AP fact checks liberal claims about their wealth envy

Historical Top Tax Rate

what was Americas best economic times?

What were the top tax rates in those years?

goat.jpg

92% to 70% during our most prosperous times folks.

Right before the crash of 1929 they lowered them way low and look what we got.

Bush lowered them and look what we got.

eHow is an online how-to guide with more than 1 million articles and 170,000 videos offering step-by-step instructions. eHow articles and videos are created by freelancers[2] and cover a wide variety of topics organized into a hierarchy of categories. Any eHow user can leave comments or responses, but only contracted writers can contribute changes to articles. The writers work on a freelance basis, being paid by article.

eHow is an online how-to guide with more than 1 million articles and 170,000 videos offering step-by-step instructions. eHow articles and videos are created by freelancers[2] and cover a wide variety of topics organized into a hierarchy of categories. Any eHow user can leave comments or responses, but only contracted writers can contribute changes to articles. The writers work on a freelance basis, being paid by article.

From Your Own link...
Search engine DuckDuckGo's CEO Gabriel Weinberg has criticized eHow, along with other Demand Media websites, labeling the company a "content mill," because of the website's search engine driven content, low article quality and low writer salaries. DuckDuckGo filters out eHow content because of Weinberg's perception that Demand Media produces low-quality content designed specifically to rank highly in Google Searches for the purposes of promoting advertising.[4]

Another search engine, Blekko also regards eHow as spam, blacklists the site and filters eHow results out.[5]

Wired magazine has also criticized eHow and Demand Media, calling their content: "slapdash" and a "factory stamping out moneymaking content"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From Your Own link...
Search engine DuckDuckGo's CEO Gabriel Weinberg has criticized eHow, along with other Demand Media websites, labeling the company a "content mill," because of the website's search engine driven content, low article quality and low writer salaries. DuckDuckGo filters out eHow content because of Weinberg's perception that Demand Media produces low-quality content designed specifically to rank highly in Google Searches for the purposes of promoting advertising.[4]

Another search engine, Blekko also regards eHow as spam, blacklists the site and filters eHow results out.[5]

Wired magazine has also criticized eHow and Demand Media, calling their content: "slapdash" and a "factory stamping out moneymaking content"

LMAO!

It's akin to:

Point gun at foot, aim gun at foot, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand FIRE!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You should actually read the article. It doesn't just talk about the percentage of total taxes paid, it also talks about the percentage of income paid in taxes.

So it did. I responded to the section quoted, which did contain the fallacy I mentioned, and that fallacy is often used for deceptive purposes (in many cases, I'm convinced, by those who don't understand it).

I remain convinced, of course, that 1) the rich SHOULD pay a higher percentage of their income than the non-rich, and that 2) currently they're paying too little. And a response about what a large share of federal income tax is paid by rich people does not address that. The reason they do, is because they take an obscene share of the income, and low taxes on the rich is part of the reason why.

It's nice that you have an opinion about taxes but the OP was addressing a specific claim - that the rich supposedly pay a lower rate of taxes than their secretaries. The OP wasn't addressing your opinion; it was addressing the facts of the tax structure.

From Your Own link...

LMAO!

It's akin to:

Point gun at foot, aim gun at foot, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand FIRE!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't you just love how she only reads the first paragraph of her links, without bothering to read the rest to see if it might come back and bite her in the ass??

I have asked you several times to provide a more recent poll, showing Obama is more trusted on the deficit.
Can you... or can you not?

It's a fairly simple question TM.. even one with your limited mental faculties should be able to answer it.

I made no such claim so why should I have to provide you with anything llike that?

I have asked you several times to provide a more recent poll, showing Obama is more trusted on the deficit.

It's a fairly simple question TM.. even one with your limited mental faculties should be able to answer it.

eHow & wikipedia, the 2 giants of credible sources.

Perhaps you'd like this better:

Historical Top Tax Rate

(Or maybe not. ;))

Note this.

The income tax rate was consistently low before the Great Depression, except during the World War I years and for a few years thereafter to help pay down the war debt.

The tax rate was raised to 63% in 1932 under President Hoover in an attempt to balance the budget. (Hoover also cut spending which was a bad idea.) (Roosevelt did the same thing in 1936, when it was still a bad idea. But I'm digressing.)

The rate remained high throughout the Depression but really soared during World War II, reaching a high of 94% in 1945. It remained in the 80s to 90s from then until 1964, when it dropped into the 70s. It remained at 70% or higher until 1981, when Reagan pushed a cut to 50% through Congress. The really big change came in 1986, when Reagan introduced the tax system reform that flattened the tax brackets while cutting out some deductions and raising the payroll tax. The net effects of this were 1) putting more of the tax burden on those of lower income and less on the very wealthy, and 2) eliminating the preference in the tax code for investment in job-creating activities, which began the switch to investing in financial shell-games.

Changes to the top tax rate since 1986 have been only tinkering around the margins. The rate has ranged from a high of 39.6% during the Clinton years (still much, much lower than in the past) to a low of 35% today. The tax system we have is still essentially that of Reagan.

A final note:

Measured by annual average growth in per capita real GDP, the years from 1940 to 1980 -- featuring very high top marginal tax rates -- outperformed the years from 1900 to 1940 and those from 1980 to the present alike by more than two to one.

Conclusion: high top marginal taxes do not hurt the economy and may well help it.

The OPs article did not prove their numbers were real.

They sourced nothing and I cant find the CBO article the clown states to have pulled his numbers from.

I checked the fact about a certain bracket paying 15% and the info I found and posted said that bracket paid 25 NOT 15%

Historical Top Tax Rate

what was Americas best economic times?

What were the top tax rates in those years?

WHY would I go on a search at your demand when I made no claim about those numbers?

If you want to find the numbers go ahead.

I have NO responsibility to find sources for you just because you demand them of me.

Exactly.

Obama and Buffet are blatantly lying straight in the faces of the american people.

Obama clearly stated the other day that Buffet's secretary pays a higher rate of income tax.....It's a flat out lie.

It's a blatant attempt to deceive, by using false hyperbole.......And it's quite interesting to see his base buying into the BS, to the point one poster up here thinks those with an income of a million dollars or more should cough up 50%.

Idiots!

Forum List

Back