AP Feels that Tea Partiers "Hate" the Capital of this Republic...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Tea party ending tour in capital it loves to hate

By CALVIN WOODWARD
Associated Press Writer Apr 15, 1:26 PM EDT

WASHINGTON (AP) - Tea party activists rallied in the capital they love to hate on Thursday, carrying signs that read "Don't Tread on Me" and "Follow the Constitution." The close of their spirited cross-country tour fell on tax day, a dark marker for the conservative anti-tax movement.

Plainview Daily Herald > AP Headlines

I was Unaware that they "Hated" the REPUBLIC's Capital...

MeThinks AP is Opining on the "News" Wire again...

:)

peace...

Tea party ending tour in capital it loves to hate

By CALVIN WOODWARD
Associated Press Writer Apr 15, 1:26 PM EDT

WASHINGTON (AP) - Tea party activists rallied in the capital they love to hate on Thursday, carrying signs that read "Don't Tread on Me" and "Follow the Constitution." The close of their spirited cross-country tour fell on tax day, a dark marker for the conservative anti-tax movement.

Plainview Daily Herald > AP Headlines

I was Unaware that they "Hated" the REPUBLIC's Capital...

MeThinks AP is Opining on the "News" Wire again...

peace...

It's an example of how they love to misapply/confuse metaphors when it hurt the right. To hate (Hate? hatred? a strong word to use, but it serves their purpose) the ways of Washington is the same as "hating Washington".
Thinking people are onto it for what it is: disinformation, pure and simple.

Trust your feelings, but not too much. Because thats the path of the Dark Side.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Umm, I believe the "hating Washington" line was figurative, not literal.

As in "I hate Washington, those politicians and bureaucrats are all a bunch of crooks".

As exemplified in the first line of the article:

Tea party protesters marked tax day Thursday with exhortations against "gangster government"

Are they inaccurate in this assessment?

Last edited:
I don't hate Washington or the people who are employed there. I don't like what they are doing with my country but there is no hate involved.

I don't hate Washington or the people who are employed there. I don't like what they are doing with my country but there is no hate involved.

Understood, though I notice you seem to use less hyperbole than some of your fellow right-wingers.

Understood, though I notice you seem to use less hyperbole than some of your fellow right-wingers.

You want to be Directly Lumped in with Bill Ayers?... A "Fellow Left-Winger", I would Assume...

peace...

You want to be Directly Lumped in with Bill Ayers?... A "Fellow Left-Winger", I would Assume...

peace...

I would not, I was saying that Ollie seemed more level-headed than some of the folks on the right-hand side of the fence as far as hyperbole is concerned.

Thus implying that there are many levels of grey from the center to the extreme.

And speaking of which, here's Willow to represent the other end of the extremist spectrum..

Forum List

Back