AP: "And Obama made sure to commend himself"

After watching that fiasco of a news conference, it became quite clear that Obama is floundering and the desperation is setting in.

Governing hasn't worked so well for him; he's returning to what he does best, campaigning. Just remember, he has 3/4 of the stimulus bucks to spread around while campaigning this time.

YOur so right. Kinda funny how when this stimulus package was voted on it had to be done immediatly to SAVE everyone and their job and the economy. If it was that important, why didn't they put all of it out there at once??

Doesn't make a lot of sense until you see that they will now release the rest of it just about the time the 2010 elections roll around. Politics as usual. CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN. Yeah. Right.

Lets get something straight..

Only FoxNews is allowed to comment on the Presidents performance. The idea that Obama would actually provide his own analysis is unnaceptable on this board

Only FoxNews is allowed to comment on the Presidents performance. The idea that Obama would actually provide his own analysis is unnaceptable on this board

Iguess you are right...Only Foxnews seeing as no other news is doing it.

So tell me...how about you.....got a question...

Have you the desire to ask Obama what he means when he says (not in these words)....

"the stimulus averted another great depression" at the same time as saying "despite the stimulus, we are in a deeper depression than I had predicted we would be in"

You know, whether you like it or not...that is exactly what he is telling us with his graphs and charts and numbers and predicitons.

Or did you not notice that?

Have you the desire to ask Obama what he means when he says (not in these words)....

"the stimulus averted another great depression" at the same time as saying "despite the stimulus, we are in a deeper depression than I had predicted we would be in"

You know, whether you like it or not...that is exactly what he is telling us with his graphs and charts and numbers and predicitons.

I don't believe they are contradictory

The stimulus along with TARP and the Auto bailouts sent a message to the financial markets that the US Government would stand behind the banks and auto industry to prevent a collapse. This stopped a financial panic that was wrecking the markets in late 2008 and early 2009. Both Bush and Obama took similar actions to keep us out of depression

When Obama passed the stimulus bill, he viewed it sufficient to stop the collapse and prevent the unemployment rate from exceeding 8%. As has been reported a thousand times on this board, the economy was much worse than Obama's advisors had expected and unemployment broke 10%. Stimulus did however, slow down the loss of jobs significantly (from 750,000 jobs per month to 30,000)

So, if the economy and jobs situation was truly geting better, does anyone think you would have to tell the American public is was better? It seems to me informing people something is great means there isn't enough noticable change for people to see it or it simply doesn't exist.

The stimulus along with TARP and the Auto bailouts sent a message to the financial markets that the US Government would stand behind the banks and auto industry to prevent a collapse. This stopped a financial panic that was wrecking the markets in late 2008 and early 2009. Both Bush and Obama took similar actions to keep us out of depression

When Obama passed the stimulus bill, he viewed it sufficient to stop the collapse and prevent the unemployment rate from exceeding 8%. As has been reported a thousand times on this board, the economy was much worse than Obama's advisors had expected and unemployment broke 10%. Stimulus did however, slow down the loss of jobs significantly (from 750,000 jobs per month to 30,000)

When Obama passed the stimulus bill? What job did 0bama hold when the stimulus was passed? Who signed that bill?

You missed the point....
Now these are his words.....not mine...although, I guess paraphrased...so they are mine....but certainly what he said....they are a series of paraphrases....

'If we dont pass the stimulus unemployment will go to 9%'

'The stimulus certainly averted a great depression'

So putting those two together, 9% unemployment means, to Obama, a great depression.

Unemployment was at 10.2% nmow at 9.6%.

So, according to Obama, we have been in a great depression....as we have had unemployment above his benchmark of 9%.

So according to Obama:

The stimulus averted a great depression.
Despite the stimulus we are in a great depression.

See the point?

Or do you porefer to ignore it.

And by the way....thses are his stats....not mine.

So, if the economy and jobs situation was truly geting better, does anyone think you would have to tell the American public is was better? It seems to me informing people something is great means there isn't enough noticable change for people to see it or it simply doesn't exist.

According to CBS/NYT...

6% believe it created jobs.

Please note...they stopped the "created or saved" garbage.....too many people asked him to explain.

Now Axelrod (a true genius in my eyes...although I do not like him) is using a new term...

The stimulus is RESPONSIBLE for 2.5 million jobs.

Wonder if that is respopnsible for saving, creating or LOSING.....

Lets see how long that catch phrase "responsible for"...lasts.

You missed the point....
Now these are his words.....not mine...although, I guess paraphrased...so they are mine....but certainly what he said....they are a series of paraphrases....

So putting those two together, 9% unemployment means, to Obama, a great depression.

So, according to Obama, we have been in a great depression....as we have had unemployment above his benchmark of 9%.

So according to Obama:

See the point?

You are interchanging the words recession and depression...Obama didn't

To the public, Obama explained, as he has many times before, that the stimulus plan was composed of tax cuts for most Americans along with help for state governments, extended social service benefits and huge investments in energy, education and infrastructure.

And let's not forget all the payback for getting him into office. Earmarks for this one and that one and oh ... the special interest groups.

"One year later, it is largely thanks to the recovery act that a second depression is no longer a possibility," Obama said.

ANYTHING is possible Mr. President. Things could turn south at any time. Perhaps he shouldn't have said this.

You missed the point....

So according to Obama:

See the point?

You are interchanging the words recession and depression...Obama didn't

I am not.

He siad the stimulus averted a great depression.
He saidwithout the stimulus unemployment would hit 9%.
Therefore, 9% was his threshold for a great depression.
It hit 10.2%
So according to Obama, we were in a great depression.

See how you, for whatever reason, completely ignore the facts he offers and only accept his personal opinion as the fact.

Over a 1 year period the man presented charts figures, graphs and testimonials...and when they are put together...HIS STUFF THAT HE PUT OUT THERE....they add up to "great depression"....and then with one sentence, all is erased.

"we averted a greqat depression"

After watching that fiasco of a news conference, it became quite clear that Obama is floundering and the desperation is setting in.

It's funny how we've been listening to this administration, president and VP running around for the last 8 months or so throwing out numbers that nowhere near match what one or the other is saying regarding the number of jobs actiually created, and yesterday we had Biden come out in an interview and claim that this is "phase two" of the stimulus package and that NOW the jobs will start to be created.

Well, wait a minute ol' Joe. You clowns stated that the stimulus would IMMEDIATELY provide jobs and keep unemployment under 8%. You fools never mentioned PHASES. You idiots have been running around claiming all these jobs have been created, and none of you are even anywhere near the same ball park as far as numbers go. Not to mention the fact that you clowns are trying to claim that employees who happened to have received raises are counted as "jobs saved". YOU PEOPLE ARE FUCKING ASSHATS!

And, did Obama really need to have Bidens goofy ass standing next to him with that dufus grin and DIRT ON HIS GOD DAMN FOREHEAD?
I mean seriously, I know it's ash wednesday and all, but Biden permanently looks like a friggin dufus as it is, putting him up there with ashes on his head was just plain comical.

Christ, HOW DID THESE FUCKING CLOWNS GET ELECTED?:banghead:

You're a very mean-spirited person. And that comment is very ignorant. I am Catholic and yesterday was ash Wednesday. You shouldn't make fun of anybody's religion.

And everything you wrote about Obama and the stimulus is not supported by a link. So you don't know what the hell you're talking about. :rolleyes:

Where's the utrage when your leftist buddies bash on the religious persons and particularly Christians in their posts on here??

As for your assumption that people on here are ignorant as to Obama's stimulus package, you are sadly mistaken and blinded by your Obama hornies

Look, I am a Christian and I went to Catholic school for 8 years. Let me tell you about some so-called Christians. Do you know how many times I have heard from them that I am not a Christian because we pray to the Blessed Virgin Mary and that's wrong?? We should only pray to God. And I was also told I was a pagan because I prayed in front of statues..

Definitions of pagan on the Web:

heathen: a person who does not acknowledge your god
a person who follows a polytheistic or pre-Christian religion (not a Christian or Muslim or Jew)
hedonist: someone motivated by desires for sensual pleasures
heathen: not acknowledging the God of Christianity and Judaism and Islam
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Charming, isn't it??

Also, what about all of the "Christian" Republicans that were so righteous in taking other people's inventory, but never their own. They criticized adulters and gays constantly. And constantly talking about being a Chrisrian and the bible. I personally don't trust people that do that in conversation. Because they are usually no different than anyone else.

Then a bunch of Republicans got into trouble about the very things their perfect party spoke out against. Let's see, there was Newt Gingrich, David Vitter, Mark Sanford, Mark Foley, John Ensign, Bob Barr, John Bolton, Scooter Libby. There are more, but I think you get the idea.

That is why Christians are criticized. Because SOME OF THEM (a lot of politicians) preach one thing and do another and self-righeous does not even begin to describe them. They are hypocrites and that is why people talk against them. They are very poor examples of being a Christian. People are sick of it.

But there is good news. A lot of Christians (real ones) have seen the light, thank God.

WHY MANY CHRISTIANS DO NOT VOTE REPUBLICAN

neglect of major biblical moral themes

Jesus and the prophets spoke often and vigorously against economic exploitation of workers and of the poor. This should be part of being pro-life; but these are not priority issues in today’s “pro-life” Republican party. The Apostle Paul said greed is equal to idolatry, and the love of money is the root of all sorts of evils; but few Republicans campaign against greed or the promotion of profits above every other value. In fact they honor these moral errors. Peter warned against malice and slander; but Republican leaders do not confront and reject the support they receive from popular slanderers who promote their agenda.

the company they keep

This Administration (Bush) is not the Republican Party of old, and the Party’s primary spokesmen today are often not the kind of people Christians want to associate with. The most widely heard Republican party apologist, Rush Limbaugh, in effect worships himself, freely makes up “truth”, and maligns far better men and women; and he does all of this publicly, and daily. Ann Coulter is no better. Other party leaders are cut from similar cloth, though a little more fashionably. Tom DeLay, Trent Lott, Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Rove, Gingrich – all behave as if there is no value that can trump the pursuit of wealth and power.

Since these people are the party’s prominent leaders and voices, many Christians would feel deeply compromised to associate with or offer support to such a party. Jesus said, “I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” We do not find those things cultivated in us by Republican spokespersons.

homosexuality

This is one of the least-prominent issues in the Bible, but one of the most prominent among religious Republican activists. We must truly defend marriage in our own marriages. We must practice and promote healthy sexual attitudes and behavior in our churches. But surely those Christians are not evil who want our society to protect the economic and civil rights of fellow citizens – those not willing or able to live by our spiritual light. If we truly let him who is without sin cast the first stone, there would be far fewer stones cast in our land.

The very reasons for being a Republican Christian are also the reasons for worrying about the Republican party as it is currently functioning.

There is so much more and I wish I could post all of it. I highly recommend checking it out because it might change your perspective.

PublicChristian Why Many Christians Do Not Vote Republican

To the public, Obama explained, as he has many times before, that the stimulus plan was composed of tax cuts for most Americans along with help for state governments, extended social service benefits and huge investments in energy, education and infrastructure.

And let's not forget all the payback for getting him into office. Earmarks for this one and that one and oh ... the special interest groups.

"One year later, it is largely thanks to the recovery act that a second depression is no longer a possibility," Obama said.

ANYTHING is possible Mr. President. Things could turn south at any time. Perhaps he shouldn't have said this.

Again... "Arrogance" is his Middle Name... Along with Hussein... ;)

:)

peace...

You're a very mean-spirited person. And that comment is very ignorant. I am Catholic and yesterday was ash Wednesday. You shouldn't make fun of anybody's religion.

And everything you wrote about Obama and the stimulus is not supported by a link. So you don't know what the hell you're talking about. :rolleyes:

Where's the utrage when your leftist buddies bash on the religious persons and particularly Christians in their posts on here??

As for your assumption that people on here are ignorant as to Obama's stimulus package, you are sadly mistaken and blinded by your Obama hornies

Look, I am a Christian and I went to Catholic school for 8 years. Let me tell you about some so-called Christians. Do you know how many times I have heard from them that I am not a Christian because we pray to the Blessed Virgin Mary and that's wrong?? We should only pray to God. And I was also told I was a pagan because I prayed in front of statues..

Definitions of pagan on the Web:

heathen: a person who does not acknowledge your god
a person who follows a polytheistic or pre-Christian religion (not a Christian or Muslim or Jew)
hedonist: someone motivated by desires for sensual pleasures
heathen: not acknowledging the God of Christianity and Judaism and Islam
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Charming, isn't it??

Also, what about all of the "Christian" Republicans that were so righteous in taking other people's inventory, but never their own. They criticized adulters and gays constantly. And constantly talking about being a Chrisrian and the bible. I personally don't trust people that do that in conversation. Because they are usually no different than anyone else.

Then a bunch of Republicans got into trouble about the very things their perfect party spoke out against. Let's see, there was Newt Gingrich, David Vitter, Mark Sanford, Mark Foley, John Ensign, Bob Barr, John Bolton, Scooter Libby. There are more, but I think you get the idea.

That is why Christians are criticized. Because SOME OF THEM (a lot of politicians) preach one thing and do another and self-righeous does not even begin to describe them. They are hypocrites and that is why people talk against them. They are very poor examples of being a Christian. People are sick of it.

But there is good news. A lot of Christians (real ones) have seen the light, thank God.

WHY MANY CHRISTIANS DO NOT VOTE REPUBLICAN

neglect of major biblical moral themes

Jesus and the prophets spoke often and vigorously against economic exploitation of workers and of the poor. This should be part of being pro-life; but these are not priority issues in today’s “pro-life” Republican party. The Apostle Paul said greed is equal to idolatry, and the love of money is the root of all sorts of evils; but few Republicans campaign against greed or the promotion of profits above every other value. In fact they honor these moral errors. Peter warned against malice and slander; but Republican leaders do not confront and reject the support they receive from popular slanderers who promote their agenda.

the company they keep

This Administration (Bush) is not the Republican Party of old, and the Party’s primary spokesmen today are often not the kind of people Christians want to associate with. The most widely heard Republican party apologist, Rush Limbaugh, in effect worships himself, freely makes up “truth”, and maligns far better men and women; and he does all of this publicly, and daily. Ann Coulter is no better. Other party leaders are cut from similar cloth, though a little more fashionably. Tom DeLay, Trent Lott, Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Rove, Gingrich – all behave as if there is no value that can trump the pursuit of wealth and power.

Since these people are the party’s prominent leaders and voices, many Christians would feel deeply compromised to associate with or offer support to such a party. Jesus said, “I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” We do not find those things cultivated in us by Republican spokespersons.

homosexuality

This is one of the least-prominent issues in the Bible, but one of the most prominent among religious Republican activists. We must truly defend marriage in our own marriages. We must practice and promote healthy sexual attitudes and behavior in our churches. But surely those Christians are not evil who want our society to protect the economic and civil rights of fellow citizens – those not willing or able to live by our spiritual light. If we truly let him who is without sin cast the first stone, there would be far fewer stones cast in our land.

The very reasons for being a Republican Christian are also the reasons for worrying about the Republican party as it is currently functioning.

There is so much more and I wish I could post all of it. I highly recommend checking it out because it might change your perspective.

PublicChristian Why Many Christians Do Not Vote Republican
LMAO!

Biden trying to claim he's a good catholic who deserved to be annointed with the ashes, is akin to myself claiming i'm a fucking loony liberal.

Rip that baby screaming from the womb Joe!....You good catholic, you!

But hey Joe, it kinda made ya' look like one of them thar indian people who work at them thar 7-elevens that you just love!.....eh buddy?

Biden's a fucking embarrassment!

My post had nothing to do with Biden. You are an idiot. Why don't you address any of the issues I brought up?? Because............you're an idiot. Unbelievable.

Christ, HOW DID THESE FUCKING CLOWNS GET ELECTED?

because the Republicans have a six election streak of running incoherent duds

get someone who can both finish a sentence and not pat himself on the back for making legislation with Russ Feingold, and maybe center-right independents like me will consider GOP pres candidates

Forum List

Back