AP 'Fact Checking' Obama's Promises On Health Care and More

Electioneering and failing to enact many of the the items in the "Contract With America" followed by 6 years of egregious overspending with a Republican President shows that the whole thing was a farce. It's why they lost in 2006 and it's why the only reason the GOP has a chance to retake the House is because of Republican candidates who are distinctly NOT like the GOP leadership.

And where does this leave the FARCE of Compassionate Conservatism...when it makes the GOP look like Statists? That just set back the GOP when they lost touch with the Constitution...and looked like fucking politicians disconnected from the people.

Yup.

Good slogan and good marketing. Bad implementation of Keynesian economics, which is flawed anyway.

Although I have to correct you, it didn't make the GOP "look" like Statists, it confirmed that they actually were.

I gladly sit here corrected.

Regards,

~T

It wasn't trying to play the game. It was actually believing anyone could work succesfully with the Democrats to do anything other than be their fall guys. The Democrats repeatedly made agreements and then turned around and screwed the GOP, screaming how the GOP were tricksters. They are the North Koreans of the US political scene.

Which is why opposing all tax increases was the only way to go, unless Boehner actually think it's best to raise taxes on some people - in which case he needs to lose this fall or change his party designation.

Did you actually see what he said?

Why I don't like the idea of 'federal health care.'

Until a month ago, I've always had insurance. With the loss of my job in June, gone. I can't afford the COBRA, but then again, I haven't been able to afford meeting the deductible for quite awhile.

Today I called one of the schools where I applied for the sub list, they need my 'physical and TB results.' So called the County health department and was referred to a site that does medical care on sliding scale. It's only going to cost me $30. If under my insurance, much more, but I'd have to pay all unless I'd met the deductible.

With programs like this, the county can watch for abuse, by user and provider. On the federal level? They pay thousands for toilet seats.

It is all about framing the discussions and making the appearance of working for the public. These guys ALL care more about how things look than what the public wants or needs.

:eek:

I thought Clinton was the only "Pander Bear."

Anyone that works in any capacity for the public cares more about their appearance than reality: It is the Curse of Democracy.

The media is their best tool. "Locked in Battle," "Fighting hard for X," "laboring over the bill," "Hard at work," etc.

Until a month ago, I've always had insurance. With the loss of my job in June, gone. I can't afford the COBRA, but then again, I haven't been able to afford meeting the deductible for quite awhile.

Today I called one of the schools where I applied for the sub list, they need my 'physical and TB results.' So called the County health department and was referred to a site that does medical care on sliding scale. It's only going to cost me $30. If under my insurance, much more, but I'd have to pay all unless I'd met the deductible.

With programs like this, the county can watch for abuse, by user and provider. On the federal level? They pay thousands for toilet seats.

Can you afford to pay 50% of your medical bills? Actual needed treatments I mean.

Can you afford to pay 50% of your medical bills? Actual needed treatments I mean.

See here's the thing, at a local level between government and gifts people stand a chance, so they may once again get a job. Put it on federal level, total dependence. Look at Britain:

1.5m Britons haven't had a job since they left school | Mail Online

By James Chapman
Last updated at 8:03 AM on 14th September 2010

Almost 1.5 million people in Britain have never done a day’s work in their lives, official figures reveal.
The total includes around 800,000 aged between 25 and 64 who have never had a job of any kind.

A further 600,000, aged under 25, are not in education or training of any sort.
The figures will fuel fears that governments have cultivated a ‘Shameless’ generation...

See here's the thing, at a local level between government and gifts people stand a chance, so they may once again get a job.

That wasn't my question. I was concerned about your health since you lost your job. Lets try it again.

"Can you afford to pay 50% of your medical bills? Actual needed treatments I mean."

PM me if you wish.

See here's the thing, at a local level between government and gifts people stand a chance, so they may once again get a job.

That wasn't my question. I was concerned about your health since you lost your job. Lets try it again.

"Can you afford to pay 50% of your medical bills? Actual needed treatments I mean."

PM me if you wish.

No pms needed. I don't wish to go in depth on my financials. In general terms. No, I cannot make my mortgage, bills, food.

I've over 150 apps out there now, once the physical thing is done tomorrow, hopefully I'll be subbing and making some $$.

PM me if you wish.

No pms needed. I don't wish to go in depth on my financials. In general terms. No, I cannot make my mortgage, bills, food.

I've over 150 apps out there now, once the physical thing is done tomorrow, hopefully I'll be subbing and making some $$.

They have some collectives for about $20. a month, that have their hooks in various doctors in the field chiropractic, dental, medical, pharmacy, and using their doctors you pay about 50% for your medical needs. It is not insurance, it is a collective that has the resources of where to go in your area. Might help after you get back to work. Have you considered working at home on the internet? Have any html skills for webpage design or placing ads for Google & others? Have you considered starting a small business using the SBA? jus saying, might help ya.:eusa_angel:

PM me if you wish.

They have some collectives for about $20. a month, that have their hooks in various doctors in the field chiropractic, dental, medical, pharmacy, and using their doctors you pay about 50% for your medical needs. It is not insurance, it is a collective that has the resources of where to go in your area. Might help after you get back to work. Have you considered working at home on the internet? Have any html skills for webpage design or placing ads for Google & others? Have you considered starting a small business using the SBA? jus saying, might help ya.:eusa_angel:

Thank you. Seriously. Seems only best of intentions. We may disagree on how, but seems we both want to get as many as possible covered.

I'm very lucky, if I don't find a way, I've family and friends that would.

Here's the thing that probably separates us, I want for everyone to do their damnedest to not need help, but if they do, fall back on family and friends/community first.

Forum List

Back