AP Exclusive: Video shows chicks ground up alive

Throwing them into a grinder seems cruel, but it probably is quick. Chickens aren't the brightest of animals, so I'm not certain I'm going to get too upset over this one. That being said, I think we do have an obligation to treat the animals we eat with a bit of respect. Reducing the pain of their death should be a reasonable objective for anyone who has any compassion at all. Unfortunately, we get those from one end of the spectrum who whine about it when we kill Bambi for dinner, and then others who work in some of these processing plants who are beyond cruel to the animals in their care.

Throwing them into a grinder seems cruel, but it probably is quick. Chickens aren't the brightest of animals, so I'm not certain I'm going to get too upset over this one. That being said, I think we do have an obligation to treat the animals we eat with a bit of respect. Reducing the pain of their death should be a reasonable objective for anyone who has any compassion at all. Unfortunately, we get those from one end of the spectrum who whine about it when we kill Bambi for dinner, and then others who work in some of these processing plants who are beyond cruel to the animals in their care.

The standard for the kind of conditions our animals live in, how they are treated and the way they are killed should be equal to or superior than kosher law. No kosher animal is treated in the deplorable conditions these poor baby chickens were treated in. This is beyond disgusting - I don't care how long it takes to die - it's fucking disgusting that there are human beings that would treat animals like this.

The 1st time I killed an animal I threw up.

I can do it now, if it's for a good reason, but senseless killing still makes me feel ill.

It's sad to me that something better can't be done with these unwanted animals.

Forum List

Back