AP Attempts to Pitch for ObamaCare again using it's Wire as a Mule

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Americans’ job satisfaction falls to record low
Economists warn discontent could stifle innovation, hurt U.S. productivity

updated 1 hour, 14 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) - We can't get no job satisfaction.

(I will go ahead and Blame this on the Baby Boom and it's 2nd Generation of Offspring... Not that the First was so Great, but that 2nd Brood of Bastards is a Whiney, Self-Involved, Lazy Lot with a Seriously Misplaced Sense of Entitlement. - tha malcontent)

Even Americans who are lucky enough to have work in this economy are becoming more unhappy with their jobs, according to a new survey that found only 45 percent of Americans are satisfied with their work.

(Lucky enough?... 90% of Americans are Employed, People. This ain't the Great Depression... It's Certainly NOT any Worse than it was during the Misery Index of Carter that Ushered in that Recession... What was that Unemployment Rate again at it's Peak? - tha malcontent)

That was the lowest level ever recorded by the Conference Board research group in more than 22 years of studying the issue. In 2008, 49 percent of those surveyed reported satisfaction with their jobs.

(Well, we didn't have this Data during Carter, but again, we had the Misery Index... And People were ****ing Miserable in the Final 2 Years of Carter, and with 2 to 3 Years of that Misery, Over 10% of Americans were Unemployed... Just like Today... Get over yourselves already. People are "Lucky" enough to have Jobs yet are Bitching about how bad it is to have to Work... It's called Work for a Reason... Grow up and get a Helmet. - tha malcontent)

The drop in workers' happiness can be partly blamed on the worst recession since the 1930s, which made it difficult for some people to find challenging and suitable jobs. But worker dissatisfaction has been on the rise for more than two decades.

(Keep saying "the Worst Recession since the 1930's" while you Ignore that Unemployment, Inflation and the Standard of Living was WORSE during the Carter/Reagan Recession... And yeah, I Know Technically the "Recession" didn't Start until Shortly after Reagan took the Oath, but if you are going to Deny the Rapid Job Losses of the Final Years of Carter as a Contributing Factor, and his Policies, then you are Delusional. - tha malcontent)

"It says something troubling about work in America. It is not about the business cycle or one grumpy generation," says Linda Barrington, managing director of human capital at the Conference Board, who helped write the report, which was released Tuesday.

Workers have grown steadily more unhappy for a variety of reasons:

Fewer workers consider their jobs to be interesting.

Incomes have not kept up with inflation.

The soaring cost of health insurance has eaten into workers' take-home pay.

(Well, there ya have it, Kids... This Story is little More than yet another in a LONG Line of the AP's "Universal Healthcare will Fix EVERYTHING!... Hell, it may even Cure Global Warming... Err, Climate Change!" - tha malcontent)

If the job satisfaction trend is not reversed, economists say, it could stifle innovation and hurt America's competitiveness and productivity. And it could make unhappy older workers less inclined to take the time to share their knowledge and skills with younger workers.

Nate Carrasco, 26, of Odessa, Texas, says he's been pretty unhappy in most of his jobs, including his current one at an auto parts store.

"There is no sense of teamwork in most places any more," Carrasco gripes.

(Really?... You are 26-years-old... When was all of this Sense of Teamwork?... Back in 1998 when you were 16? How does the AP take itself Seriously anymore? - tha malcontent)

When the Conference Board's first survey was conducted in 1987, most workers — 61 percent — said they were happy in their jobs. The survey of 5,000 households was conducted for the Conference Board by TNS, a global market research company.

(Keep in Mind, this is 4 Years AFTER the Carter/Reagan Recession had Ended and we were in a BOOM Time. Of course People were Happy, they Thought the Malaise would NEVER End. By the time Reagan Left Office the Unemployment Rate had Improved from over 10% DOWN to 5%ish. Can Barry Accomplish the same with his Possible 8 Years?... Not Following the Policies of Carter that Ushered that Era in, he can't. - tha malcontent)

One clue that may explain workers' growing dissatisfaction: Only 51 percent now find their jobs interesting — another low in the survey's 22 years. In 1987, nearly 70 percent said they were interested in their work.

(For the Love of God, you Whiney Bastards!... "My Job's just not Interesting!"... Well maybe you should've gotten out of your Mother's Basement and gone to School instead of Sucking the Bong Off playing Doom until you were 30 and then wondering why the only place you can work is as a Stocker @ Costco. - tha malcontent)

Workers who find their jobs interesting are more likely to be innovative and to take the calculated risks and the initiative that drive productivity and contribute to economic growth, Barrington says.

(Yeah... And in a Perfect World, that would be just Fine... You Know, the one we DON'T Live in. When you have Generations of People who Expect instead of Do, you get this Kind of Let Down when Real Life sets in. My Dad Worked the Railroad until he Retired and after that continued Working in Meat Shops until he was 76 Years Old... He Lived through the Depression and Knew what it was to DO WITHOUT for REAL. I have been in the Section 8 Housing Projects... Matter of Fact my Wife's 1st Apartment was in one, and they have Big Screens in their Living Rooms and Expensive Wheels on their New Cars. I am so Tired of this "I'm Owed Something" or "I'm Above that" Attitude out of FAR too Many People in this Privileged Society. - tha malcontent)

"What's really disturbing about growing job dissatisfaction is the way it can play into the competitive nature of the U.S. work force down the road and on the growth of the U.S. economy — all in a negative way," says Lynn Franco, another author of the report and director of the Conference Board's Consumer Research Center.

(Chinese Workers Live in Multiple Family Housing and do Without... Americans, even our "Poor", can't Comprehend that Level of Front End Sacrifice... And with Unions Assisting, they can't Comprehend how Scanning an Item at the Grocery Store isn't Really a Skill that Requires $30+ an Hour... Especially when I can Scan my own Groceries in that same Store and NOBODY Pays me a Cent. - tha malcontent)

For More of this Story:

Americans’ job satisfaction falls to record low - Careers- msnbc.com

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back