for other reasons.

Well unlike his republican predecesor paying for tax cuts thru loans from the chinese is just delaying the inevitable. Have you checked the national debt clock lately?

each citizen's share of this debt is $34,850.87.

U.S. National Debt Clock

It's a national disgrace. The only people who can do anything about this are conservatives in Congress. Guess what. We don't have any!

Tax cuts will help stabilize the economy. Either he doesn't know what he's talking about or we are being sold a bill of goods.

And why are you talking about the Republicans? We all know they have been hijacked by the Neoconservatives which are basically LBJ-style Democrats in drag.

He'd damn well better come through on green jobs. He'd damn well better restoer some of the checks and balances in Washington (clean up DOJ etc).

The tax policy I have always been less concered about. But if he blows it, he'll be out.

Forget about checks and balances. Liberal Democrats control the Executive Office, the House and the Senate. Expect more bad times.

Forget about checks and balances. Liberal Democrats control the Executive Office, the House and the Senate. Expect more bad times.

Yeah the difference between the Dems in charge and Ress in charge is tht the Dems will invest in America and Americans, while the Reps were handing out tax credits to invest in industry in China.

Get a clue, folks.

It's a national disgrace. The only people who can do anything about this are conservatives in Congress. Guess what. We don't have any!

What a crock of shit, the so called fiscal conservatives controlled the house for nearly 12 years and look what they gave us. Jindal said it best, when Democrats are trusted more for fiscal responsibility, then clearly republicans have lost their way.

Forum List

Back