AP: "And Obama made sure to commend himself"

Where's the utrage when your leftist buddies bash on the religious persons and particularly Christians in their posts on here??

As for your assumption that people on here are ignorant as to Obama's stimulus package, you are sadly mistaken and blinded by your Obama hornies

Look, I am a Christian and I went to Catholic school for 8 years. Let me tell you about some so-called Christians. Do you know how many times I have heard from them that I am not a Christian because we pray to the Blessed Virgin Mary and that's wrong?? We should only pray to God. And I was also told I was a pagan because I prayed in front of statues..

Definitions of pagan on the Web:

heathen: a person who does not acknowledge your god
a person who follows a polytheistic or pre-Christian religion (not a Christian or Muslim or Jew)
hedonist: someone motivated by desires for sensual pleasures
heathen: not acknowledging the God of Christianity and Judaism and Islam
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Charming, isn't it??

Also, what about all of the "Christian" Republicans that were so righteous in taking other people's inventory, but never their own. They criticized adulters and gays constantly. And constantly talking about being a Chrisrian and the bible. I personally don't trust people that do that in conversation. Because they are usually no different than anyone else.

Then a bunch of Republicans got into trouble about the very things their perfect party spoke out against. Let's see, there was Newt Gingrich, David Vitter, Mark Sanford, Mark Foley, John Ensign, Bob Barr, John Bolton, Scooter Libby. There are more, but I think you get the idea.

That is why Christians are criticized. Because SOME OF THEM (a lot of politicians) preach one thing and do another and self-righeous does not even begin to describe them. They are hypocrites and that is why people talk against them. They are very poor examples of being a Christian. People are sick of it.

But there is good news. A lot of Christians (real ones) have seen the light, thank God.

WHY MANY CHRISTIANS DO NOT VOTE REPUBLICAN

neglect of major biblical moral themes

Jesus and the prophets spoke often and vigorously against economic exploitation of workers and of the poor. This should be part of being pro-life; but these are not priority issues in today’s “pro-life” Republican party. The Apostle Paul said greed is equal to idolatry, and the love of money is the root of all sorts of evils; but few Republicans campaign against greed or the promotion of profits above every other value. In fact they honor these moral errors. Peter warned against malice and slander; but Republican leaders do not confront and reject the support they receive from popular slanderers who promote their agenda.

the company they keep

This Administration (Bush) is not the Republican Party of old, and the Party’s primary spokesmen today are often not the kind of people Christians want to associate with. The most widely heard Republican party apologist, Rush Limbaugh, in effect worships himself, freely makes up “truth”, and maligns far better men and women; and he does all of this publicly, and daily. Ann Coulter is no better. Other party leaders are cut from similar cloth, though a little more fashionably. Tom DeLay, Trent Lott, Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Rove, Gingrich – all behave as if there is no value that can trump the pursuit of wealth and power.

Since these people are the party’s prominent leaders and voices, many Christians would feel deeply compromised to associate with or offer support to such a party. Jesus said, “I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” We do not find those things cultivated in us by Republican spokespersons.

homosexuality

This is one of the least-prominent issues in the Bible, but one of the most prominent among religious Republican activists. We must truly defend marriage in our own marriages. We must practice and promote healthy sexual attitudes and behavior in our churches. But surely those Christians are not evil who want our society to protect the economic and civil rights of fellow citizens – those not willing or able to live by our spiritual light. If we truly let him who is without sin cast the first stone, there would be far fewer stones cast in our land.

The very reasons for being a Republican Christian are also the reasons for worrying about the Republican party as it is currently functioning.

There is so much more and I wish I could post all of it. I highly recommend checking it out because it might change your perspective.

PublicChristian Why Many Christians Do Not Vote Republican

Perhaps you would do better to learn to think for yourself instead of being told what to think by others.

Let me enlighten you about OUR faith, since I too am a Catholic. We DO NOT support late term abortion - it is, to Catholics tantamount to murder. Assuming you voted for Obama, you voted for a man who supports late term abortion. You should be ashamed of yourself.

So you ignore everything I posted and decide to pounce on me about mid-term abortions?? Can you define for me what that is, in your view??? Because Republicans have convinced a lot of Americans that it is just a regular abortion that just murders the fetus towards the end of the pregnancy. Lies. That is wrong, ok??

I do think for myself, Miss High and Mighty. I don't agree with the church on abortion and a lot of other things. It appears that you are the one that needs to be told what to think, not I.

And I am not ashamed of anything. But you should be for mouthing off about something you don't understand. Let me ENLIGHTEN YOU.

If the ban were in place in 1995, Tammy Watts would likely be dead, she says.

In March of that year, Watts was in the eighth month of a much-wanted pregnancy and was eagerly anticipating the birth of her first child. During a routine ultrasound (the only way to detect abnormalities that require late-term abortion), she discovered her baby had Trisomy 13, a chromosomal abnormality that causes severe deformities and carries no hope of survival.

Because her baby was already dying and because this put her own life at stake, Watts had an intact dilation and extraction (D and X), the procedure that Bush condemns as “brutal.”

“Losing my baby at the end of my pregnancy was agonizing,” says Watts. “But the way the right deals with this issue makes it even worse. When I heard Bush mention ‘partial birth abortion’ during the debates, I thought ‘How dare you stand there and tell flat-out lies?’ There is no such thing as this procedure! Why won’t the politicians listen to us?”

When Congress first considered the ban in 1995, Watts testified on Capitol Hill. So did Viki Wilson of Fresno, Calif., who had a late-term abortion because the brain of the fetus she was carrying had developed outside the skull. So did Vikki Stella of Naperville, Ill., whose fetus had dwarfism, no brain tissue and seven other major abnormalities.

“No women has these procedures for frivolous reasons,” says Stella. “They have them because it’s their only choice.”

Unlike many American voters, Watts knows that “partial-birth abortion” does not exist. Coined by anti-choice activists, this term cannot be found in any medical dictionary. Its imprecision, according to defenders of choice, could target a whole host of procedures.

The truth about medically necessary and late-term abortions Democratic Wings

Now do you get it?? Do you think these poor, dear babies should be brought into this world to cope with such horrible health issues?? What will happen if the parents cannot provide good care for them?? If the mother dies, then what??

It is conservatives that want to torture these poor babies. Why?? Because of their hate for liberals, that's why. Conservatives need to stop lying because they are mad that libs have the majority. Oh, and because they are selfish and do not care about Americans. Do you damn people need a house to fall on you to see that?? Stop lying. This mid-tertm abortion crap is the worst lie of all.

So you ignore everything I posted and decide to pounce on me about mid-term abortions?? Can you define for me what that is, in your view??? Because Republicans have convinced a lot of Americans that it is just a regular abortion that just murders the fetus towards the end of the pregnancy. Lies. That is wrong, ok??

Late-term abortions. Mid-term abortions? That's what's going to happen come November.

Last edited:

Late-term abortions. Mid-term abortions? That's what's going to happen come November.

There is no such thing. And I'm sure not getting many responses to that fact. There's a big friggin' surprise.

Look, I am a Christian and I went to Catholic school for 8 years. Let me tell you about some so-called Christians. Do you know how many times I have heard from them that I am not a Christian because we pray to the Blessed Virgin Mary and that's wrong?? We should only pray to God. And I was also told I was a pagan because I prayed in front of statues..

Definitions of pagan on the Web:

heathen: a person who does not acknowledge your god
a person who follows a polytheistic or pre-Christian religion (not a Christian or Muslim or Jew)
hedonist: someone motivated by desires for sensual pleasures
heathen: not acknowledging the God of Christianity and Judaism and Islam
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Charming, isn't it??

Also, what about all of the "Christian" Republicans that were so righteous in taking other people's inventory, but never their own. They criticized adulters and gays constantly. And constantly talking about being a Chrisrian and the bible. I personally don't trust people that do that in conversation. Because they are usually no different than anyone else.

Then a bunch of Republicans got into trouble about the very things their perfect party spoke out against. Let's see, there was Newt Gingrich, David Vitter, Mark Sanford, Mark Foley, John Ensign, Bob Barr, John Bolton, Scooter Libby. There are more, but I think you get the idea.

That is why Christians are criticized. Because SOME OF THEM (a lot of politicians) preach one thing and do another and self-righeous does not even begin to describe them. They are hypocrites and that is why people talk against them. They are very poor examples of being a Christian. People are sick of it.

But there is good news. A lot of Christians (real ones) have seen the light, thank God.

WHY MANY CHRISTIANS DO NOT VOTE REPUBLICAN

neglect of major biblical moral themes

Jesus and the prophets spoke often and vigorously against economic exploitation of workers and of the poor. This should be part of being pro-life; but these are not priority issues in today’s “pro-life” Republican party. The Apostle Paul said greed is equal to idolatry, and the love of money is the root of all sorts of evils; but few Republicans campaign against greed or the promotion of profits above every other value. In fact they honor these moral errors. Peter warned against malice and slander; but Republican leaders do not confront and reject the support they receive from popular slanderers who promote their agenda.

the company they keep

This Administration (Bush) is not the Republican Party of old, and the Party’s primary spokesmen today are often not the kind of people Christians want to associate with. The most widely heard Republican party apologist, Rush Limbaugh, in effect worships himself, freely makes up “truth”, and maligns far better men and women; and he does all of this publicly, and daily. Ann Coulter is no better. Other party leaders are cut from similar cloth, though a little more fashionably. Tom DeLay, Trent Lott, Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Rove, Gingrich – all behave as if there is no value that can trump the pursuit of wealth and power.

Since these people are the party’s prominent leaders and voices, many Christians would feel deeply compromised to associate with or offer support to such a party. Jesus said, “I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” We do not find those things cultivated in us by Republican spokespersons.

homosexuality

This is one of the least-prominent issues in the Bible, but one of the most prominent among religious Republican activists. We must truly defend marriage in our own marriages. We must practice and promote healthy sexual attitudes and behavior in our churches. But surely those Christians are not evil who want our society to protect the economic and civil rights of fellow citizens – those not willing or able to live by our spiritual light. If we truly let him who is without sin cast the first stone, there would be far fewer stones cast in our land.

The very reasons for being a Republican Christian are also the reasons for worrying about the Republican party as it is currently functioning.

There is so much more and I wish I could post all of it. I highly recommend checking it out because it might change your perspective.

PublicChristian Why Many Christians Do Not Vote Republican

Perhaps you would do better to learn to think for yourself instead of being told what to think by others.

Let me enlighten you about OUR faith, since I too am a Catholic. We DO NOT support late term abortion - it is, to Catholics tantamount to murder. Assuming you voted for Obama, you voted for a man who supports late term abortion. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I do think for myself, Miss High and Mighty. I don't agree with the church on abortion and a lot of other things. It appears that you are the one that needs to be told what to think, not I.

And I am not ashamed of anything. But you should be for mouthing off about something you don't understand. Let me ENLIGHTEN YOU.

If the ban were in place in 1995, Tammy Watts would likely be dead, she says.

In March of that year, Watts was in the eighth month of a much-wanted pregnancy and was eagerly anticipating the birth of her first child. During a routine ultrasound (the only way to detect abnormalities that require late-term abortion), she discovered her baby had Trisomy 13, a chromosomal abnormality that causes severe deformities and carries no hope of survival.

Because her baby was already dying and because this put her own life at stake, Watts had an intact dilation and extraction (D and X), the procedure that Bush condemns as “brutal.”

“Losing my baby at the end of my pregnancy was agonizing,” says Watts. “But the way the right deals with this issue makes it even worse. When I heard Bush mention ‘partial birth abortion’ during the debates, I thought ‘How dare you stand there and tell flat-out lies?’ There is no such thing as this procedure! Why won’t the politicians listen to us?”

When Congress first considered the ban in 1995, Watts testified on Capitol Hill. So did Viki Wilson of Fresno, Calif., who had a late-term abortion because the brain of the fetus she was carrying had developed outside the skull. So did Vikki Stella of Naperville, Ill., whose fetus had dwarfism, no brain tissue and seven other major abnormalities.

“No women has these procedures for frivolous reasons,” says Stella. “They have them because it’s their only choice.”

Unlike many American voters, Watts knows that “partial-birth abortion” does not exist. Coined by anti-choice activists, this term cannot be found in any medical dictionary. Its imprecision, according to defenders of choice, could target a whole host of procedures.

The truth about medically necessary and late-term abortions Democratic Wings

Now do you get it?? Do you think these poor, dear babies should be brought into this world to cope with such horrible health issues?? What will happen if the parents cannot provide good care for them?? If the mother dies, then what??

It is conservatives that want to torture these poor babies. Why?? Because of their hate for liberals, that's why. Conservatives need to stop lying because they are mad that libs have the majority. Oh, and because they are selfish and do not care about Americans. Do you damn people need a house to fall on you to see that?? Stop lying. This mid-tertm abortion crap is the worst lie of all.

No responses?? No challenges??? I hope that means that you all understand now that there is no such thing as mid-term abortions.

Forum List

Back