Anywhere else here like Anime?

Am new to anime watched death note and am watching high school of the dead ( Boobies and Zombies :boobies:) at the moment only a few eps in loving it

I see :). I couldn't get into either of those, but something that I think is similar to High School of the Dead that I liked was High School DxD. Only the first season though, I got annoyed at something that happened in the second season and never finished it -.-...

Dark City was an anime? I only saw the live action film:

Hah! No, I didn't mean Dark City (although that was good), I actually meant Wicked City. :lol:

I thought that's what you may have meant :). I only saw bits of it, but I may try to really see it one of these days...

Cool :). What did you think of it? And can you see how its animation has elements of anime? I guess cartoons today have blended more now, but it definitely was a fairly unconventional back in its day. I also loved the story line; it frequently helps to be based on a book with a lot to draw on (I still haven't read the book).

I didn't watch most of it, I just saw her watching it with her mother. I think I may have seen it as a child; it seemed a bit familiar.

It's never too late, lol :). Seriously, if you google "the last unicorn youtube" (without the quotes), you can find it.

The original, or the new one? I loved the original, still haven't seen the new one. I've been told the new one's better, but I just didn't like the way Aducard acted towards the female cop-turned vamp from the very beginning and so stopped watching it. I may gave it another go though, I think PR likes it :).

I watched the original Helsing. I started the new one, but I had just watched the original when I did and they are close enough that it didn't seem worth watching at that point. From the first episode (or maybe two, I can't remember if I watched the second) I thought that there were some things done better and some not so good. It was nice to have the same voice cast.

Really, the same voices? That is definitely surprising :p. What did you think was done better and what do you think was not done so good?

I watched a bit of it, couldn't get into it. The first anime I knew was an anime (as opposed to "The Last Unicorn", which combined anime elements with a more American style) was the original Evangelion, liked it a lot :).

I couldn't stand Evangelion. A friend was a big fan but I just thought it was a huge disappointment. What looked like it would be a good mech style movie ended up filled with a bunch of pre-teen silliness. :p

Pffft. I loved it, laugh :p. And I'm not alone. One of my favourite anime reviewers actually considers the "End of Evangelion" film to be the best movie he's ever watched, and the Evangelion series is definitely something he likes a lot too. I don't think I'd put the "End of Evangelion" into my #1 spot myself, but I definitely liked it a lot, along with the series. I must admit that Shinji sometimes drove me crazy with his fears, but in the end, he always did the right thing when it mattered. Rei and Asuka and Misato were also great female characters in my mind.

Couldn't get into the Vampire Hunter tv series, never tried the movies.

The first movie was OK, the second was actually better I think. Or maybe it was just better art, it's been a while.

I just felt that the bad guys were 2 black and white. I liked the nuance of series like Evangelion, where there both sides have good and bad in them.

I also enjoyed Blood The Last Vampire.

Haven't seen that one yet...

I can't remember if I ever watched any of the series, Blood+ or Blood C.

I read the Blood+ manga, still haven't seen much of the anime series, which is strange for me- I think it's the only case where I've read the manga -before- seeing the anime series :p. Haven't seen Blood C.

There have been some other anime movies that I enjoyed but don't remember because it's been so long.

I do remember seeing some of Oratsukidoji (is that spelled right?), The Legend of the Overfiend.

Urotsukidōji is the correct spelling (Google is my friend ;-)). I haven't seen it...

That was just filled with crazy tentacle crap and the protagonist ends up turning into a giant monster destroying the world by shooting energy beams out of his multiple penises. :rofl: Sometimes the Japanese are just odd!

Laugh :p. I've never gone for that type. I think the closest I've gotten to that type would be Claymore, but it's nothing like that really, aside from the fact that the main character has to make sure that she is not taken over by her 'inner demon' kinda thing.

Of the animes in there, I loved Elven Lied (though it was probably the saddest anime I ever saw, I had to see a happier anime right after that one to get over it :p). I also loved Stein's Gate, and Spice and Wolf. Some of the others I started but never finished (I got pretty far in Cowboy Bebop), some I heard of but never started, and some I've just never heard of :). I really think I should probably finish Blood+- I read the manga first, but still haven't finished the anime- I think that's the first non hentai manga where I've done that :p. I generally don't read non hentai manga all that much. The only other one whose name I can remember is Arpeggio of Blue Steel- there, I liked the anime tv series so much that I decided to read the manga. I should probably check to see if there are any new chapters, been a while since I last checked...

AaHcBuV.jpg

Forum List

Back