AOC Tells Teens Eating Bananas & Peanut Butter for Breakfast Fights Global Warming

Yeah, moving 40,000 tons thru water with Diesel engines is environmentally friendly.

What do you believe to be a more environmentally friendly mode?
How about 400 private jets not be used at every climate change conference? Ever heard of Skype?

Don't weasel. What do you believe to be a more environmentally friendly mode of shipping 40,000 tons across an ocean?
Considering the latest cargo ships weigh 82,000 tons empty you tell me.

So why aren’t cars ok? Planes?

So you admit that cargo ships are the most environmentally friendly way to ship thousands of tons of cargo across an ocean and you withdraw your earlier sarcastic comment to the contrary. Good.

Cars are obviously more appropriate for the transport of people and luggage short distances. Passenger aircraft more appropriate for passenger air travel. Both modalities have been working to improve fuel efficiency for decades. Obviously, the largest driver there is fuel cost, but that it helps reduce GHG emissions has not been lost on the industry. Both are moving towards fully electric drive, cars first of course. The writing is on the wall. The oil industry is not as afraid of the right-wing paranoid fantasy of the government shutting them down as they are of their largest customer base simply disappearing. It reminds me of the kerfluffle over bilingualism. Right-wingers fought any attempt to get the government to mandate bilingual textbooks, signage or labels. And they won. But, what happened? Business realized it was a business necessity and did it on their own. The government isn't going to shut down the fossil fuel industry. Its customers will.

So you admit that cargo ships are the most environmentally friendly way to ship thousands of tons of cargo across an ocean and you withdraw your earlier sarcastic comment to the contrary. Good.

Cars are obviously more appropriate for the transport of people and luggage short distances. Passenger aircraft more appropriate for passenger air travel. Both modalities have been working to improve fuel efficiency for decades. Obviously, the largest driver there is fuel cost, but that it helps reduce GHG emissions has not been lost on the industry. Both are moving towards fully electric drive, cars first of course. The writing is on the wall. The oil industry is not as afraid of the right-wing paranoid fantasy of the government shutting them down as they are of their largest customer base simply disappearing. It reminds me of the kerfluffle over bilingualism. Right-wingers fought any attempt to get the government to mandate bilingual textbooks, signage or labels. And they won. But, what happened? Business realized it was a business necessity and did it on their own. The government isn't going to shut down the fossil fuel industry. Its customers will.
I just asked why you leftists want all cars and planes banned in ten years but you think it is acceptable to ship bananas 5,000 miles.
And BTW, thanks for displaying your ignorance.

Big polluters: one massive container ship equals 50 million cars

I don't recall demanding that cars and planes be banned in ten years and I never weighed in on shipping bananas 5,000 miles. I only sought to correct the comment in which you suggested it was not "environmentally-friendly" to move cargo by ship. It is very likely that purely gasoline powered cars will be rare in another ten years and aircraft will also be moving away from fossil fuels.

I don't recall demanding that cars and planes be banned in ten years and I never weighed in on shipping bananas 5,000 miles. I only sought to correct the comment in which you suggested it was not "environmentally-friendly" to move cargo by ship. It is very likely that purely gasoline powered cars will be rare in another ten years and aircraft will also be moving away from fossil fuels.
Better get in step with Dem leadership.

I'd suggest you get in step with reality. It always makes for a better conversation.

New Topics

Forum List

Back