AP picture of wounded Marine sparks debate

i can think of no reason for either the actual or the hypothetical photo's publication that would supercede the family's desire for it not to be published.

Can you explain specifically, the variables that must be satisfied before you apply this standard? I'd be surprised if you think Britney Spears' mother's desires should not be superceded, in regards to a panty-less crotch shot of her drunk daughter getting out of a car.

the death of a family member. having been through it, i may be overly sensitive, but i see no purpose served by publishing this photo except profit for AP.
i'm not disputing their right to publish it, but i do think they're wrong for doing so.

I'd say the purpose is the same as it is for reporting of any piece of news.

As for the death of a family member reasoning, that seems a bit thin to me. No picture of any dead person would ever be published if that standard were adopted.

Can you explain specifically, the variables that must be satisfied before you apply this standard? I'd be surprised if you think Britney Spears' mother's desires should not be superceded, in regards to a panty-less crotch shot of her drunk daughter getting out of a car.

the death of a family member. having been through it, i may be overly sensitive, but i see no purpose served by publishing this photo except profit for AP.
i'm not disputing their right to publish it, but i do think they're wrong for doing so.

I'd say the purpose is the same as it is for reporting of any piece of news.

As for the death of a family member reasoning, that seems a bit thin to me. No picture of any dead person would ever be published if that standard were adopted.

that'd be okay with me. like i said, it's just my opinion.

Forum List

Back