AP Bias shines through again on Discovery "Gunman"...

Paragraph 2...
The FBI tentatively identified the pilot as Joseph Stack. A federal law official said investigators were looking at a long anti-government screed and farewell note that he apparently posted on the Web earlier in the day as an explanation for what he was about to do.

Why doesn't the AP story about the Discovery HT mention his manifesto?

Got to go to FoxNews for that...go figure.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Disc...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Suspect in Maryland hostage situation... - Google News

FOXNews.com - Gunman's Environmental Grudges Well Known Before Discovery Channel Hostage Standoff

Last edited:

Paragraph 2...

The FBI tentatively identified the pilot as Joseph Stack. A federal law official said investigators were looking at a long anti-government screed and farewell note that he apparently posted on the Web earlier in the day as an explanation for what he was about to do.

FOXNews.com - Gunman's Environmental Grudges Well Known Before Discovery Channel Hostage Standoff

:lol: I guess that proves they are biased.
:rofl:

Were you trying to prove something?

Paragraph 2...

:lol: I guess that proves they are biased.
:rofl:

If you can't see that, I can't help you.

It is the AP's job to report ALL the news, not just the part they want to report.

Yes, the HT was upset by "the environmental programming" but that statement in itself is misleading...by linking to or quoting his "manifesto", of which they are surely aware unless they are the most incompetent news agency on earth, they would immediately clarify that misleading statement...can't have that.

Didn't read the link did you?
A lengthy posting that could be seen Wednesday on a website registered to Lee said Discovery and its affiliates should stop "encouraging the birth of any more parasitic human infants," a possible reference to shows like "Kate Plus 8" and "19 Kids and Counting." Instead, he said, the network should air "programs encouraging human sterilization and infertility."

as stunned that Lee's manifesto advocated things like human sterilization and an end to farming, ideas Quinn said he would never support.

as stunned that Lee's manifesto advocated things like human sterilization and an end to farming, ideas Quinn said he would never support.
I guess they did. :lol:

Didn't read the link did you?
A lengthy posting that could be seen Wednesday on a website registered to Lee said Discovery and its affiliates should stop "encouraging the birth of any more parasitic human infants," a possible reference to shows like "Kate Plus 8" and "19 Kids and Counting." Instead, he said, the network should air "programs encouraging human sterilization and infertility."
I guess they did. :lol:
they changed the story

Sep 2, 1:39 AM EDT

so they DIDNT but now HAVE

btw, thanks for making me go look again
i would never have caught that

I first saw this on the CBS evening news, they mentioned the man changed when he watched Al Gore's movie. Like I said, sometimes people see what they want.

Police kill gunman who held 3 at Discovery Channel

By SARAH BRUMFIELD
Associated Press Writer Sep 1, 11:34 PM EDT

SILVER SPRING, Md. (AP) -- A man who railed against the Discovery Channel's environmental programming for years burst into the company's headquarters with at least one explosive device strapped to his body Wednesday and took three people hostage at gunpoint before police shot him to death, officials said.

---

It's 10PM Mountain Standard Time... What this guy did and why has been CRYSTAL Clear for most of the Afterlunch...

Yet the AP has to be Painfully Dishonest...

First of all, the Headline doesn't tell you he's a Leftist Environmental Activist who Follows algore...

And WORSE, the First Paragraph is so Unclear that you could take it either way...

He could be a Rightwinger Attacking Discovery for being too Evironmentalist...

Read it again...

If the AP had ANY Shame.

Had this been a Rightwinger of ANY Stripe their Agenda and the Right would have been the Focus...

Yet another Day and another Painfully Biased Wire Story.

Are you implying that AP is biased because they did not refer to the guy as a "leftist environmental activist"? In fact, I would say that it is UNbiased reporting, as they are reporting only the facts.

I'm interested in seeing how they have reported differently on stories in the past, where a right winger was the perpetrator. Since you are the expert on AP stories, would you be willing to find one for me?

It's their way of declaring there's no connection between his leftist views and his actions.

Which would be fine, except it's withholding information, as it is relevant in this case, and they focus on the political leanings of any criminal they think is a rightwinger.

They do it in other ways, too....never referring to the rioters in France as ISLAMIC when they were tearing the place apart....it's withholding information in these instances because the motivation behind the behavior stems directly from the philosophy of the criminals. It's not like they made it a secret. But the reporter doesn't want people to know that.

It's dishonest reporting. It's why I'm not a reporter. I can't stomach it. And while often the journalists themselves are honest, I have yet to meet an honest copyeditor....

By SARAH BRUMFIELD

SILVER SPRING, Md. (AP) -- A man who railed against the Discovery Channel's environmental programming for years burst into the company's headquarters with at least one explosive device strapped to his body Wednesday and took three people hostage at gunpoint before police shot him to death, officials said.

---

It's 10PM Mountain Standard Time... What this guy did and why has been CRYSTAL Clear for most of the Afterlunch...

First of all, the Headline doesn't tell you he's a Leftist Environmental Activist who Follows algore...

And WORSE, the First Paragraph is so Unclear that you could take it either way...

Read it again...

If the AP had ANY Shame.

Had this been a Rightwinger of ANY Stripe their Agenda and the Right would have been the Focus...

Are you implying that AP is biased because they did not refer to the guy as a "leftist environmental activist"? In fact, I would say that it is UNbiased reporting, as they are reporting only the facts.

I'm interested in seeing how they have reported differently on stories in the past, where a right winger was the perpetrator. Since you are the expert on AP stories, would you be willing to find one for me?

It's their way of declaring there's no connection between his leftist views and his actions.

Which would be fine, except it's withholding information, as it is relevant in this case, and they focus on the political leanings of any criminal they think is a rightwinger.

They do it in other ways, too....never referring to the rioters in France as ISLAMIC when they were tearing the place apart....it's withholding information in these instances because the motivation behind the behavior stems directly from the philosophy of the criminals. It's not like they made it a secret. But the reporter doesn't want people to know that.

It's dishonest reporting. It's why I'm not a reporter. I can't stomach it. And while often the journalists themselves are honest, I have yet to meet an honest copyeditor....
The AP was very clear on what he stood for.

He was a deranged lunatic. Are you guys seriously suggesting he was a liberal because an Al Gore movie influenced him in some unfathomable way? Is there an anti-human plank of liberalism I'm unaware of?

I'm more alarmed at vague reporting on whether he targeted the day care center or its employees. This nut seemed to seriously hate babies.

By SARAH BRUMFIELD

---

Read it again...

If the AP had ANY Shame.

:)

peace...
mal, I just want you to know...when you finally loose that last marble and blow something up, I will be here to express fauxrage at how you are reported in the AP.

:thup:

So, last night on channel 4, they said that Lee was known to Discovery Channel and that there had been a restraining order in place on him to stay away from Discovery HQ while he was on probation for a disrupting the peace conviction during his last Discovery Channel protest. His probation ended two weeks ago, according to channel 4 last night. (ETA: The WaPo discusses that, here...I hate posting no links.)

As Lee was a known entity to Discovery, how did he even get past the guard there? That seemed odd to me while I was watching it last night.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back