AOL Message Boards

ok call me cynical, say i am looking for a conspiracy where there is none. but does anyone else find it suspicious that serious news boards have disappeared, not just your one's in the usa, but every board in the u.k. now why? why does aol not want us discussing politics, immigration, the war on terror, anything that is going on in the m.e. ? when i first heard about the uk aol boards going, yep they can't moderate them they are not getting anything from advertising, but when i saw that the serious boards on aol us, had gone, i started thinking. anyone else have views on this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the new blood here, but what happened at your prior board?

On our old board a handful of righties massacred a whole posse of Librons. :razz:

the board i used to post on the uk war on terror board started going down the drain a little while ago, it seemed that moderates were not even taking any notice, bad language, nasty personal insults seemed to be the norm. i was told by a zionist american that i was a whore, my mother was whore and i had sex with my family members. in the old days it not only would the post be removed but she would have got a complete ban, not only was the post left up but she was allowed to continue posting. when the rumour started going round that the uk boards were going then all hell broke loose, what i have quoted became quite tame compared to what was posted then.

well now all of our uk boards have gone and there are refugees floating around the internet totally lost and suffering withdrawal symptoms lol.

I signed up on this board months ago...when it appeared aol was closing it's boards. Honestly, I think aol beleives they are old fashioned... They are a lot of up keep. At one time, when the internet was new and folks would use aol becaszue it was easy...they had a purpose, but now aol doesn't need to attract this crowd. Well I will make my home here now!

I hope nat, Elfy, Nala Skyler Allfordixie and others come here...

Thansk Ann Cherry....it's nice to mmet you, and Navy Mom (Ms Daze) has nothing but kind words to say about you!

We adored Sturange on our board -- her graphics received many compliments and she was good for a timely article or two 'most every day.

Not that I didn't feel sorry for y'all when your board went down, but it was great (mostly -- you probably know who it wasn't great having come aboard!) meeting new posters on ours, especially such a graphic-happy bunch. We were nowhere near as savvy as you folks.

And I love your take on the Obama logo!

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the new blood here, but what happened at your prior board?

On our old board a handful of righties massacred a whole posse of Librons. :razz:

the board i used to post on the uk war on terror board started going down the drain a little while ago, it seemed that moderates were not even taking any notice, bad language, nasty personal insults seemed to be the norm. i was told by a zionist american that i was a whore, my mother was whore and i had sex with my family members. in the old days it not only would the post be removed but she would have got a complete ban, not only was the post left up but she was allowed to continue posting. when the rumour started going round that the uk boards were going then all hell broke loose, what i have quoted became quite tame compared to what was posted then.

well now all of our uk boards have gone and there are refugees floating around the internet totally lost and suffering withdrawal symptoms lol.

Creative insults are welcome; not so much the bad language. Is it just me, but before the arrival of the new members, there was a relative quiet from the left?

Creative insults are welcome; not so much the bad language. Is it just me, but before the arrival of the new members, there was a relative quiet from the left?

now i have no problem with bad language, it doesn't bother me, but when insults like the above and where people's families are pulled in thats where i draw the line. yep insult me all you like, i won't like it and you will get back what you dish out, but drag my family into things then that is a whole different story. :evil:

I signed up on this board months ago...when it appeared aol was closing it's boards. Honestly, I think aol beleives they are old fashioned... They are a lot of up keep. At one time, when the internet was new and folks would use aol becaszue it was easy...they had a purpose, but now aol doesn't need to attract this crowd. Well I will make my home here now!

I hope nat, Elfy, Nala Skyler Allfordixie and others come here...

Thansk Ann Cherry....it's nice to mmet you, and Navy Mom (Ms Daze) has nothing but kind words to say about you!

We adored Sturange on our board -- her graphics received many compliments and she was good for a timely article or two 'most every day.

Not that I didn't feel sorry for y'all when your board went down, but it was great (mostly -- you probably know who it wasn't great having come aboard!) meeting new posters on ours, especially such a graphic-happy bunch. We were nowhere near as savvy as you folks.

And I love your take on the Obama logo!

Ms Caze created the Obama logo for me! Cool, huh? And yes, I applaud her graphics and stories...:clap2:

Dear AOL refugees.

Welcome.

Please use normal fonts.

Thank you.

- Everybody who was at USMB before you.

What is a NORMAL FONTA? This one? or This one? or This one? or even This one? or how about This one? LOL!

How is that for IMPACT? I'm just sayin, the choices are many Toro....:eusa_whistle:

AOL announced that it would be making changes in their message boards, starting 3/31/09.

They have currently shut down all message boards about politics and current events, with the current exception of some that pertain to sports, autos, "black voices", and financial news. You can also link to TMZ boards thru AOL where you can discuss inane celebrity drama bullshit.

They may bring some boards back after sifting thru all of their message boards, they may not...nobody knows, including AOL's "customer service" people (AOL customer service-there's a misnomer if ever there was one!)

No kiddin'! When the CHANGE was taking place, even the "Live Help" (Tech Support) was AWOL -- the only reason I had continued to pay the minimum fee -- so I would not have to TALK to an English-as-a-second-language person. Absolutely love the "updates" about the CHANGES provided on the "People" page....

A major corporation which fears people getting together to discuss issues of the say.

How not too terribly surprising.

AOL, and a whole lotta corporations in our world do NOT approve of citizens.

They approve of consumers.

I agree.

I find their editorial staff too conservative and too much a corporate tool. I have told them so several times. But let's face it as a business who cares what you think, they only want customers and ad money.

Anyone watch the Ed Show on CNN, seems the people are tired of trickle down and corporate power? Is a real sea change occurring in America?

now i have no problem with bad language, it doesn't bother me, but when insults like the above and where people's families are pulled in thats where i draw the line. yep insult me all you like, i won't like it and you will get back what you dish out, but drag my family into things then that is a whole different story. :evil:

Your family is off limits to personal attacks on THIS board unless YOU bring them into the discussion.

Dear AOL refugees.

Welcome.

Please use normal fonts.

Thank you.

- Everybody who was at USMB before you.

What is a NORMAL FONTA? This one? or This one? or This one? or even This one? or how about This one? LOL!

How is that for IMPACT? I'm just sayin, the choices are many Toro....:eusa_whistle:

In answer to your question, the default would be considered "normal" for this board.

You are not restricted to what colors you use. At the same time, the precedent has been established here long ago. If you choose to come in and go against the grain, no whining when you are criticized for it.

Forum List

Back