AP fact checks liberal claims about their wealth envy

where did this fool site the CBO?

I quoted it in the original post but I'll do it for you again haha.

The 10 percent of households with the highest incomes pay more than half of all federal taxes. They pay more than 70 percent of federal income taxes, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

The top 10% pay a disproportionately high percentage of total tax because they make a disprortionately high percentage of wages. Even if we had a flat tax with no deductions, with income disparity as it is, you would still see statistics such as those; The owners of this country would still take those statistics out of context; and chances are, you'd still fall for it.

Do you take my word for it, or must I break it down mathematically for a third time?

yeah but the PRESIDENT and numerous idiots like yourself DO in fact make the claim that the poor or "middle class" pay more which is simply not true.
I think what's being said most often is that some of the wealthiest Americans are able to exploit loopholes, credits and the lower tax rate associated with unearned income to pay a lower overall rate than others.

that's just a simple fact. It's how Theresa Heinz Kerry payed 12% on tens of millions of dollars.
Does Heinz-Kerry get refunds?:eusa_whistle:

On average, the wealthiest people in America pay a lot more taxes than the middle class or the poor, according to private and government data. They pay at a higher rate, and as a group, they contribute a much larger share of the overall taxes collected by the federal government.
The 10 percent of households with the highest incomes pay more than half of all federal taxes. They pay more than 70 percent of federal income taxes, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

FACT CHECK: Are rich taxed less than secretaries? - Yahoo! News

They don't say anything about the top 400 - who paid an average of 17% last year.

And Warren Buffet stills pay tax at a lower rate than his secretary. His secretary is probably well paid - after all, Buffet needs the best he can get and can afford it - but since her income is "ordinary income" it is taxed at a higher rate that most of Buffet's income.

I personally think all income above 1 mil should be taxed at 50% minus whatever you pay in state and local taxes on it.
50%?......Do you not understand what that will do to investment and job growth?

Lunatics!:cuckoo:

Percentage of Taxes Paid by Income Level | eHow.com

Tax Percentage Brackets

The federal tax bracket percentage is the rate each taxpayer will pay on the last dollar they earn in the fiscal year. Six tax percentage brackets exist, applied to different levels of income. The dollar amounts in each bracket get updated annually to reflect inflation. For taxpayers with a filing status of single for the year 2011, the lowest tax bracket is 10 percent, and it is applied to taxable income from $0 to $8,500. The 15 percent bracket applies to income between $8,500 and $34,500; the 25 percent bracket covers income between $34,500 and $83,600; the 28 percent tax bracket covers taxable income from $83,600 to $174,400; the 33 percent bracket applies to taxable income from $174,400 to $379,150 and finally, the 35 percent bracket applies to taxable income from $379,150 and above.

Read more: Percentage of Taxes Paid by Income Level | eHow.com Percentage of Taxes Paid by Income Level | eHow.com

real facts.

On average, the wealthiest people in America pay a lot more taxes than the middle class or the poor, according to private and government data. They pay at a higher rate, and as a group, they contribute a much larger share of the overall taxes collected by the federal government.

FACT CHECK: Are rich taxed less than secretaries? - Yahoo! News

Households making between $50,000 and $75,000 will pay an average of 15 percent of their income in federal taxes.

Lies in the article

Tax Percentage Brackets

The federal tax bracket percentage is the rate each taxpayer will pay on the last dollar they earn in the fiscal year. Six tax percentage brackets exist, applied to different levels of income. The dollar amounts in each bracket get updated annually to reflect inflation. For taxpayers with a filing status of single for the year 2011, the lowest tax bracket is 10 percent, and it is applied to taxable income from $0 to $8,500. The 15 percent bracket applies to income between $8,500 and $34,500; the 25 percent bracket covers income between $34,500 and $83,600; the 28 percent tax bracket covers taxable income from $83,600 to $174,400; the 33 percent bracket applies to taxable income from $174,400 to $379,150 and finally, the 35 percent bracket applies to taxable income from $379,150 and above.

Read more: Percentage of Taxes Paid by Income Level | eHow.com Percentage of Taxes Paid by Income Level | eHow.com

real facts.

I have asked you several times to provide a more recent poll, showing Obama is more trusted on the deficit.
Can you... or can you not?

It's a fairly simple question TM.. even one with your limited mental faculties should be able to answer it.

Households making between $50,000 and $75,000 will pay an average of 15 percent of their income in federal taxes.

Lies in the article

I have asked you several times to provide a more recent poll, showing Obama is more trusted on the deficit.

It's a fairly simple question TM.. even one with your limited mental faculties should be able to answer it.

They don't say anything about the top 400 - who paid an average of 17% last year.

And Warren Buffet stills pay tax at a lower rate than his secretary. His secretary is probably well paid - after all, Buffet needs the best he can get and can afford it - but since her income is "ordinary income" it is taxed at a higher rate that most of Buffet's income.

I personally think all income above 1 mil should be taxed at 50% minus whatever you pay in state and local taxes on it.
50%?......Do you not understand what that will do to investment and job growth?

Lunatics!:cuckoo:

what was the top tax rates under reagan?

Tax Percentage Brackets

real facts.

Provide me a certificate of live birth for yourself because I think you were born braindead.

I never claimed that that Obama has higher deficit reduction numbers.

Go get the numbers yourself

real facts.

Provide me a certificate of live birth for yourself because I think you were born braindead.

real facts.

goatcharacterbf01.gif

HE FUCKING LIED about the tax bracket.

That was his first "fact" written in the article.

they guy is a lying sack of partisan turds

What do you think the average is that people in that income bracket pay in federal income taxes?

And I a not interested in hearing what the tax rate is for that income bracket, rather what is actually paid after deductions are taken. That is called the 'effective' tax and 15% sounds just about right to me.

You people have nothing do you?

Silly tricks of deversion and derision.

Those pesky facts you can never get right will not win you any votes

Forum List

Back