AP: Perfectly Innocent Man Executed in Texas under Booooosh?...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
I find that Fact that the AP goes out of their way to put George W. Bush in the first Paragraph of this Story, but they Fail for almost 20 Paragraphs to tell the Reader something that will make them Comfortable that the Jury did the right thing regardless of this ONE piece of Evidence being Questioned...

DNA test casts doubt on executed Texas man's guilt

JEFF CARLTON
Associated Press Nov. 11, 2010 7:31 PM ET

DALLAS (AP) — A DNA test on a single hair has cast doubt on the guilt of a Texas man who was put to death 10 years ago for a liquor-store murder — an execution that went forward after then-Gov. George W. Bush's staff failed to tell him the condemned man was asking for genetic analysis of the strand.

The hair had been the only piece of physical evidence linking Claude Jones to the crime scene. But the recently completed DNA analysis found it did not belong to Jones and instead may have come from the murder victim.

Barry Scheck, co-founder of the Innocence Project, a New York legal center that uses DNA to exonerate inmates and worked on Jones' case, acknowledged that the hair doesn't prove an innocent man was put to death. But he said the findings mean the evidence was insufficient under Texas law to convict Jones.

Jones, a career criminal who steadfastly denied killing the liquor store owner, was executed by injection on Dec. 7, 2000, in the closing weeks of Bush's term as governor and in middle of the turbulent recount dispute in Florida that ended with Bush elected president.

^Wow, that's an Understatement... Almost 20 Paragraphs in, the AP finally tells you this:

Prosecutors also hammered on Jones' brutal past. While serving a 21-year prison sentence in Kansas, he poured a flammable liquid on his cellmate and set him on fire, killing him.

Why in the HELL was this guy out of Prison?...

Read more:

DNA test casts doubt on executed Texas man's guilt - Latest from AP - bnd.com

The AP's Need to Implicate Booooooooooosh in this while all but Hiding this Executed Man's Brutal Murder of his Cellmate by Burning him to Death is just Shameless.

But then again, it's the AP.

This story was brought to my Attention by some Twentysomethings who were Referring to it as an Example of an "Innocent" Man being Executed by Booooooooooosh!...

I had to Research it... Thank God for the Droid I carry... I was able to Find out some Context quickly and then ask them if they Knew that he had set his Cellmate on Fire and Murdered him...

Back in the Day, without the Benefit of having the Internet in Hand, these Twentysomethings would have simply Denied that Claim and continued Insisting that some Perfectly Innocent Man was put to Death by Dubya's Texas Murder Machine...

Hell, "I'm sure MOST of the People on Death Row are Innocent"...

Bet.

Oh yeah, and "the Death Penalty is Racist", so there!

:)

peace...

Last edited:
SeeBS Radio News just Failed to Mention that this guy Torched his Cellmate to Death when Reporting on his Potential "Innocence" in another Murder...

Classic.

peace...

What I still don't get is how this Animal was IN Prison, set his Cellmate on Fire and Killed him, and then was Later Released back on to Society...

Seriously?

peace...

SeeBS Radio News just Failed to Mention that this guy Torched his Cellmate to Death when Reporting on his Potential "Innocence" in another Murder...

Classic.

peace...

Because he was not executed for that, he was executed for something else.

The fact that he lit his cellmate on fire is almost completely irrelevant to the case.

Classic.

peace...

The fact that he lit his cellmate on fire is almost completely irrelevant to the case.

Are you a Societal Anarchist or do you simply Lack Common Sense?...

peace...

Classic.

peace...

peace...

This case was not about whether he lit his cellmate on fire it's about whether or not he killed the liquor clerk.

It's that simple.

peace...

This case was not about whether he lit his cellmate on fire it's about whether or not he killed the liquor clerk.

It's that simple.

It was Allowed to be Entered into this Case and is Clearly Relevant...

Why he wasn't Executed for that or how he was EVER let out of Prison after it is the Real Question.

peace...

Bush could have killed seven children with an ax during a drunken rage and when it hit the news, the cons would have been all over the media for reporting it.

Aren't you folks the least bit concerned about credibility?

Prosecutors also hammered on Jones' brutal past. While serving a 21-year prison sentence in Kansas, he poured a flammable liquid on his cellmate and set him on fire, killing him.

^mal shit. He allegedly did that.

This is a cautionary tale of the government overreaching itself. The death penalty is nothing more than big brother at his finest.

And that includes Dubya.

Bush could have killed seven children with an ax during a drunken rage and when it hit the news, the cons would have been all over the media for reporting it.

Eat a Bag of Cock. :thup:

Get back to me when you want to Discuss the OP, Shit for Breath.

peace...

"Eat a bag of cock"? "Shit for breath"?

Golly, sure looks like you won that intellectual point. :lol:

Eat a Bag of Cock. :thup:

Get back to me when you want to Discuss the OP, Shit for Breath.

peace...

"Eat a bag of cock"? "Shit for breath"?

Golly, sure looks like you won that intellectual point. :lol:
In case you missed it, mal likes to talk about all things gay.

Why does Kansas allow inmates to have flammable liquid and matches?

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Why does Kansas allow inmates to have flammable liquid and matches?

It's Standard Issue in Kansas... Don't ya Know?... In ALL Cells.

I'm Certainly it wasn't Smuggled in there without Knowledge of the Warden.

peace...

Been watching the show "Lock Up" alot. Prisons are hellholes..and hate factories.

His celly could have raped him.

Which would make sense..that he was set on fire.

:rofl:

Stop, yer Killin' me!...

peace...

I agree with Sallow that circumstances ARE IMPORTANT to know...

I agree with Fathertime, that what he alledgedly did to his room mate is irrelevant, an innocent man could have been killed by the State....there would have been "reasonable doubt" if the hair found on the victim and the dna tests done on that hair, would have been done.

I don't agree with you Mal that the AP was necessarily blaming bush, it sounds like they were putting the blame on the subordinates that NEVER TOLD Bush about the hair?

Care

Forum List

Back