AP: Are school lunches a national security threat?

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Are school lunches a national security threat?

By MARY CLARE JALONICK
Associated Press Writer Apr 20, 6:42 AM EDT

WASHINGTON (AP) - A group of retired military officers says high-calorie school lunches are threatening national security.

A study by the group Mission: Readiness finds that school lunches are making American kids so fat that fewer of them can meet the military's physical fitness standards. That, in turn, is putting recruitment in jeopardy.

AP News : TheMonitor.com

---

Interesting...

:)

peace...

The officers are pushing for passage of a wide-ranging nutrition bill that aims to make the nation's school lunches healthier.

"There oughta be a Law!"...

The Military Pushing for Healthy Recruits in the Public Schools...

Would LOVE to Hear the Take on this from of the Anti-Military Left.

peace...

School lunches suck, brown bagging is the way to go.

Some People can't Think for themselves or Provide for their Bastard Children...

Uncle Sam is Feeding a LOT of Kids...

And someone's gotta Protect them!...

And the Military is going to do it!

I can't Wait to see Obama's Stamp of Approval on the Military Pushing for Healthier Future Baby Killers! :lol:

peace...

School lunches should consist of sandwiches made of ham or turkey or chicken or roast beef or tuna or egg salad (plus cheese, as desired) or pb&j made on whole wheat bread or rolls, fruit, a bag of chips and milk. Cookies are extra as are Philly soft pretzels. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Last edited:
School lunches should consist of sandwiches made of ham or turkey or chicken or roast beef or tuna or egg salad (plus cheese, as desired) or pb&j made on whole wheat bread or rolls, fruit, a bag of chips and milk. Cookies are extra as are Philly soft pretzels. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Damn, that's Offensively White... :lol:

peace...

crazy_fat_kid.gif

Not exactly Rambo

It isn't the school lunches that are making kids fat. It's the kid's activities - or lack thereof. Instead of getting outside to play baseball, soccer, basketball, hide and seek, dodge ball or whatever, kids today sit inside the house and play video games, watch movies, spend time on texting on cell phones or anything else that doesn't provide the overall exercise that they need. Most kids could eat anything they would want to eat if they would get off of their little "sweet buns" and go outside and play. Fresh air, sunlight and activity. That's what kids need. School lunches are not the problem. I agree with ZB. School lunches really suck and I vote for her menu BUT in reality, they could eat anything they wanted to eat if they would become active.

It isn't the school lunches that are making kids fat. It's the kid's activities - or lack thereof. Instead of getting outside to play baseball, soccer, basketball, hide and seek, dodge ball or whatever, kids today sit inside the house and play video games, watch movies, spend time on texting on cell phones or anything else that doesn't provide the overall exercise that they need. Most kids could eat anything they would want to eat if they would get off of their little "sweet buns" and go outside and play. Fresh air, sunlight and activity. That's what kids need. School lunches are not the problem. I agree with ZB. School lunches really suck and I vote for her menu BUT in reality, they could eat anything they wanted to eat if they would become active.

School Lunches Suck and we have an Inactive Population...

Apparently the Gubmn't would rather go after the Food than the Actions of the Individual, or Lack thereof...

Consistent Pattern.

peace...

Hmmmmmm......who are the inside with???

:eusa_whistle:

Damn, that's Offensively White... :lol:

peace...

:lol: :lol:

The above is what school's should serve for lunch. No hot lunches or vending machine crap or soda or what have you. Just basic good, nutritional food that includes protein, carbs and some fat. And cookies for dessert, cause everyone enjoys a sweet treat. Take it, leave it, bring your own, or go hungry.

Last edited:

Momma and one of her Boyfriends who is playing GTA with them?...

peace...

Momma and one of her Boyfriends who is playing GTA with them?......

Yup.

Or Dad and one of his boyfriends.

The possibilities are endless.

But the point is, if the parents are outside, usually the kids will be there too.

No Libs want to Chime in on the Military Preppin' Future Recruits in the Public Schools?...

peace...

I'll chime in! = )

See, it's good that the military does this, because doctors, scientists, and politicians have been saying it for years, to which the reactionaries reply "Argh! The Gubrnmnt outta our lives! Urgh!! Ain't nobody gonna take mah kids right to eat fat burgers and pizza at school! Urgh!!" Oh, but now that even the MILITARY says that that shit is bad, maybe they'll all jump on board.

Besides, the military has had many positive impacts, you know, tons of technological things and that sort of innovations, paid for by unlimited government funds. And there's the army surplus store, which is probably the best thing the army's ever given us - I'm a big fan. So militaries have some good by-products, it's just their primary function as imperial aggressors and (in many countries throughout history) their role as guardians of the State against their own populations.

But hey, if they want to get kids to eat healthier, I'm all for it, even if I'm against their reasons.

No Libs want to Chime in on the Military Preppin' Future Recruits in the Public Schools?...

peace...

I'll chime in! = )

See, it's good that the military does this, because doctors, scientists, and politicians have been saying it for years, to which the reactionaries reply "Argh! The Gubrnmnt outta our lives! Urgh!! Ain't nobody gonna take mah kids right to eat fat burgers and pizza at school! Urgh!!" Oh, but now that even the MILITARY says that that shit is bad, maybe they'll all jump on board.

Besides, the military has had many positive impacts, you know, tons of technological things and that sort of innovations, paid for by unlimited government funds. And there's the army surplus store, which is probably the best thing the army's ever given us - I'm a big fan. So militaries have some good by-products, it's just their primary function as imperial aggressors and (in many countries throughout history) their role as guardians of the State against their own populations.

But hey, if they want to get kids to eat healthier, I'm all for it, even if I'm against their reasons.

The Gubmn't Makin' School Lunch all Healthy and Shit ain't gonna make them Kids stop Playin' that Computer Game 24/7 and avoidin' the playground where they gonna get SHOT, mmm-hmmm...

One Fucking Meal a DAY is NOT the Answer to the Obesity Problem in this Country... ;)

Neither is Punishing McDonald's or Outlawing Unhealthy Food.

We have a Generations DEEP Problem and it ain't gettin' Fixed via the Fed.

peace...

It's easy to say "if only the kids had more recess", but the reality is food has a much bigger impact on obesity than lack of exercise.

Forum List

Back