AP: Half of U.S. pays no federal income tax

No, you tax high incomes because you want to prevent them from accumulating wealth, and take their money and give it to losers.

At least be honest.
Will you please stop with the partisan nonsense?

It's NOT taxes......

It's money they take from you, then keep!

C'mon now....

The government does not exist to dictate what you should get paid as a result of your efforts, experience, training, etc.... that is YOUR personal responsibility

And what government should be doing is treating everyone equally... not playing Robin Hood

Government exists to promote the general welfare. That requires equitable tax policies. Equitable does not necessarily mean equal tax rates.

This is classic redistribution of wealth.
Take from those who have, give to those who have not. In the end, the only people who have anything are corrupt government officials.
:rolleyes:

So you're okay with giving the majority of the income you earn to the government?
You're A-ok with the government telling you what you may and may not purchase with your money (what's left of it)?

I wonder how you'll feel about that when you aren't able to provide your kid using the money you have actually earned..because that money is taken from you.

The government does not exist to dictate what you should get paid as a result of your efforts, experience, training, etc.... that is YOUR personal responsibility

And what government should be doing is treating everyone equally... not playing Robin Hood

Government exists to promote the general welfare. That requires equitable tax policies. Equitable does not necessarily mean equal tax rates.

Try and understand the difference between 'the general welfare f the United States' and individual welfare and entitlement programs...

And yet another winger in support of only SELECTIVE equality... so typical of the far left

Crawl back under your rock, ignorant troll

Shocking isn't it?

Apparently our government understands that it cannot squeeze blood out of a stone.

Of course the solution to this problem is to see to it that the bottom half of the working class get paid enough money that they DO have to pay taxes.

But that takes a vibrant economy where workers actually make a living wage doesn't it?

So basically what we find here is that the very people who are fortunate enough to make enough money that they pay taxes are bitching that too many of the working class that they employ don't make enough money to pay taxes.

Now, whose fault is that?

The working class who don't pay taxes?

Or the management class who does?

You'll excuse me, perhaps, if I'm less than sympathetic to the whining of that class of taxpayers.

They'd have more to offer in wages if the federal government wasn't robbing them blind and making unpaid nannies out of them. They'd also be obligated to compete for workers if the government wasn't allowing a giant alternative labor pool in the form of illegal aliens.

All you idiots have managed to do with your political manipulations is destroy the part-time work that supplemented family incomes and taught our teenagers the value of a dollar.

Last edited:

Not nonsense.

It's in the Preamble.

Again... try and understand the difference between 'the general welfare of the united states' and personal welfare and entitlement programs

The framers never intended to government to play robin hood

The Constitutional Dictionary - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Quit while you are behind, idiot

What preamble is Joe referring to?
I don't see anywhere in the preamble where it says the government is authorized to take from the moderately well off and give to the poor.

Its a sad reflection on how little money 50% of Americans make.

Try and understand the difference between 'the general welfare f the United States' and individual welfare and entitlement programs...

And yet another winger in support of only SELECTIVE equality... so typical of the far left

Try again, dumbass.

Promoting individual welfare does promote the general welfare. We can't be healthy and prosperous as a nation if we're a significant portion of us are poor and sick.

Again... try and understand the difference between 'the general welfare of the united states' and personal welfare and entitlement programs

The framers never intended to government to play robin hood

The Constitutional Dictionary - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Quit while you are behind, idiot

Try again, dumbass.

Your link is an unsupported assertion. Make an argument or concede the point.

Its a sad reflection on how little money 50% of Americans make.

I see it as a great reflection on how well Americans can do financially in this great country.
You frown on the successful and pity the poor.
I admire the successful and ask the poor to strive to be like them.
I did and it worked for me. I know many who did and many who ahceived great success.

Classic example:
Men in the hood strive to be like Mike. And the most dedicated to their cause get a free education.

Try again, dumbass.

Promoting individual welfare does promote the general welfare. We can't be healthy and prosperous as a nation if we're a significant portion of us are poor and sick.

Try again dumbass... it's not hard to research what was meant with the statement of promoting the general welfare or providing for the general welfare of the United States...

Robbing the wealth of Canada and redistributing it among US citizens would promote the general welfare as well.. it does not give the government the authority to do such a thing

You also make the mistake of tying individual well being with the well being of the populace and citizenry as a whole

You are not owed jack shit for your personal well being or to take care of your personal responsibilities at the expense of the government or any other citizen...

Forum List

Back